CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

I caved... bought more clubs

Well I told myself I would wait until april to buy my wedges, driver and 3w but I caved. One swing and I was in love...

Please welcome to my bag my three new babies... 52, 56, 60 CG10 Satin chrome wedges (two dot).

Put my order in for an r7 460 and all thats left is the 3 wood. I was going to go with the talyormade TP wedges (cutter grove) but as soon as I tried the CG10s I was in love with them. What a great "feel" club. Hopefully they suit me well. I've heard/read great things about these wedges. Now all I need is a three wood Still no clue what kind to get

Might go with the R7 Ti with the re*ax shaft.. but thats a lot of money for just 5 clubs.. over 1510+tx for the driver, wood and 3 wedges... that could have been my membership at the canadian this year

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Good job! I am trying to find the right driver for myself as well. How did you decide on the R7 without even hitting it? I was set on buyin the R7 425, but found the Launcher to work better for me.

Did you just like the 425 and figure the 460 would be even better?

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Please welcome to my bag my three new babies... 52, 56, 60 CG10 Satin chrome wedges (two dot).
    Nice pick I grabbed a set myself and I'm very happy with them
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    Good job! I am trying to find the right driver for myself as well. How did you decide on the R7 without even hitting it? I was set on buyin the R7 425, but found the Launcher to work better for me.

Did you just like the 425 and figure the 460 would be even better?
    Hello, yeah I really liked the shaft on the 425 and I've always hit talormade drivers better than anything else so I decided to just go with the biggest most forgiving taylormade driver made. Was going to get the r5 but then the guy told me if you like the 425 just wait till the 460 comes out so thts what I'm doing. THe only other driver I liked was the mgregor and mizunoo... might get one of them today.... don't see the point in a $500 driverwhen a $300 one will do

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    good idea, the MacTec is a great driver. I was about to pull the trigger on the 425 and still might, just don't think i can wait til May 1st for the 460!!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Is it May 1st for the R7 460. Someone at Golftown told me it was Mid March as well as the Bridgestone stuff.

"Richard"
    the golftown in ottawa said march but the one in toronto told me may. The guy in toronto said he hit it when he went down to taylormade and has it on order so I'm going with what he said since he probably is watching the dates more closely

THe mac is a fantastic driver, i guess at this point a driver is just a driver, mac, r7 460, g5.. won't make much of a difference since they are all at .86cor, great shafts, and most importantly I feel good with either in my hands

"Richard"
    I'm sooo stupid... everything tells me that the 425 is not for me... but today at golftown I caved... AGAIN. I bought the stupid thing but I'm not going to use it. Maybe I'll trade it for the r7 460 when it comes at. Atleast this way I won't blow the money before the driver comes out... So stupid am I

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    I'm sooo stupid... everything tells me that the 425 is not for me... but today at golftown I caved... AGAIN. I bought the stupid thing but I'm not going to use it. Maybe I'll trade it for the r7 460 when it comes at. Atleast this way I won't blow the money before the driver comes out... So stupid am I

It is not stupidity, it is a disease this club ho'ing.

Thread Information