100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

Good work team Canada

Well,the Canadian Olympians came through with flying colours. 24 medals, third in the standings, and who knows how many fourth place finishes. Everyone was a little skeptical when the COC said their goal was third place and 25 medals, but we did it. (If the men hadn't dropped the ball in hockey, they would have been dead on ) Congrats to the whole team (and especially Cindy Klassen). Can't wait to see this team in 2010. If we could convert just some of our fourth place finishes to 3rd, we'd be miles ahead.

Way to make Canada proud.

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    I believe I heard on CBC today that it was 18 4th place finishes, so even converting on 25% of those results - along with a mens hockey team showing up - and 2010 should be plenty of fun. Can't wait.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Canada Did Great

I think all of our Amateur Canadian Athletes deserve a huge round of applaus. They did great with Cindy Klassen leading the way with 5 medals
    Clara Hughes showed what it truly means to be a winner in the Women's 500o M speed skating event. She dug down deep and came home with the GOLD. What an awesome race that was, her last two laps were amazing.
    Yep, 2010 should be fun. I hope our government takes a long hard look at our Amateur Athletic Programs and helps sponsor more of them in the future. They train hard for 4 years, and we all know you can not train that hard and have a decent paying job. They need some support.
    THE CANADIAN OLYMPIC TEAM SHOULD BE PROUD OF THEMSELVES.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Looks like Canada is gonna end up in third place overall, great to see. I hope by 2010, the country starts paying attention to the true athletes, instead of the pro hockey players.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    The Women's 5000M skating yesterday was the highlight of the Olympics for me. What an unbelievable performance by our whole team. Hughes' last two laps and collapse after the finish, plus the podium celebration with her and Klassen, made me proud to be Canadian.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Thread Information