100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Virginia Beach or Michigan? Buddy's bachelor party!

My buddy is getting married and we're all golf nuts! We've been to Myrtle several times, and it's great, but I want something less expensive. Anyone golfed in Virginia Beach or in Michigan, please let me know what you experienced! Thanks!

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny
    My buddy is getting married and we're all golf nuts! We've been to Myrtle several times, and it's great, but I want something less expensive. Anyone golfed in Virginia Beach or in Michigan, please let me know what you experienced! Thanks!
    A friend asked me to go for labor day two yrs ago. We went for 5 days.Drove down from GTA.

Got a hotel in tower on beach ocean side, two beds, separate living room and kitchen, plus balcony, $100US a night.
    Prices for golf are very reasonable. Most courses we played were only $25-40US.

I tried to find online the link we used for discounts. Possibly if you search around you will locate. It was a free online pg of golf and hotel discounts, alot of them 2-4-1 with no charge. Sorry I couldnt find it.

I found the courses fun. Best value is the $30 or so courses. There is a tpc course that is very nice, on the other hand you will pay well over $100US.

I love the boardwalk there. It runs the entire hotel zone facing the beach. Good place to meet ..ahem..the ladies..but since you are talking a wedding trip I am guessing there will be none of that.
    (sadly my friend mr.smooth cleaned up w/the girls, I struck out)
    Great bar downtown called Harpoon Larry's, looks divey, but great crowd. Forget name, but a bar just outside downtown, 10 min drive is on the beach. Pay one price drink for hours.

My same friend has done michigan and good decent courses in warm weather, other than that, virginia beats it hands down.

ALot of concerts too, along boardwalk one night were 5 (thats right 5) including believe it or not a choice between kc and the sunshine band, or dave matthews band.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    You may end up realizing that Myrtle Beach will be cheaper after reviewing other golf destination packages. Hard to beat Myrtle Beach prices considering the quality of courses you can play.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Virginia Beach if you want to party, Michigan if you're looking to enjoy some serious golf without suffering from a massive hangover.

The Arthur Hills Golf Trail and the Treetops courses up near the Soo are two of the best kept "secrets" in US golf.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    I went to Michigan last year. Boyne Mountain. It is just awesome and one of the best deal anywhere for the quality of the courses.

Here is the link:

http://www.boynemountain.com/bm_sb.htm

We are going back in May...

Arthur Hill, The Ross, etc...

Sounds like a great trip wherever you go.

Jean-Guy

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    I was born on the border of michigan. We used to go to Gaylord and play some of the nicest courses in the UP (Upper Peninsula). A lot of professional tournament are held in Gaylord and surrounding. Check it out.

Sand Wedge Tim is on a distinguished road

Cheaper trip for golf maniac

Just came back from ocean city Maryland, 24 feb to 27 feb 2006. 8 golfers, i rent a house with www.vrbo.com, cost 80 $ canadian for the 3 nights per golfer, i deal directly with the head pro at Bayside golf course. Because we are in the low season, 30 $ us. per round cart included. Bayside is signature course from Jack Nicklas. The total for the trip, per golfer from Ottawa, gaz, meal (we make the meal at the house we rent), 6 rounds of golf, rent of house, = 400 $ canadian. The low season is until the end of march. Nothing is cheaper. We use to go at Myrtle Beach but now it is to expensive. Last 4 years, we went to Ocean City Maryland and it is mutch cheaper. I hope it will help you.

Thread Information