CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Google earth stonebridge....

Wow, I must say this is the coolest thing in a long time. A friend of mine was describing a hole and was exagerating (as usual) and I directed him to the course website which shows the yardage to the lateral hazard the claimed to drive it past but he said it wasn't an accurate drawing so someone said "why don't you just google earth" it. I've heard the term "just google it" but not "google earth it" so I went home and googled "googled earth" and downloaded the program. Found Stonebridge... after I found my house, my work, my friends house, my gym, my university, the CN tower and so on. Needless to say, I was right, he would have had to drive the ball 300+ yards to completely pass this hazard and swings about 85mph. Anyway, this thing is sooo cool. Its a satalite image of the course. I tried other courses and its amazing.

Anyway, if no one has anything to do (like me) google earth your fav course and check it out. Pretty cool

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Every featured course on our network now has a link "Satellite" that displays a satelite image from Google maps. There is no yardage measurement tool like there is on google earth, but great for looking at courses.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone tried to Google Earth Augusta National?
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    This is definitely a very cool toy indeed!! Googled all my favourite courses and the streets i grew up on, awesome!! Oh yeah August National is lookin good on there as well.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Has anyone tried to Google Earth Augusta National?
    Yes you can see it.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Just a head's up to anyone using Google Earth at work - we have a ban on it at our workplace because it's a huge memory hog (or at least this is the story IT is selling) - so if you're downloading it at work you might want to have the blessing of your boss first.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Tried to see St. Andrews but the resolution is really poor.

Coolest non-golf pic so far, Area 51 (Groom Lake, Nevada. 37º 15' N, 115º 48' W). Check out the length of the main runway. 7.2km!! You can also see the infamous Hangar 18 (for you non-UFO buffs, that's where the alien crash remains were supposedly stored back in the 50's.) It's the largest building in the lower half of the complex with the passenger jet parked out front.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information