CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Ty Webb

Question Winter Golf Schools

I was thinking of enrolling in a winter golf school. More specifically, OAC's or Thunderbird's. Can anybody attest to either of these programs or offer opinions/advice?

Cheers

TY

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

OAC been very very good to me

Ty,

I didn't go to the OAC golf school this last winter, I bought new clubs instead

However, I did attend the previous three winters. Before I attended the school, I had never broken 100. That same year, I not only broke 100 for the first time, I also broke 90.

Now I'm looking at breaking 80, I have a couple of 81s this year, and I plan to go back to the school this winter again.

I have no experience with the Thunderbird program.

Hope it helps
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Ty Webb
    Colby,

Thanks. This is the sort of feedback I was looking for. How often did you get in to practice/take lessons? I understand that their is unlimited instruction.

Ty

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

Thumbs up OAC Golf School

Ty:

I've been going to the OAC for 3 seasons now. Before going I averaged in the mid/high 90's. I took 10 strokes off my game after the first year and finally broke 80 after the second. This year I have broken 80 in over 10% of my rounds (50+ so far!) and am getting more birdies than ever before. I usually go in 3-4 times a week for 1-2 hours.

There is unlimited instruction in the sense that there are always a couple pro's around (3-4) available for pointers/instruction from 9-9 mon to fri and 9-3 sat and sun.

They have a chipping area and sand trap which are good. Their new putting green is great. Hey Colby you won't believe the difference!

You get 2 video analysis done as well.

IMHO it is worth it. You just need to time your visits well. It gets pretty busy at times and always sells out so get in early.

Maybe we'll see you there.

(hey Marc P/Colin O do I get brownie points for this free advertising ???)

GarthM

Driver natgolfer is on a distinguished road

Warren's Total Golf

Warren Grant has set up his golf school in the Phoenician Club, formerly the Thunderbird. It is not in the Dome, where the average temperature used to be 0*C, but inside, where it is toasty.

We hit balls off soft mats(Fibrebuilt) so no arm problems will develop.

You can become a member, hit at .5 h and 1 h intervals and/or make use of the newly installed putting green.

Warren is always around to help and has lesson packages available.

I am glad that I joined.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up winter ball hitting

I've also joined with Total Golf at the former Thunderbird and find it very pleasant. Well set up, bright and decent mats to hit off. The new putting green is very nice and very close to the outside greens. What is nice is you can actually practice some short chips from around the edge of the green. As natgolfer said Warren is always around and loves giving his lessons. A good way to keep in the swing of it for those anticipated trips south.

Thread Information