100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: What's your main criteria when looking for a new driver?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Accuracy

15 60.00%
  • Distance

10 40.00%
  • Looks

1 4.00%
  • Name brand i.e image

2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I thought this was an interesting article on the fitting process, and how technology can be applied.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...olf/index.html

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler
    I thought this was an interesting article on the fitting process, and how technology can be applied.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...olf/index.html
    I love technology. Great article.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by themob
    Does anyone know how much distance loss (or i suppose clubhead speed loss) there is with a 85 gram shaft vs a 65 gram shaft? Or does it depend on head weight too?

I think i would like to move up to a Fujikura, but don't want to lose 25 yds. How much accuracy can be gained with a heavier shaft?
    I lost 2.84 yrds , excactly 2.84 yrd. myself going from a 56gr to a 64gr.But that was at sea level. My accuracy improved tenfold. I went from a super big banana slice to just a slice. I figure if I keep going up in weight in 7 gr. increments, that slice will become a draw in no time ! Of course, the loss of 2.84 yrd. in distance ( at sea level ) per increment is an issue, I figure the extra roll I wil get with my new draw will more than make up the the loss in yardage. I'm very excited about finally beeing able to draw a golf ball ! Can the same be done with my irons ? Will this affect my launch angle ? My lie angles might need re adjusting !I will have to play right to left golf courses now ! What am I going to do now if I need to slice a shot ?

All kidding asside, why would you want to make such a drastic change in shaft weight ? 20 gr.is huge ! You better have a very good reason for doing so. What shaft do yo have now and why are you choosing a 85 gr, Fuji ? Something does not soud right to me .

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    But then again, how many people play golf for their score?
    Most. But then, is the score they said they had, their REAL score?

It's a old macho thing - hitting the ball farther gets you respect from your buddies, no matter if they score better because their wedge and putting game is much better.
    I cannot speak for the golfers I play with, but I believe I get a lot of respect because I hit the ball straight and score reasonably low. If golfers feel that they need to hit the ball long to get respect, they have a lot of growing up to do, IMO.

A winner in golf is the one with the lowest score and it matters squat how far the drives go. Long hitters may get "awe" from their peers, but respect? C'mon.

Everyone is different, but I admire a golfer who can ball strike poorly, and score well. That deserves respect.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Never been fitted for fairway woods. They were fitting drivers that day. This summer I'll find a demo day when they're doing fairway woods and get fitted.

I've been fitted for irons as well. So it's really the lest step in my set.

I'll let you know this spring how it goes.

That's the best way to do it! Those demo days that have the launch monitor on site are awsome! They have so many combinations and you get to see real ball flight! What shaft did you put in your 905T?

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    That's the best way to do it! Those demo days that have the launch monitor on site are awsome! They have so many combinations and you get to see real ball flight! What shaft did you put in your 905T?
    Fujikuri Speeder 757 X-Flex. It's really sweet.

Thread Information