100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

What golf books to get?

This isn't really a direct question about mechanics but more of an indirect one, what books did you read about golf that you think really improved your game? What books have you been told about by other people and saw improvments in their game?

Looking to get my first golf book (second actually, first was rule book )
    Last edited by "Richard"; 02-12-2006 at 02:47 AM.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    This isn't really a direct question about mechanics but more of an indirect one, what books did you read about golf that you think really improved your game? What books have you been told about by other people and saw improvments in their game?

Looking to get my first golf book (second actually, first was rule book )
    Actually, my list of books NOT to get is much longer than the the list to get, however, I still have some golf to play and don't want to be burned at the stake. Generally, though, stay away from any instructor with a "name."

If you want to genuienly improve your understanding of what kind of swing motion will significantly improve your results, consider these:
    1. The Secret to the Golf Swing by John Dunnigan www.golfbetterproductions.com
    2. The Golf Solution by Mark Evershed www.t-g-s-.com
    3 Putt Like the Pros by Dave Pelz This is his original book before he wrote the Bible.
    4. Golf Swing Secrets and Lies by Mike Hebron Amazon.ca or Ottawa Public Library
    5. Golf Swing Construction 101: The Bertholy Method Revisited. Exercises that will improve your ability to delay the unhinging of your wrists in the downswing. www.paulbertholy.com
    6. Double Connexion by Carey Mumford An ebook and the only book on the mental game that will improve any part of your game. The rest are just for casual reading. www.clearkeygolf.com
    7. Search for the Perfect Golf Club by Tom Wishon www.wishongolf.com

This list covers swing techniques that are correct, work, and are simple, the mental game, ie., how and what to think when you play and various aspects of golf club assembly that will get you clubs that will work best for your game.

Much of the information in these books is contrary to conventional thinking and writing, and that is what makes them so good and very helpful. They have all had an influence in helping me both improve and maintain my golf game, once I was able to deprogramme myself of the popular ways of swinging and thinking.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I've been looking for that putt like the pros book and it's hard to find! Anyone seee it around?

"Richard"
    The only golf book I've ever read is the one by deepak chopra, my friends thought it owuld be funny to get it for me when they saw much into golf I was getting and they know I hate him almost as much as I hate Dr. Phil. I started reading it and its basically a book about life (all his books are apperently) but its from the point of view of a golf or the lessons are applied to golf or osmething... anyway, I skipped all the life BS and just read the begining of each cahpter about how this guy became a great golfer. It was crap... ahahha

I'll ckec out some of those books, reading the pelz one right now.

PS what deprogramming did you need to do???

5 Iron Jes is on a distinguished road Jes's Avatar
    Golf is not a Game of Perfect is one of the best

Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    PS what deprogramming did you need to do???
    Turn the shoulders
    C0ck/Unc0ock the wrists
    Drive the legs
    Turn the hips
    Shift the weight
    Release the club
    Take it back low and slow
    Swing up on the ball with the driver.
    Think target, and so on.

Over the years, I've tried them all and they don't work, except during the first or second round. Luckily, after 40+ years of playing, the light finally went on, and I am indebted to those who had the guts to both think outside the box, and to reveal their findings.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    I've been looking for that putt like the pros book and it's hard to find! Anyone seee it around?
    Just check out www.amazon.ca

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Pelz

I ordered mine through Amazon.ca and paid $15.64 delivered, good advice from BC Mist
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Andru
    This is all you need thotho. and if you need to post another help me with my swing thread, then the fault is all yours.

http://www.paulbertholy.com/

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas
    I ordered mine through Amazon.ca and paid $15.64 delivered, good advice from BC Mist
    Did you just buy it? And did you pay 9 bucks for it plus shipping? If you did you bought my copy ! I was in the middle of checking out and then the quanity was gone. They only have used ones for $10.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Got it a while back

No, not me, I bought mine a while back but I did pay 9 plus shipping.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

2 Iron up&down is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes
    Golf is not a Game of Perfect is one of the best
    I second that. Golf is such a mental game and Dr. Rotella is one of the Best!!!

7 Wood East Coast Golf is on a distinguished road
    Swing like a pro - Dr. Ralph Mann.

It is hands down the best book I have read about golf. I just went to a conference where he was there and explained the whole swing.

I highly recommend this book.

Thread Information