100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    Its so funny that you mentioned that because yesterday i went to GT in toronto and the guy at the front said they couldn't fit me for a shaft today but it was pointless since I'm a 13-16 hcp, he said he himself is a 5 and there is no point being fitted on a vector machine cause unless you are scratch you don't swing it the same everytime and it would do you know good. TOld me to hit a few drivers in the simulator and he would read the numbers and tell him based on that which was best for me...
    I have a slightly different theory, thotho.

Since you are an incurable club 'ho (like me), there is no point being fitted on a vector machine because regardless of whatever shaft/head combo is proven beyond all reasonable doubt to work the best for you, you are still going to 'ho it for something else in a few weeks anyway!

A few years down the road, you'll reminisce about that driver that you used to have the just seemed to have the perfect shaft/head combination for you and wonder why you ever got rid of such a great club. Then you'll stop in at GolfTown and forget all about it.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I think that depends on if you like that club or not. If there is something about the look that bothers you and you do not feel confident with it then get a new one. The technology in drivers IMO has hit a peak, they can't go any bigger or get the COR any thinner and the weights are just marketing hype. Changing for the sake of change is pretty pointless because I think that I could get the same performance with any newer head with my shaft. I just happen to like the head on the 905's, but at the same time I don't see any advantages of playing the same clubs for another year unless you want to. Take Reid or Geoff for an example. Reid plays with a different set almost every round and Geoff doesn't even have clubs long enough to get a round in!!! If you want a new driver get one, but do it because you want to get fitted with the right shaft. Me personnally I would take you G2 to Artisan and compare it with the shaft you have now to see if the numbers are that different with one of his clubs with an Accra or whatever. Maybe the club with the loft and shaft you have already gives you your max launch.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    I have a slightly different theory, thotho.

Since you are an incurable club 'ho (like me), there is no point being fitted on a vector machine because regardless of whatever shaft/head combo is proven beyond all reasonable doubt to work the best for you, you are still going to 'ho it for something else in a few weeks anyway!

A few years down the road, you'll reminisce about that driver that you used to have the just seemed to have the perfect shaft/head combination for you and wonder why you ever got rid of such a great club. Then you'll stop in at GolfTown and forget all about it.
    Now there is a good point! Don't bother getting fitted and spending the bucks if you know it won't stay in the bag.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    You make a good point Thimble. But regardless of how comfortable you are with your club, if the shaft is wrong you will be limiting the potential of your swings. Were not saying switch from driver head to driver head. Just find a shaft that gives you the best marriage of distance and accuracy for your golf swing.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information