CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bermuda

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar

Bermuda

Just got back from Bermuda. Temperature was around 18 to 20 degrees all week and all the locals were wearing heavy jackets

I stayed at the Fairmont Southampton Hotel and played the par 3 executive course 7 times. $55 USD per round including power cart. A friend of mine works for Fairmont so I got the green fees at 50% off. A really nice little course and I believe Golf Digest included it on its golf courses to play list. We were like the only ones on the course during the weekday...it was great! I also splurged and played Belmont gc for $130 USD including cart for the first 18 holes...the golf pro was in a good mood and let us play another 18 for $15 each. First time to Bermuda and probably my last...it was just way too expensive. A beautiful place to live or visit if you can afford it.

Here a few pics of the Southampton course. Enjoy!

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    I had the good fortune of living in Bermuda for a couple of years. Played the par 3 course many times, it was great for getting your iron game in shape. I was a member at Port Royal while I was there and managed to play every course on the island at least once. It is a beautiful place but very expensive as you mentioned.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Beautiful picture with the sunset and lighthouse!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    I had the good fortune of living in Bermuda for a couple of years. Played the par 3 course many times, it was great for getting your iron game in shape. I was a member at Port Royal while I was there and managed to play every course on the island at least once. It is a beautiful place but very expensive as you mentioned.
    I was planning on playing Port Royal but the weather was iffy that day with rain and winds at 40 to 50 kt.

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Beautiful picture with the sunset and lighthouse!
    That's one of my favourites...its from the balcony of my hotel room. I lived the life of the rich for one week

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    I was planning on playing Port Royal but the weather was iffy that day with rain and winds at 40 to 50 kt.
    I have played in those conditions, it can be quite challenging, especially number 16 the par 3 that you tee off from a cliff over to the green on another cliff. It is the hole you usually see in brochures etc. I have hit anything from a 9 iron to driver !!!!

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    I lived in Bermuda for 4 years (1984-1988) as an army brat before the station closed for good. That executive course in the pictures is the very first course I ever played. I guess you could say it's where I fell in love with the game. Port Royal was just down the road from me and I played there quite often as well. I also had the treat of playing St. Georges, Belmont, Mid Ocean, and others. Michael, I know that par 3 you're talking about - what a hole! One of my fondest golf memories is birdieing that hole as a 12 year old, playing with my dad, and the golf pro gave me a framed picture of the hole. Ahh...thanks for the memories!

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead
    Just got back from Bermuda. Temperature was around 18 to 20 degrees all week and all the locals were wearing heavy jackets

I stayed at the Fairmont Southampton Hotel and played the par 3 executive course 7 times. $55 USD per round including power cart. A friend of mine works for Fairmont so I got the green fees at 50% off. A really nice little course and I believe Golf Digest included it on its golf courses to play list. We were like the only ones on the course during the weekday...it was great! I also splurged and played Belmont gc for $130 USD including cart for the first 18 holes...the golf pro was in a good mood and let us play another 18 for $15 each. First time to Bermuda and probably my last...it was just way too expensive. A beautiful place to live or visit if you can afford it.

Here a few pics of the Southampton course. Enjoy!
    I've not been to Bermuda in 20 years but recall it as one of the most beatiful places I've visited. Probably a bit small and claustrophobic if you lived there but a great place to be for a week or two. Do you still have to dress for dinner, i.e. wear a jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by powerlefty
    I've not been to Bermuda in 20 years but recall it as one of the most beatiful places I've visited. Probably a bit small and claustrophobic if you lived there but a great place to be for a week or two. Do you still have to dress for dinner, i.e. wear a jacket?
    The hotel I stayed at had 4 restaurants(Italian, pub, general and high end)...I believe the high end restaurant required a jacket but I didn't eat there. The other restaurants in Hamilton and around the hotel I ate at didn't require a jacket. It was low tourist season so many they weren't as picky. I found many attractions were closed or had reduced hours for this time of year. The tourist season must be crazy especially with all of the cruise ships docking there.

5 Iron Rick is on a distinguished road
    I was in Bermuda about 10 years ago. Got to play St. Georges. That was a special treat. also played the par three. Pretty pricey trip though.

Thread Information