100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar

Boycotting HNIC!!

I am the only one who can't stand watching Hockey Night in Canada?? I know that the leafs are "Canada's team" but it is just unbelievably annoying to listen to Cole and Neale.

I mean toronto is a god to these guys, whenever belfour make a save, its the save of the year and when they block a shot, Cherry critiques it like its "the way" to block a shot. I cannot handle listening to their commentary anymore. I wish you could mute the announcers while still listening to the sounds of the game. I hate watching the leaf games altogther, but when the Sens aren't on, sometimes i tune in.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    I gave up watching Hockey Night in Toronto a long time ago. I don't mind Don Cherry, but the rose-coloured glasses on Bob Cole and Harry Neale are so thick they need a guide dog when they leave the rink. I don't expect objectivity, but the occasional acknowledgement of the other team's existence would be nice.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    You should be able to change your audio in to SAP...means secondary audio programming (i think). It's just the background noise from the rink without announcers. If you have High Def, actually feels like you're at the game.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    I am the only one who can't stand watching Hockey Night in Canada?? I know that the leafs are "Canada's team" but it is just unbelievably annoying to listen to Cole and Neale.
    Turn off the sound & listen to the game on Team 1200.

What gets me is Neale & Cole still don't seem to know the names of any players that don't play for the Leafs.
    It's always "the puck is cleared by the Sens defenceman" or "good pass by the Sens forward"
    That, and referring to the 'Ottawa Sens' (everyone else just seems to say Ottawa OR the Sens)

Yup, they suck, even for a couple of drunk guys.

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    Pierre McGuire on TSN is beginning to be quite the Homer himself, always critiquing players & coaching decisions... I guess he can do that as an ex-assistant coach... still I find him quite annoying plus the Sens never see to do well when the games are aired on TSN (Toronto Sports Network). Must be some kind of jinx!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    I think McGuire has little man syndrome or some similar ailment. I mean, the way the guy shouts pretty much all the time, he should be doing WWF.

He is a total homer and that was obvious during the world junior coverage. When Steve Downey takes a dive & draws a penalty , it's a good play, when an opposing player does the same thing, it is, in Pierre's words "the personification of the epitome of diving". What a boob.

7 Iron viper is on a distinguished road viper's Avatar
    Turn off the sound & listen to the game on Team 1200.
    That's what I do as well. Can't stand Neale, Cole nor Cherry.

I understand that the Leafs [must] bring in higer rating than any other Canadian teams. However, what I do not accept is that this nationally taxpayer funded network offers a regional coverage...

Last Saturday, why was the Leafs game the only game on all local CBC stations? The sens were playing (we were listening on The Team 1200). I would bet that the Habs were playing as well...

In a world where rating means everything in order to justify promotional cost, then fine, leave the Leafs on the main/national channel/station. But for the majority of Canadians who can obtain more than one CBC station/channel, please, give us our regional coverage!

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    If I'm not mistaken both the Sens and Habs had 7:30pm start times, but Toronto started at 7. Thank god we were fortunate enough to get the leafs game, and with Expressvue, they were on a dozen different channels
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    Ottawa was playing in Buffalo, apparently the costs are too high for CBC to broadcast from the states. They only go there for the playoffs (that's what they say...)

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of Cole or Neale, but how can anybody say they don't like the duo of Cherry and McLean. Don Cherry IS what's great about hockey

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk

I refuse to listen to a game that is done by Cole or Neale! I turn to the NHL Network or RDS or ANYWHERE but the CBC..... If it is an Ottawa Toronto game on CBC I turn down the sound and turn on the radio to BOBFM who now broadcast the games.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Dont you all know by now?
    The whole word revolves around Toronto.
    The other united state
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

3 Iron Go_Leafs_Go is on a distinguished road Go_Leafs_Go's Avatar
    With regards to HNIC, I'm not complaining about all the Leaf games, being a Leaf'er and all. But I can definatly understand where all you guys that are not TO fans are coming from. It does seem that they are a little biased in their choice of games to broadcast. HNIC being a national broadcast you would think that they would show a litlle bit of impartiality.

Thread Information