CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron bbbeam is on a distinguished road

How far south would I have to go?

Given the mild winter we have had so far, I was wondering if anyone knew how far south I would have to drive from Ottawa to play some golf?

I am thinking more of a March Break trip (March 10 - 17), then this weekend, but anyone with any past experience, recommendations etc. I would appreciate a reply.

Thanks

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    While visiting some other golf forums I have seen guys trying to arrange games in PA, MD, NJ and VA. I don't know how much more north of those you could go but you'd probably have to do some searching on the web.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Sand Wedge Tim is on a distinguished road
    I fix a trip for me and my 7 friends to Ocean City Maryland feb 24 to 27 2006. 3 nights ans 48 rounds of golf at Bay side (Jack Nicklas signature). 30 $ per rounds cart included. I deal directly with the golf course. We rent condo and we bring our food. Weather is good, we never get hit by snow in the last 4 years, 4 to 15 degree. We just pay the lodging so if there is snow, we just loosing $ for the rent of the condo. It is a 9 hours drive from Gatineau. We leave at 3h00 am and we play the same day at 1h00. On are way back, we play in the morning and we are in Gatineau at 21h00. I hope it could help you. My english is not good. I hope you could understand.

Thanks Tim that was very helpful. I will also do some web searching on my own to see whatelse is available.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    You should also consider Myrtle Beach.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Just jump in your car and go south... We are heading to Myrtle but you could def. play before that.. I have always wanted to just jump in and drive until I can tee it up.. My guess (with Myrtle being a good 14-15 hours) You could prob tee it up after driving about 10 hours south...
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    We had an hour frost delay this morning north of Tampa. They put the water on the greens and after the sun got on the rest of the course away we went. Sweater off before we teed off and jacket off by the 5th hole. Sure beats the deep freeze.

thanks for all the replies - March Break has come and gone and I ending up taking the family to Toronto for a mini-trip so unfortunately can not answer the question of how far you would have to go for a game

Note - on Friday and Saturday it was + 10 or + 12 or so and not an inch of snow anywhere to be seen - not sure if any courses were open - at least the two or three I drove by weren't - (probably too wet?) - still it would have been possible for a game of hit the ball - chase the ball.

Brian

Thread Information