100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: How Often Do You Take Lessons?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Often: Regular Lessons Every Season (i.e. 6+)

12 18.18%
  • Some: Some Lessons Every Season (i.e. 1-5)

18 27.27%
  • Few: Every Few Years

12 18.18%
  • None: I Read A Magazine Tip Once

24 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lessons?

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Sounds like you and the Leafs are going to be golfing at the exact same time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Leafs_Go
    Taking my first lesson tonight. I figured that I should get some lessons before I start playing. That way it might delay me getting totally frustrated with the game and stop playing before I even really started.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    Never taken a formatl lesson. Devoured golf magazines and books in my youth, and still flip through the odd one. I don't spend a lot of equipment either tho...

Hybrid harbacostal is on a distinguished road
    The first time I ever played this silly game was at a best ball tournament, and seeing as how I was using clubs I borrowed from my father I was standing on the wrong side of the ball...needless to say I had a lot of fun.
    Somehow we wound up using some of my shots that day and I can't begin to tell you how satisfying it was. I was hooked.
    The lads I was playing with were all real "golfers" so I figured that I would take some lessons to catch up to their talent levels. I've taken a bunch of lessons since then, with an assortment of pros around the Ottawa area. Some of them were better than others. I'd have to say that the best lessons I ever had were with Joe Booth at the RA...My wife wanted to learn to play so I signed us up for the beginner lessons together. We started out with a bunch of fundamentals, and video, hitting little plastic balls off matts indoors. You really focus on the swing as opposed to the result when the ball isn't going to go anywhere no matter what you do to it. After a bunch of those sessions we went out to the range and hit real golf balls. The difference in contact and consistency was surprising.
    The worst lessons I ever had came from an instructor who wanted to completely redesign my swing, changing it from one plane to two blah blah blah. His fundamental instruction about the reasons why golf balls went in different directions was good but it took most of a year for my swing to recover...

Thread Information