100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar

Chuck Brown sale

I saw in the paper that the annual sale is this Saturday, will there be many good deals at this? I have to think they must have pared their inventory down quite a bit through the Orleans and BC liquidations, can they have much left to blow out?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Probably going to be reductions on used stuff and some of their new complete sets (Wilson Killer Whales and the like). From past sales they do offer some nice prices on OEM stuff but the newer stuff tends to stay near the regular price.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

V Steels

I went to the last day at BC location and the V Steels were selling for $85.00. I left around 8:30 and I am sure they did not sell them all. It will be interesting to see what price they come in at this time around.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Putter Magnolia is on a distinguished road
    I tried to buy a vsteel for my husband at Christmas and all they had was ladies left hand. That is probably why they were so cheap. I saw them in the paper today at 129 which is cheaper than anywhere else i have looked so I am going to pick him up one on Saturday.

3 Iron whatsup is on a distinguished road
    I asked one of the salesmen at the Orleans location at last years sale about how they have so much inventory at such low prices and he told me that some is left over from the previous year but a majority is bought from their suppliers at major discounts (guess the suppliers have to unload their stuff somehow). Will be there early to snap up a great deal on the 580s. It is an annual event for me and my buddy, kinda like our second Christmas. YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Putter jplemieux2000 is on a distinguished road

Smile chuck brown sale

Hi guys I hope you will come and see us at the Sommerset location.
    Even if we had some great sale at Bells Corners and Orleans we still have some great sale on saturday
    Like Tayler Made 580 for $99.99 and more

See you on Saturday

Wath is in my bag
    Ping G2 driver 8.5 degree
    Mizuno mx-23 forged irons
    Ping Putter

Putter Stephen123 is on a distinguished road
    anyone know if the orleans locatioh is still open? Heard something about a closing sale, so im not sure if they'll be having this sale there.

Orleans and BC locations shut down before the end of Dec. Somerset is the only CB left in Ottawa.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Anybody drop in there this morning? Anything worthwhile or should I save a trip over there?

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Got there at nine, many many people. I heard more than a few disappointed people when they realized all the 580's were sold out. There were some decent deals, V steels for 99, Rescue Mid's for 99, T40 Woods for 139.99, various wedges on sale too. Overall pretty good deals on clothes as well. Might go back this afternoon when it's a bit quieter.

bought some hogan irons ..wewt! really busy but still great service.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Agree with John... it was a zoo...
    The 580 XDs were gone in a heartbeat (that's OK, I already have one), but they did have a lot of great deals. I had my eye on a Hogan driver, some Hogan wedges and a couple of used iron sets. They were great deals, but honestly I just could not stand the wait in line line enough to get to the cash register. The line went right around the store.
    Great deals though for the folks who had the patience. Particularly those who showed up early.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

suprisingly, i waited in line from the back of the store and the wait was only around 15 mins.

8 Iron Pops is on a distinguished road Pops's Avatar
    I went there at around 1:00 and Picked up a Sun Mountain speed cart for 199.99 thats 50.00 less than golf town. The wait in line was the worst part about 15-20 min. It really was packed though.
    "The golf swing is like sex. You can't be thinking about the mechanics of the act while you are performing." Dave Hill

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I went back at two this afternoon and bought four Ashworth golf shirts at 50% offand a new golf towel. All said and done the deals were pretty damn good.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    They have some good deals on balls right now as well. I bought a box of Maxfli Rev Tours for $20 and the other two models of Maxfli Revs were $13

7 Wood pagman is on a distinguished road pagman's Avatar
    anyone notice if there was any of the recycled Pro V's left?

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I went on Sunday, and didn't see a lot. I picked up a dozen precept prwdrive just because they were $19.99. no line up at cash. Then I drove the family to golftown and my 2 year old boy had a hoot on the practice green. I saw the precept pwrdrive there for $20!
    I saved 0.01$

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I went on Saturday morning at 8:40 and there must have been in excess of 200 people in the line. So I just went home and came back at 3:30. The store was busy, but there was no lineup. I ended up picking up a 56° Cleveland 900 and tradedn in my Ping MB 60° for a Cleveland 588. Also bought a Bing Craz-e G2i putter and 2 dozen Titleists.

They still had some Pro V1s left at that time.
    Last edited by rezadue; 02-06-2006 at 04:35 PM.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Golf Guru Gropper is on a distinguished road Gropper's Avatar
    Hey Rezadue What did you pay for the cleveland 900?? i was there on sunday and they had them on $111 i think but i was at golf town 2 weeks ago and i was looking for the 900 in a 52*, they ordered it and it was only $68. They said all there tour action 900's were $68.

Just to let you know

Gropper

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pagman
    anyone notice if there was any of the recycled Pro V's left?
    Just got back. None left, though they do have some Titleist packs with NXT's and DT's. They said they should have more Prov V's by the end of the week.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

el tigre, I must have just missed you. Got back not too long ago from visits at both Chuckie's and Nevada's. Did you pick anything up?

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    I guess we all got a little spoiled from the b.c sale.
    When you go to a sale now,it just doesnt compare!
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I got a used 900 (easy 9 out of 10) and it was $90 - 30% so $62!!!!
    D'oh.....
    I called Golftown just now and they only have a couple of left handed 900 wedges left.
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    I hate to say it boys but those prices look like "the beginning of the end".

7 Wood Stephen is on a distinguished road

I don't think its the end

I think Chuck Brown's is here to stay.

They provide a valuable service and have loyal customers.

They are currently expanding there floor space and will soon have two hitting cages upstairs one with a launch monitor.

Stephen

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Usually great deals on last year's models. If what you want was in store last summer, you can probably bargain yourself a good deal.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    had my clubs regripped there last week. I went in to pick them up the day after they were due to be done and they had only done 2 of 10 clubs. After some complaining, etc. they managed to finish them off for me then (it took about 10 minutes) since I didn't really want to make another trip back. They ended up doing it for free due to the delays. Shannon handled the situation well and of course made me a happy customer. I only wish I had have picked more expensive grips ;-).
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    had my clubs regripped there last week. I went in to pick them up the day after they were due to be done and they had only done 2 of 10 clubs. After some complaining, etc. they managed to finish them off for me then (it took about 10 minutes) since I didn't really want to make another trip back. They ended up doing it for free due to the delays. Shannon handled the situation well and of course made me a happy customer. I only wish I had have picked more expensive grips ;-).
    I think that's great that they actually gave them to you for free, but why would they tell you that they would be done, and not have them done? I personally think this is bad service, they should not tell you that they will be done unless they can ensure that they will actually be done on that day.

3 Iron whatsup is on a distinguished road
    I think we can all agree that every store (not just golf stores) will make mitakes. As a customer, it can be frusterating but not the be all end all. Its what they do afterwards to remedy the situation that makes the lasting impact. I'll take free grips any day.

I didn't get my 580 this year, if they are getting more Pro-Vs, any chance they will get more 580s?

Thread Information