CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey Sens Fans

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Smile Hey Sens Fans

Sens fans may wish to chech out the following site. Leafs fans too if you like abuse.

www.sensunderground.com

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    The pic of the leaf blower nearly made me pee myself!
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    The one titled LEAFS PARADE was a killer! I gotta post that one on TGN for all those adoring LEAFS FANS!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    The one titled LEAFS PARADE was a killer! I gotta post that one on TGN for all those adoring LEAFS FANS!
    I'm no fan of the Leafs but how do you get the nerve to post that stuff when they win their first game after losing 8 in a row and they're still AHEAD of the Sharks in the standings?

I'd tell you that the Sharks suck but my poor Habs are sitting a point back. Glass houses and all that.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler
    I'm no fan of the Leafs but how do you get the nerve to post that stuff when they win their first game after losing 8 in a row and they're still AHEAD of the Sharks in the standings?

I'd tell you that the Sharks suck but my poor Habs are sitting a point back. Glass houses and all that.
    Because unlike LEAFS FANS, I am not sitting here saying my team will win the STANLEY CUP. Unlike LEAFS Fans I am realistic, I know my team is young in age, we do not have the "Aging Veterens with experience such as the Leafs have" Again, correct me if I am wrong, but what "Experiece" does anyone on the Leafs team have? None of them were around in 1967 when the Leafs last won the CUP. I would tend to say the Sharks might have the upper hand here again, youth on their side, less injuries, and if they make the playoffs youth can grind it out longer than aging veterens. The Sharks have a very good core group of players, Marleau, Thornton, CheeChoo etc. Thornton knows what it takes to win a Championship, he did it twice with Davos last season.

Sharks are TWO POINTS BEHIND THE LEAFS, however they have played 3 games less than the Leafs. Now correct me if I am wrong here, but those 3 games could bring 6 points to the Sharks. Seems to me the Sharks might have the upper hand in the overall points standings over the Leafs. Correct?

As for your Habs, they are one point behind my Sharks, so you are right, you have no reason to say the Sharks suck

Besides, I love it when the LEAFS lose games, and contrary to what many people think, not everyone is a LEAFS FAN simple because they live in southern Ontario. There are a lot of Wings fans around here, Ranger and Boston fans too. Then there are guys like me who cheer for the Sharks, and have for many years.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum

Because unlike LEAFS FANS, I am not sitting here saying my team will win the STANLEY CUP. Unlike LEAFS Fans I am realistic, ...I
    I have read this comment and similar ones to the same effect so many times now. About how all Leaf fans are unrealist, pathetic, etc. and you act all surprised when one actually says "Yeah the Leafs are not very good this year". Then they continue to get trashed anyways... But honestly, I don't see all that much false boasting by Leaf fans; at least not here on this site anyways. The few Leaf fans that are here seem to be pretty realistic and honest in saying their team is hurting. I know that I for one, have never predicted the Leafs to win the cup this year. (Andru, have you???) That goes for the dozens of Leaf fans that I know too. So, I don't know where you've been hanging out (Is there an "unrealisticleaffanatics.com" website or something? And yes, I am aware of a few on the Toronto site (BS) that may fit your generalisation of Leaf fans the world over. That's unfortunate I guess. I will say that there is definatley an ongoing dialogue between Leaf fans and Leaf "haters". BTW, I still think it's funny when someone actually "hates" a team, but anyways...whatever floats your boat. To think that a non-Sens fan actually voted for the Sens instead of the "other team" option in that poll that was conducted because they hate the Leafs so much makes me laugh too. Anyways, back on topic - these dialogues sometimes get ridiculous and plain out of hand, which is I why I normally stay away from posting in them. When reading these, you should consider what comments are posted that are genuinely, Leaf-boasting cup predictions, and the ones that are made "off the cuff" to get a rise out of all the haters.

So I'll come out and say it, and you can respond with your standard "Oh my god, a realistic Leafs fan!" comment.

THE LEAFS ARE NOT GOOD AT ALL THIS YEAR AND WILL BE LUCKY TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

There. Is that better? Did I make your day by having a Leafs fan admit on a public forum that they are not an awesome powerhouse this year?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrace
    So I'll come out and say it, and you can respond with your standard "Oh my god, a realistic Leafs fan!" comment.

THE LEAFS ARE NOT GOOD AT ALL THIS YEAR AND WILL BE LUCKY TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

There. Is that better? Did I make your day by having a Leafs fan admit on a public forum that they are not an awesome powerhouse this year?

Very much so, thanks for not being a biased fan.

I for one don't "hate" the Leafs, but I don't "like" them as well. As I've stated before, my father is a die hard fan, even in the 80s when they were way worse than they are now. But I think I get a little enjoyment out of needleing him everytime the Leafs put up a stinker.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Very much so, thanks for not being a biased fan.

I for one don't "hate" the Leafs, but I don't "like" them as well. As I've stated before, my father is a die hard fan, even in the 80s when they were way worse than they are now. But I think I get a little enjoyment out of needleing him everytime the Leafs put up a stinker.
    Hey that's totally cool that you get that little enjoyment, and I'm certainly not begrudging anyone of that. It's no worse that me smiling inside when the Sens get thrashed 5-0 by the Bruins. ;-)

What's funny is how some people actually seem to thrive off of their rival's failure, and will post incessantly about it until they elicit some sort of response. Whether it be defensive, they jump all over it, or a "realistic" admission of failure, again they're right in there. And when there is no response, it's "What? No comments from Leafs nation???"

I don't know. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, which is ironic because I'm only 32. Or maybe I'm just naive to what the purpose of a forum is.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Nah, I totally bashed the Sens for that effort against Boston as well. That was one of the worst games I have ever seen by them, ever. I really only like bugging my father and a good buddy of mine only because they are so much of a die hard fan. Other than that I couldn't care less whether the Leafs loose or win. The topics that I have posted about the Leafs have really not been about on ice stuff. More of reactions to comments made off the ice.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information