+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar

Thanks downhillslider

*hope this is the right place to post this*

Hello All,

I just wanted to take a minute to let everyone know about my wonderful experience the other night, with "downhillslider." I had posted a little while back asking for information about the best person to take my new clubs to have them looked at (lie/loft etc...). I had received a few replies and the general consensus was to contact Don @ Artisan. Hours passed and I received a pm from downhillslider explaining that he read my post and was wondering if I would consider using himself. He went on to say that he was a Class "A" clubmaker with many years of experience. Not having any hindsight to work with, I decided that this gentleman at least deserved my consideration. I recalled reading a post or two awhile back from downhillslider regarding his experience and what not. I reread the post and at the end decided that his qualifications more than exceeded my expectations.

I met with Les on Monday at Bentgrass. First impression was that this guy was serious and knew what he was talking about. Stepping into the sim booth made me feel like I might have been browsing an aisle at T&L or someplace similar. There were clubs everywhere. Introductions aside, he quickly explained what he hoped to accomplish. He spent sometime comparing my older set of clubs with my new ones and getting a feel for how I saw them and what I thought. After a short warm up we spent time working with irons, as that was the reason why I was there. He determined that the clubs were too long and the lie was off and that was why I wasn't seeing the "consistency" that I had with my older set of clubs. It seemed as though after every shot he was asking questions, what I thought, how it felt, etc.... Having determined our plan of action on the irons we moved to my driver. He had me hit shots with drivers with varying stiffness. After a few tweaks to my setup and stance I was crushing balls deep down the fairway. Longer and straighter with a harder swing than I would with MY driver. I finally began to see the difference that a shaft could make. I'm not sure how long I was hitting those drivers, but I started to get the impression that I was "over- staying" my welcome and that we should wrap it up soon. Les was in no hurry and basically let me hit as long as I wanted too. Really nice of him considering it's his evening and the Sens and Leafs were on the tube.

I have just recently received an email from Les, he has offered me a deal that I can't refuse. I am taking the time to share this with in the hopes that if other people are in my situation that they would consider giving him a call. Les was very nice, relaxed and knew what he was talking about. Give him a try, you won't regret it.

Rich
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    He has been a sponsor here for many years but never posted(to my knowledge) until this year. Great to have a knowledgeable clubmaker being part of this forum.

http://www.ottawagolf.com/clubsrus/index.htm
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the kind words Andre. Soon after joining the post, I found out in a hurry that it is verry dificult to convey thoughts and body language to keybord. RE: Mr.dbleber. There was no harm intended on my part. Water under the bridge I hope ! Anyways, enough of that, lets talk golf !

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Agree! It wasn't that long ago that I posted my first few posts and ended up in a little tiff myself. It takes a certain skill to get your message across without the aid of tone of voice, facial gestures and body language, this is something that I am still finding hard to do. Glad to have someone with your knowledge on board!

Thread Information