CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Pat Quinn: Piece of Work

Just heard his post game comments on Sportsnet. According to Pat the Coliacovo(sp?) incident was not inadvertent. He says Carlo's feet were taken out from under him. I watched the game and saw the replay many times. It was an ACCIDENT! You can tell by Vrada's reaction, he was made he got clipped by Carlo. But when he turned and saw him on the ice he calmed down a bit. Carlo was trying to throw a hip check at Kelly and ran into Vrada. Feel bad it happened to him, but it was an accident plain and simple. I know things are going bad Pat, but come on. Do you really think anyone is going to believe you that Vrada intentionally took out someone's feet when he didn't even see him coming.... Lack of class in my books on Pat's part and I've always felt that way about Quinn.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I was going to say, do you expect any less from Quinn? The announcers talked about how the leafs put forth a great effort, and still fell short of the Sens.

Not really dave, but at some point you have to grow up and acknowledge accidents when they happen and quit the "everyone is out to get us" crap. Just saw some more comments on TSN and Quinn called it a "cheap play". I can only ask what type of warped view do you have to have to call that play that way? Carlo's timing was off, no Rob Blake is he, and unfortunate for him he crashed into the boards. Too bad Quinn isn't more concerned with his player's health than laying blame where it shouldn't be. And this guy is going to represent our country at the Olympics. I wish Hitchcock would be assigned the helm, at least he is not an embarrassment at times.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Not really dave, but at some point you have to grow up and acknowledge accidents when they happen and quit the "everyone is out to get us" crap. Just saw some more comments on TSN and Quinn called it a "cheap play". I can only ask what type of warped view do you have to have to call that play that way? Carlo's timing was off, no Rob Blake is he, and unfortunate for him he crashed into the boards. Too bad Quinn isn't more concerned with his player's health than laying blame where it shouldn't be. And this guy is going to represent our country at the Olympics. I wish Hitchcock would be assigned the helm, at least he is not an embarrassment at times.
    Did not see his comments but saw the telecast. Not sure if Colaiacovo was going for Kelly or Vrada but he missed. Plain and simple an accident. If Quinn wants to assign blame - then pin it on Colaiacovo for such a gambling, reckless play near the boards.

Agreed.

Andru
    Your opinions would have more merit if you were actually impartial. That's the biggest problem I have with Sens fans. 1) They talk about leaf fans and how blind they are and foolishly loyal and it's true to some extent, but so are you. So really you shouldn't be throwing rocks if you live in a glass house.

Quinn. is pissed. It was an accident no doubt. I'm sure he hadn't seen a replay so he's reviewing it at full speed. It's bad enough the sens have won 6 straight. 3 in pretty decisive fashion. Why do you feel the need to further dump on a guy when he's already down? That shows very little class as well.

I'm not saying anyone is perfect but befoer you start hurling insults look in the mirror. BTW Pat Quinn and staff delivered the first gold medal for Canada in 50 years. If they had lost you'd all blame Quinn and the staff for the loss so it's only fair.

I'll admit it I'm an idiot for replying to this stupid thead.

Good Day.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    This thread is not at all stupid - Quinn's comments were stupid. It doesn't matter if you're impartial, if you're right. You said it yourself - it was an accident. Ergo, Pat Quinn was wrong to get pissed at Varada, ergo, Sens fans getting pissed at Quinn's irrational, blatantly incorrect statement is (at the very least) somewhat justified. Speaking of class, what kind of coach goes out and accuses an innocent player of a dirty play (with apparently serious consequences) when it is apparent Coliaccavo simply missed his check. Nobody here said anything about leaf fans at all, so I don't know where you're getting that bit from. Furthermore, nobody insulted Quinn, they just said his accusation lacked class (which is rather true). Is Quinn immune from criticism because they've lost 6 straight? Would it just be too mean to criticize a guy whose team is losing?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    Your opinions would have more merit if you were actually impartial. That's the biggest problem I have with Sens fans. 1) They talk about leaf fans and how blind they are and foolishly loyal and it's true to some extent, but so are you. So really you shouldn't be throwing rocks if you live in a glass house.

Quinn. is pissed. It was an accident no doubt. I'm sure he hadn't seen a replay so he's reviewing it at full speed. It's bad enough the sens have won 6 straight. 3 in pretty decisive fashion. Why do you feel the need to further dump on a guy when he's already down? That shows very little class as well.

I'm not saying anyone is perfect but befoer you start hurling insults look in the mirror. BTW Pat Quinn and staff delivered the first gold medal for Canada in 50 years. If they had lost you'd all blame Quinn and the staff for the loss so it's only fair.

I'll admit it I'm an idiot for replying to this stupid thread.

Good Day.
    If you think I'm impartial, search back and look at some of the comments I've made on the Sens. I have criticized them probably more than anybody here for their poor play when warranted. So last time I looked I didn't live in a glass house.

I'm sure Quinn is pissed. And if the incident had happened late in the third period I could see him making a comment like that. The fact it happened in the first period I guarantee he had a chance to look at it from a couple of angles during the intermission(s). At least if I was a coach and cared about my player's health I would have taken a few moments to see what really happened.

I'm well aware that Quinn brought us our first gold medal in 50 years. And would I have blamed him for not winning the gold, no. With a team of that calibre I don't find it too hard to coach a group like that. They were a veteran group and I'm pretty sure almost any coach in the NHL could have coached them to the gold. Now if it was a bunch of young budding NHL superstars and they brought home the gold now that would have been more impressive and more praise would have been warranted to Quinn. Now in my mind Brent Sutter taking a bunch of inexperienced kids and taking them to a gold medal is a coaching job and done with class might I add.

I was really hoping a Leafs fan would have stepped and admitted Quinn was wrong. But that is my PROBLEM with Leaf fans. They never think their guys can do no wrong. Oh well, I guess I'm just impartial.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 01-24-2006 at 08:03 AM.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar

I'll admit it I'm an idiot for replying to this stupid thead.

Good Day.
    Get Real. This is classic Quinn. Everyone's out to get us. Remember the incident where Quinn said Neil spit on Tucker. Another lie. Quinn is a loudmouth crybaby. It's got nothing to do with dumping on a guy when he's down. It's about calling a spade a spade.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

What i think is funny is when Domi was interviewed before the game. He said "We don't make excuses when guys are injured, like another team that we are playing". He is such a tool. Everytime i see an interview with Quinn he is talking about how good they played considering the injuries, as well as an interview i saw with Sundin. I don't blame them, with the guys they have injured, they have a right to blame part of their poor effort on the lack of McCabe out there.

Thought it was a good game last nite, and anybody who thinks Quinn has any class whatsoever is out of their mind. I don't think i have ever seen a post-game interview after a loss when Quinn isn't blaming it on the refs, or a cheap play. It's in Quinn's nature to do this, he knows his time is coming and is trying to deflect the pressure!

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Silly comments really, those about Varada and making excuses for injuries. On another note the Leafs looked more gutted after last nights game than any of the others. Probably because they gave their all but still fell short. If we face them in the playoffs they'll play more like that, but Sens have to make sure not to switch off like they did in the 2nd period and at 4-1 in the 3rd and play a 60 min game. Hopefully that will be on their minds for the Habs game come Thursday.

Andru
    Geez so much to answer here. Let's start with this.

And this guy is going to represent our country at the Olympics. I wish Hitchcock would be assigned the helm, at least he is not an embarrassment at times.
    None of you have ever met the guy and you're all experts. He has no class, he's stupid, he's ignorant. blah blah blah it's the same Tiger woods. thing. Your connection is a 10 second sound clip on the radio and your all experts on a persons integrity. It's truly sad.

BTW pointing out the obvious about your team doesn't make you impartial it makes you a hockey fan. Understanding the opponent and giving them fair and unemotional commentary is impartial.

None of you have ever met the guy and you're all experts. He has no class, he's stupid, he's ignorant. blah blah blah it's the same Tiger woods. thing. Your connection is a 10 second sound clip on the radio and your all experts on a persons integrity. It's truly sad.

BTW pointing out the obvious about your team doesn't make you impartial it makes you a hockey fan. Understanding the opponent and giving them fair and unemotional commentary is impartial.
    Never said he's ignorant or stupid. Just said he lacked some class for not seeing something that is plenty obvious to everyone else in the hockey world. Well maybe that does make him a little ignorant after all.

And as for me formulating opinions after a ten second clip....I'm not formulating this from a ten second clip. I am formulating this from years of listening to him moan and complain after loses. My father is a die hard Leaf fan, bless his naive heart , so I have watched many Leaf games just to hang out with good ol' dad. And time after time I have heard nothing but whining come out of his mouth when things don't go his way. So no I don't have to meet him to have an opinion on him. And by no means am I an expert. I'm just voicing my thoughts that I think he is an embarrassment to his players and franchise at times. And even my father, who is the biggest Leaf fan I know, can't believe Quinn's comments regarding the incident.

And like I said, in Leafs fan's eyes they can do no wrong. Now there's something to be said about being impartial.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 01-24-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    Sundin in a post game interview said it was an accident, Varada didn't take out Coliaccivo's legs but it was just an unfortunate incident. Quinn is upset (and understandably so after losing 6 in a row!) I think after he reviews the injury on tape he will change his tone but I'm sure no apologies will be forthcoming to Varada for the comments he made.

What's truly sad is you defending him. He's a broken record. And soon to be an unemployed one.

Nobody is judging the man's private actions. We're judging his hockey related actions, particularly last nights, and so are completely justified in saying he's acting without class. I'm sure he's a perfectly nice man, but he can be a jackass when it comes to hockey. How would meeting him make one any more knowledgeable about his comments last night? Is Pat Quinn a horrible person and a drain on society? No. Does Pat Quinn often portray a demeanor lacking in class or respect? Yes.

Just to comment on impartiality - nobody is going to be impartial, ever, by your standards, so we might as well all stop making any comments about anything, ever. But, contrary to what you have said, it is possible to put forth an objective analysis despite one's own personal opinions on a subject. From what I have read, the posts in this thread have done this.

Very well said jonf. Maybe that's how I should have put it. But I agree with you 100% on this one.

Andru
    jonf makes a good point. I'm convinced if this was a sens coach this thread would not have started. But that's just an opinion I could be wrong. I've on these boards a long time now.

17 posts is pretty good. I thought this thing would die after just the 3.

Is it spring yet? I need to play some golf I think it's the core of my angst. Everything is worse than it really is.

Is it spring yet? I need to play some golf I think it's the core of my angst. Everything is worse than it really is.

Cabin Fever has run amok on Ottawa Golf!

The Carlo hit just gave Quinn and the leafs reporters something to talk about after the game to divert the attention away from the 4-3 loss. Watching TSN, Sportsnet and the Score, the only clip of Quinn was him talking about the hit.

Its so funny, when a team is so bad that they are taking a "moral" victory from a loss! You know the team is bad when reporters and analysts are giving them praise for putting up a good effort and coming close! I guess it just shows the seperation between the skill level on these two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    The Carlo hit just gave Quinn and the leafs reporters something to talk about after the game to divert the attention away from the 4-3 loss. Watching TSN, Sportsnet and the Score, the only clip of Quinn was him talking about the hit.

Its so funny, when a team is so bad that they are taking a "moral" victory from a loss! You know the team is bad when reporters and analysts are giving them praise for putting up a good effort and coming close! I guess it just shows the seperation between the skill level on these two teams.
    You know you are in trouble when a loss is considered a victory. Too bad the NHL doesn't have a column for Moral Victories in their standings.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    Nobody is judging the man's private actions. We're judging his hockey related actions, particularly last nights, and so are completely justified in saying he's acting without class. I'm sure he's a perfectly nice man, but he can be a jackass when it comes to hockey. How would meeting him make one any more knowledgeable about his comments last night? Is Pat Quinn a horrible person and a drain on society? No. Does Pat Quinn often portray a demeanor lacking in class or respect? Yes.

Just to comment on impartiality - nobody is going to be impartial, ever, by your standards, so we might as well all stop making any comments about anything, ever. But, contrary to what you have said, it is possible to put forth an objective analysis despite one's own personal opinions on a subject. From what I have read, the posts in this thread have done this.
    Well said jonf
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Is that the same Quinn that called Coach Hartley all kind of name when Domi started a fight early in the year in Atlanta.

What's was more unbelievable is that Big Mouth Cherry defended Coach Hartley and had no positive comment for Quinn ....

What about Sundin, will he be a Leafs at the end of the year?

Jean-Guy

on the topic of coliaccavo, has anyone heard how he's doing?

Quote Originally Posted by jonf
    on the topic of coliaccavo, has anyone heard how he's doing?
    from what has been said he likely only suffered a concussion

he was on the leafs charter back on Monday night to Toronto.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Stand Pat Quinn

As the new age of hockey passes STAND PAT QUINN by on the bench, I as an Official Maple Leafs Hater would like to start a Petition.

It will state

Dear John Ferguson & The MLSE Board

Please do not fire Pat Quinn. The Official Maple Leafs Haters actually love the way Mr Stand Pat is coaching your bunch of misfits. If you fire him and hire someone who can actually coach in the new NHL then your team might have a better chance of making the playoffs. We just do not want that to happen!

You could do Mats Sundin a favour though, trade him to a team that is contending for the Cup. Poor Mats is not getting any younger (then again most of the Leafs are in that same boat) and he might like to at least have a shot at winning a Stanley Cup before he retires. (We all know that won't happen in your organization for many years to come)

So, once again PLEASE DO NOT FIRE PAT QUINN. We love him as a Head Coach for the simple fact he could not coach his way out of a corner

ALL LEAFS HATERS PLEASE BE SURE TO SIGN THE PETITION
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    As the new age of hockey passes STAND PAT QUINN by on the bench, I as an Official Maple Leafs Hater would like to start a Petition.

It will state

Please do not fire Pat Quinn. The Official Maple Leafs Haters actually love the way Mr Stand Pat is coaching your bunch of misfits. If you fire him and hire someone who can actually coach in the new NHL then your team might have a better chance of making the playoffs. We just do not want that to happen!

You could do Mats Sundin a favour though, trade him to a team that is contending for the Cup. Poor Mats is not getting any younger (then again most of the Leafs are in that same boat) and he might like to at least have a shot at winning a Stanley Cup before he retires. (We all know that won't happen in your organization for many years to come)

So, once again PLEASE DO NOT FIRE PAT QUINN. We love him as a Head Coach for the simple fact he could not coach his way out of a corner

Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Check out the article in the Citizen today on Quinn. Kind of relates to this thread.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum

It will state

Burn.........
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Thread Information