CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar

Any hot item fairway woods on the market

One of the guys I work with told me that he is looking to buy a new set of woods and asked me for some suggestions. I don't know squat about the new woods out on the market and would like some help from some of you club ho's since you probably tried them all. He has a club head speed of about 105 and tends to draw the ball. He is also a little on the short side so he knows that the clubs will probably have to be fitted. Thanks for any suggestions!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    If he has the cash, I really like the Titleist 904F. The head isn't huge and the face is really responsive. With most Titleist fairway woods it has nice boring trajectory that works well in the wind or on a sunny day. It's best for your friend to get out and try as many as he can and pick the one that feels the best, gets the trajectory he is looking for and fits his budget.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    On the component side of the house, check out the Wishon 515 GRT fairway woods.

They are so good that they actually made the Golf Digest "Hot List" for 2006, which is very unusual for a company that doesn't send advertising $$$ their way.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Orlimar VT830.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    I would have to strongly recommend the 'Taylor Made V-Steel'.
    It was the hottest selling and highest rated over the last 2 years. A recent golf article said it was in more bags on the pga then any other fairway wood. Said most have not moved to the r series as it was just too good.

A british golf magazine just said that they asked a group of sports writers and 100 of their testers to name the one club that was in their highest regard of the last yr or so.
    They could name any putter or driver or ball etc.

They chose the vsteel. Good thing is that it is a little cheaper than all the new offerings, although an example of their popularity is that they are still fairly high priced and still available at retailers, even 2 yrs later.

P.s. if u think i am a tm promoter, I don't actually carry any of their stuff.

Cheers, Shark
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I thought I read somewhere that the Tour Edge Exotics have the hottest face of any FW. Of course for $350US a pop, it better have.

I love my Mizuno MP 001, it sits dead square at address and hits the ball a mile. It's especially good off the deck. The best thing about them is since they're being phased out by the F-50, they are super cheap right now. You can pick them up new in Canada for $100, so I'm sure your friend could get an even nicer deal down there at a GolfSmith, Dick's or Edwin Watts.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Not the newest technoloy, but I've got to put a vote in for the Nike T40. This is the longest 3 wood I've ever hit, and it's very reliable.

Not sure how much luck you'll have finding them, but if you can, grab one....

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    If your friend is looking for the newest and hottest fairway woods out there, they have to be the Tour Edge Exotics and the new Adams Tour 3wood. From all indications, the new adams is one of the best on the market

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Thank you for all your wonderful comments and suggestions, I will give him a shopping list and he can have fun looking for them and trying them out. I told him he may have to dig up that coffee can in the back yard and get some extra money.

5 Iron themob is on a distinguished road
    Sonartec. Best fairway woods out there. Hybrids too, but i'm old school - anti hybrid.

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    One of the guys I work with told me that he is looking to buy a new set of woods and asked me for some suggestions. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Hi ironmaster

Driver: KZG Gemini 395
    F. Woods: Ashton X1-D
    Hybrids: Nickent Genex 3DX

ALL this stuff has seen tour use,
    with no $ endorsement deals.
    Outstanding heads!!!
    Kind regards, Harry

Thread Information