CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ovechkin

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar

Ovechkin

Anybody see Ovechkin's goals against the Coyotes? It was awsome, that kid has some serious offfensive talent. He may not be the best play maker,but for pure scoring touch it's him and Kovelchuk!
    Last edited by dbleber; 01-16-2006 at 07:20 PM.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    He is one of a kind, this kid makes unbelievable plays night in and night out! He is phenomenal to watch, forget about Svatos as rookie of the year, this kid is the real deal. Svatos plays on a far superior team, same can be said about Phaneuf. Ovechkin is the real deal and is the lead horse for sure!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Ovechkin is great, no doubt. But, every time that I get to see the Flames play, I am continually impressed with the amount of improvement and maturity that Phaneuf shows. The First time I saw him play this year, I remember one power play where he got set up for about 12 one timers in a row. On each one, he took a massive wind-up, and just clobbered the puck, but his accuracy left a lot to be desired. The next time I saw him play, he was taking smart shots, waiting for the lane to open, taking a wrist shot, or a slap shot with a shorter wind-up when necessary. He created a lot more chances, and ended up scoring on one. Of all the contenders for the calder, he (in my mind) has shown himself to have the best hockey brain of the lot.

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    The Ovechkin goal was probably the best goal I've seen this season. Almost Bobby Orr-esque. All I can say is WOW!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g8r
    The Ovechkin goal was probably the best goal I've seen this season. Almost Bobby Orr-esque. All I can say is WOW!
    I second that!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I don't think it's the best goal I've seen this year. Was it good? Absolutely. It was a tremendous second effort as he shovelled it towards the net. If the goalie had been anywhere near in position, he would have easily stopped it. I'm not sure it compares with a lot of other goals this year that the players had complete control and made an extraordinary play, putting the puck exactly where they wanted into the net. Like Jokinen's (sp?) goal the other night.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    If this is not the best goal of the season so far it has to be the best second effort.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Having not seen this goal... how does it compare to Malik's goal in the shootout about a month ago? The one between his legs
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RLaw
    Having not seen this goal... how does it compare to Malik's goal in the shootout about a month ago? The one between his legs
    Well Ovechkin was trying to deke around the Defense and fell down and scored while lying on his back! Just watch sportscentre tonite, i am sure they will show it again, and it will be the #1 play of the week as well!

On his back you say? Hmmm, this I've got to see. Perhaps I can find it somewhere on the net.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Found it. You have got to be kidding me. How the heck did he get that to go in? I'd say it was better than Malik's through the legs.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RLaw
    I'd say it was better than Malik's through the legs.
    I agree, because of the situation of each goal.
    Malik's goal was spectacular, but accomplished while on a penalty shot. If Mailk had pulled that move during the course of regular play then it's a different story.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Wow...what a goal. one handed, behind his head, on his back. I still like Malik's more though, simply because it's Malik, a no-name defenceman. And, what kid hasn't tried to pull off that move at some point in their life, and just made an ass of themselves.

Par moochie is on a distinguished road moochie's Avatar
    I have played hockey for 35 years now up to the tier 2 level. I was a defenceman and scored a total of 12 goals in my entire career. Thus, anyone who can score (in hockey or in life) puts me in awe.

I love Ovechkin as he can score and hits as well. The one goal that I was in awe of more than this was Spezza's against Montreal. Reminded me of when the teenagers used to play against us at the outdoor rink except he is playing against the elite in the world.

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by moochie
    The one goal that I was in awe of more than this was Spezza's against Montreal. Reminded me of when the teenagers used to play against us at the outdoor rink except he is playing against the elite in the world.
    Spezza's goal was great, but since I was at that game, it lost a bit of its luster for me since that was probably the sixth time Spezza tried to dance around a defenceman like that, every other time he was poke checked...try something enough and it's bound to work...

Thread Information