CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daly Planet

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar

Daly Planet

Anyone else think this is going to be one of the finest shows to hit the golf channel? I personally caan't wait to see it.

Also on Tuesday all star big break; should be good.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    When does Daly Planet start?
    thanks
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Wednesday at 10:30 I believe it's part of "Top Shelf Wednesdays". If not Tuesday check to make sure but I"m quite sure it's Wednesday.

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

daly planet

Should be good for some laughter as he is quite the character. Can't wait for it to start, should be better than the Nathalie Gulbis show.
    Claude

lol; watching paint dry is more interesting than the Natalie Gulbis show.

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

Nathalie Gulbis

You're right but I got hooked on the bathing suit show. She might be boring but not too shabby to look at. I would let her teach me golf.
    Claude

Nods; I agree 100%

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dHacka
    Wednesday at 10:30 I believe it's part of "Top Shelf Wednesdays". If not Tuesday check to make sure but I"m quite sure it's Wednesday.
    Thats why I asked you? wed or tues?
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I think i am in the minority that is completely annoyed with Daly. The only reason i think people like him is because he's a mess! I think this show will go longer than the Gulbis show because people love this guy for some reason, but i think its gonna be a flop. I think the more you know about Daly, the less you like him.

I mean the commercial with him talking about smoking was borderline retarded, you can see even Tom Pernice was ignoring him! It might turn out to be funny, but i don't see the content being any better than the Gulbis show.

There is a big reason why most reality shows flop, THEIR LIVES ARE NO BETTER THAN ANYBODY ELSES, NOR ARE THEY ANYMORE INTERESTING!!! (sorry bout the screaming)

Hybrid Timothy.Reeve is on a distinguished road

Wednesday it is

The premiere is this Wednesday, 18 January, at 10:30 on our own dear Golf Channel. It'll be interesting to see what the point of it is.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    For the same reason people love train wrecks, and we turn your heads to watch a decapitated head roll down the highway when an accident has happened......I will watch.

Cheers, Shark
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Watchd a couple of clips from TGC, will definitely tune in, love a good train wreck.
    Daly sure is honest.

Before we call him a train wreck check your best score and what your doing with your life... Not trying to start anything but he's on tour and we're posting our opinions on a golf web forum lol and like fireice said he sure is honest.,. I think he's doing well for himself. The guy has game and he's a character which makes for perfect golf television especially to teh standards of people that watch alot of TGC which is filled with sup par shows ... that is correct but doesn't sound right given this context.

I guess you guys were right; this show was sub par (in a bad way) much like the rest of TGC's programming. I almost turned it off half way through; makes the Gulbis show look like quality programming...

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    I like John Daly because he speaks his mind, and that's a rarity for anyone in the celebrity or political circle. Its refreshing to see someone drink beer, smoke, or whatever they please, instead of packaging themselves for marketing purposes.

Do I think hes a great great guy? No, but I appreciate sincerity. It's rare.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Like i said before, the reason this and the Gulbis show are no good is one reason, THEY ARE NORMAL PEOPLE! He is an average guy, no better or more exciting than us. How many reality shows based on a celebrity can you guys actually think of that are successful?

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I liked the show, i went not expecting too much and i got a half hour of entertaining tv out of it.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

Red face

[quote=dHacka]Before we call him a train wreck check your best score and what your doing with your life... Not trying to start anything but he's on tour and we're posting our opinions on a golf web forum lol and like fireice said he sure is honest.,. I think he's doing well for himself.quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by dHacka
    I guess you guys were right; this show was sub par (in a bad way) much like the rest of TGC's programming. I almost turned it off half way through; makes the Gulbis show look like quality programming...
    I am glad you saw the show the way I did, very subpar, but why does every site have to have someone who stirs the pot.
    We were asked if we were going to watch the show and I said yes he's like a train wreck.
    Yes my scores are usually higher than his, and I am far from the tour, my comments are his behaviours as a human being.As far as what I am doing in my life?

I am not married to someone who used her own family to defraud her own husband, remarkably? he stayed married to her.
    I do not chain smoke 6 packs a day starting at breakfast (he's admitted)
    I do not consume minimum 18 diet cokes a day (he's admitted)
    I do not consume minimum 12 pack of beer a day, as early as 10 am(he's admitted)
    I have never walked off a course (saw him years ago leave his playing companion and just walk off, no talk to partner, tour officials, even walked away from caddy)
    I have never struck a moving ball on purpose, watched him do it 3 times in a row once cuz the hole bugged him.
    He disgusts me. People have alcohol and other problems I admire their fight to overcome.
    But I think alot of people forgot that for a few years on tour he pulled the above shenanigans over and over to a point where David Feherty said the joke was over, clean up, or don't play, the sympathy is gone.

He's a messy pig, with admirable game, and a deft soft touch around green that belies someone of his size.
    He's still a train wreck.
    Cheers, Shark
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    How many reality shows based on a celebrity can you guys actually think of that are successful?
    Uh...none? Good point.

I do agree with Shark though - the guy really is a train wreck and embarrassing, but can you imagine a reality show with someone like, say, David Toms? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I've always been a fan of Daly's but i think this show might just turn me against him!! Last nights episode just made him out to be a whiny, lazy, motivationless fatass who smokes way way too many cigarettes!! It's funny for about five minutes and it quickly wears off.

Um, does Donald Trump count as a celebrity? If John Daly counts, then he does. It's successful.

These shows aren't knockouts mostly because A-list celebrites wouldn't be caught dead doing a reality show.

If you saw the last Daly Planet, youll know now why John Daly is a good guy...regardless of his trainwreck incidents in his life. Anyone who would do that has a good heart.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I still like the show.........I'd rather see JD and than those infomercials! JD seems to be very generous. He's come a long way, I can still picture him quitting a tournament when he had the cold sweaty shakes. Good comeback JD.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information