100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Most Exciting Thing To Happen In Ottawa

Never mind the election mud slinging, the most exciting thing to happen in Ottawa this week was a 2-0 win over the Sens by the Sharks
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I was at the game and it certainly wasn't exciting.

Hasek played well, Nabokov played well, the Sens defence was non-existant and they turned the puck over constantly. Phillips looked dis-interested and Chara played one his worst games in a Sens uniform. San Jose capitalized when they had the chance, but it certainly wasn't a strong game by either team.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Watched it on TV after the kids went to bed. Agree the goalies played great.
    Phillips and Chara also agree, played horribly. San Jose did a great job pressuring the puck, especially on the pp. The Sharks deserved it. Heard on the drive in this morning on the Team1200 that HAsek ripped the team a little saying they have to start winning more of these close games. They're not going to score 5,6,7 goals ever night. Will be interesting to see how they do on this mini-roadtrip.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Never mind the election mud slinging, the most exciting thing to happen in Ottawa this week was a 2-0 win over the Sens by the Sharks
    Ha Ha, I was expecting you to post something. I thought the Sharks played a good game, great goaltending and managed to capitalize on Ottawa's mistakes. Ottawa on the other hand played a so so game. Hasek made some great saves. Not too sure what was up with our defence. Could we have given you anymore odd man rushes. Alfie's assist on the first goal was brutal We have got to start winning some of these close games. The stat I heard recently is Ottawa is 2-13 when scoring 3 goals or less. Not an impressive stat imo. Hopefully rebound tomorrow again Edmonton.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by fireice
    Watched it on TV after the kids went to bed. Agree the goalies played great.
    Phillips and Chara also agree, played horribly. San Jose did a great job pressuring the puck, especially on the pp. The Sharks deserved it. Heard on the drive in this morning on the Team1200 that HAsek ripped the team a little saying they have to start winning more of these close games. They're not going to score 5,6,7 goals ever night. Will be interesting to see how they do on this mini-roadtrip.
    I sure hope he said something, someone better have said something. Like I said, 2-13 is brutal.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Well I was not trying to rub in the fact that the Sharks beat the Sens. It is good for my team, we need all the points we can get. Amazing thing is the Sharks are 8-0 against Eastern Conference teams this season, yet struggle in the west.
    I saw Hasek on TSN this morning and he basically said they need to start winning those low scoring games because that is how it is in the playoffs.
    As for the game being exciting to watch, I could not watch it, it was blacked out in southern Ontario. NHL rules according to Sportsnet.

Of all the Canadian teams I want Ottawa to go deep into the playoffs, better them than the LEAFS!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Hey golfbum
    Your team did do a number on us last night. Shut us down completely in the third not to mention second and first

Must have been the new name, who the heck wants to play in the Scotiabank Center??
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by NoBack
    Hey golfbum
    Your team did do a number on us last night. Shut us down completely in the third not to mention second and first

Must have been the new name, who the heck wants to play in the Scotiabank Center??
    You beat us and didn't even allow a goal. You are allowed to be pleased. I did not feel you were rubbing it in our faces.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBack
    Hey golfbum

Unfortunately we can't blame it on the "Scotiabank Place", the name didn't officially change until today, Friday.

But hey who wanted to play in the Corel Centre when it was changed from Palladium? Just takes some getting used to.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    As for the game being exciting to watch, I could not watch it, it was blacked out in southern Ontario. NHL rules according to Sportsnet.
    Don't worry, even as a Sharks fan you didn't miss much. SJ did a great job shutting down Ottawa early & the game was pretty much sloppy dump & chase from that point on. On the plus side Verada, Eves, & Kelly played well again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    Don't worry, even as a Sharks fan you didn't miss much. SJ did a great job shutting down Ottawa early & the game was pretty much sloppy dump & chase from that point on. On the plus side Verada, Eves, & Kelly played well again.
    It sounded like that, I listened to the game on KFOX 98.5 out of San Jose. I saw the highlights of the game on TSN, Marleau's goal was a beauty.

Now if they can take a bite out of the Habs tomorrow night then it will be a 3-0 Eastern Road trip and ya can't beat that with a stick

Thread Information