CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lob Wedge wrxforsale is on a distinguished road

I just MET TIGER WOODS!

No offence, but the ol nut isn't the only guy who has met Tiger!

Chcek out this pic of me and tiger. Yes, i have put some weight on since this picture was taken.

Attachment 2679

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    LOL, you're looking a little thin there WRX, perhaps you should eat more.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I think this picture is doctored, the shadow on tigers right arm just doesn't look right!! P.S. I like your hat, has a kind of Wicca look.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    I think this picture is doctored, the shadow on tigers right arm just doesn't look right!! P.S. I like your hat, has a kind of Wicca look.
    I think you are wrong, the flesh tones look dead on. Cheers, Shark
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Day before yesterday he was complaining that this was cuel humour http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showpost...3&postcount=18

Have you noticed that his last few threads are all just trying to stir the pot by bringing up old rumours?

Yawn, not too hard to spot that troll.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I was going to post the exact same thing Dan, you can always tell who's a troll.

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxforsale
    No offence, but the ol nut isn't the only guy who has met Tiger!

Chcek out this pic of me and tiger. Yes, i have put some weight on since this picture was taken.

Attachment 2679

LOL

Shagging Balls upanddown is on a distinguished road upanddown's Avatar
    Was Tiger having a bad day? It's like he hardly acknowledged your presence

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank

Day before yesterday he was complaining that this was cuel humour http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showpost...3&postcount=18

Have you noticed that his last few threads are all just trying to stir the pot by bringing up old rumours?

Yep, just read all his previous posts. Big time trolling going on just to stir up the pot.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid Masson
    Yep, just read all his previous posts. Big time trolling going on just to stir up the pot.

Yo Reid, whats your point? Someone has to keep us entertained and you busy!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

8 Iron MrMulligan is on a distinguished road

What do you define as trolling?

Isn't everything that is posted considered trolling? When you post an item you're looking to start conversation n'est-ce pas? I would say that all questions re: clubs to buy, courses to play, etc. are a form of trolling...

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I consider it trolling when you post a question where the intent is not to get an answer to that question, but to start an argument. I'm not saying that's what you're doing here, but that for me is the definition of an internet troll.

The tough thing is it is often impossible to determine the intent of the poster: the moderator will err on the side of caution.

Of course not all of this applies to all trolls, but these are the characteristics by which trolls are known.
    An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. They try to start arguments and upset people. Sometimes they do so by directly antagonizing individuals or groups of people. They will often do so indirectly by reviving topics that are known to be controversial, posting flaimbait topics (religon politics, sexuality) and sometimes stating an outlandish opinion to spark a backlash.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. Indeed, the greater the fuss they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it).

The anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish. They are easily identified by the fact that they are constantly at odds with other members of the forum, and often take shots at individuals they have disagreed with in the past, trying to provoke a reaction.

Finally, trolls create a paranoid environment, such that a casual criticism by a new arrival can elicit a ferocious and inappropriate backlash or ridicule.

When you try to reason with a troll, he wins. When you insult a troll, he wins. When you scream at a troll, he wins. The only thing that trolls can't handle is being ignored.

Hence the tag

8 Iron MrMulligan is on a distinguished road
    Well said Dan - do you work for the government policies division

While I admit there are moments where I post semi-controversial items (i.e OttawaGolfNut with various famous people), I do this to ellicit enjoyment from the various parties viewing the items - not to make OGN leave the forum.

Open forums should allow a certain amount of trolling (as this one does) - we can sometimes be enlightened by the remarks generated and educated as to what people wish or wish not to discuss.

Our national media is a huge purveyor of trolling as exemplified by the political "bash" campaigns that use controversy to spark open valid debate. While we may not agree with what is said we can choose to either respond to trolling with thoughtful and smart answers or ignore what is being said (forgive me if I'm repeating what you have already stated).

I hope that trolling will continue to be a part of these forums - I seem to enjoy the wacky posts that are available here, even moreso during these looooong winter months.

I do not consider a few things here and there trolling at all. Nothing wrong with bringing up the odd "fully covered course" or heated debate, or to poke a bit of fun, but when it's always certain individuals looking for attention...

I do not consider a few things here and there trolling at all. Nothing wrong with bringing up the odd "fully covered course" or heated debate, or to poke a bit of fun, but when it's always certain individuals looking for attention...
    Speaking of which, where's our good friend bucky these days? His ban should be over by now no?

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Was he in trouble?
    While were at it,wheres broken?
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid Masson
    Speaking of which, where's our good friend bucky these days? His ban should be over by now no?
    I think Bucky might be a bit PO'd at some people. He was in yesterday, made a couple of posts.... one of them supporting OGN (which has disappeared) and then left. Haven't seem him in here today.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Actually that's good. Just was curious.

From this point forward bannings will be treated as confidential. I think it is a violation of someone's privacy and I regret having discussed past bannings on the forum. So no more. People come and go

Didn't mean to touch a sore spot. I thought it was pretty common knowledge...

Not a sore spot Reid. That was meant to respond to those who asked about where certain uses are. I did not want to seem evasive, so I wanted to clarify that I can't reply to those questions any more. That's all.

Andru

True, but this was pretty funny.

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    My bad for the posting of the banning, I promise I won't do it again

Bucky will be quiet as he should be back to school...

Good thing not to talk about it. Although we usually notice when someone disappears for a while LOL!

Talk about it is fine. I just won't be confirming speculation.

Okay. Now I get it!

4 Iron snaphooker is on a distinguished road
    I am a frequent reader, but do not post too often. Lately, it seems to me that the tone of this site has been changing. I quite enjoy the topics and it keeps my interest in the game up during the winter. I find it sad that many people are going out of their way to attack and make fun of others. The line that has always been here seems to have gone or atleast moved. There is a line between humour and being mean, and I think that posters should be more aware of this. I know other sites are worse, but that does not make it OK or justify.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Well regardless of whether a line was crossed or not, before all the good natured ribbing took place OGN was given every chance to explain the circumstances of the photo. At first he just didn't respond and then he came out and said he'd to refuse to answer any questions because everyone was making fun of him. Now I don't know about you but I would not be able to shut up about my experience of meeting Tiger Woods, let alone any big name Tour player.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    1000% agree with Geoff.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Thread Information