100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    LobWedge ................. we still have room for a forth

We'll call ours the NCGT grouping

Besides Im pretty sure we could gat at least a few groups from the tour to join in for this event.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Excellent idea. Depending on the date, I'm interested to play. Maybe you should add as a rule that no clubs trading should take place...with so many clubs ho's playing together...

big easy

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big easy
    Excellent idea. Depending on the date, I'm interested to play. Maybe you should add as a rule that no clubs trading should take place...with so many clubs ho's playing together...

big easy
    That would be some wierd-ass tailgate party...

"I'm sorry Geoff, Big Easy, and Reid. That's 2 strokes for each of you for having 42 clubs in your bags. Oh yeah, the course manager says that no, they don't have carts with trailer hitches."
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I know it must be getting annoying having everbody chime in with their 2 cents, but if the point of this thing is to meet new guys from the forum, doesn't it kind of defeat th epurpose if the guys that already know each other make their own teams? You can do that on your own anytime you want. I would like to see everyone just enter as a single and the teams are made up on random, who you get is who you get. There's no PGA tour card at the end of this "Big Break" so it shouldn't matter, no?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Denny, that is not a bad idea. We are getting a little ahead of ourselves here though. Still many more polls to come and that might be one of the questions.

And LobWedge, that was pretty funny. Guess I'll have to bring my own cart and trailer!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Sign me up. I'll play with anyone, any time, in any weather - especially as the old guy on Steve's team. This should be a lot of fun.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    And I'll join as the "young" guy...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Hey seb
    How you doing bud? how are the injuries from your crash? I hope all is healing well.

Have you swung a club yet?

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the thoughts Steve. Happy New Year to you and your NCGT crew.

Not only have I swung the clubs already but I have a few "sunny" rounds already and going back to Florida for a week at the end of the month. But then 6 weeks of rehab after surgery in Feb. but I'll be ready for summer and WILL attend quite a few events this summer.

Other good news is that I'm moving back to Ottawa in 2007...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag
    Other good news is that I'm moving back to Ottawa in 2007...
    :multi :flipswitc :groupwave

Great news for sure seb.

Glad you will be attending mroe events too.

Dan, ya might just that round at Hylands afterall

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I would really love to come to this outing, could somebody give me an idea how far from the border to the U.S. this golf course would be. I'll play with anyone and donate any prizes that I may win to whoever helps to organize this event or at least help pay for their entry fees. It would be nice to put some faces to the people on this forum. thanks, Frank Egan

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Frank, we'd love to have you come up here and join us. As we proceed to plan this a course will be chosen, but almost any course we choose will be in the Ottawa area. So from the border crossing near the 1000 islands (New York crossing, assuming you cross there) you'd be looking at just over an hour or so depending on exactly which course we pick. Keep visiting the forum and details should become more certain as we get closer to the playing season.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    O.K. so we're talking about 6 hours travel time, I can do that!! Did they change the rules on getting into Canada? Do I need a passport? Cause I haven't been up there since I played the whirlpool course in 2000. Thanks for any info. Frank

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Frank,

Here's the place to check it out:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html

It says Passport, proof of who you are, or other travel documents. This should include driver's license and/or birth certificate, but check with Immigration first.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    O.K. so we're talking about 6 hours travel time, I can do that!! Did they change the rules on getting into Canada? Do I need a passport? Cause I haven't been up there since I played the whirlpool course in 2000. Thanks for any info. Frank
    I would prepare for more than 6 hours of travel time from Pittsburgh to Ottawa. Ottawa is about 6 hours from Buffalo and close to 9 hours from Detroit.

PS Just checked with CAA - driving time is 8 1/2 hours through Buffalo, Syracuse and crossing into Canada at 1000 Islands bridge. In case of a line-up at the border I would budget for a 9-hour trip.
    Last edited by el tigre; 01-09-2006 at 12:28 AM.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    You don't need a passport until 2007. Driver's license and birth cert will do.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    Great sounds like lots of fun. Although I won't hold you to having me in your 4 some. You may wish for a more experienced player By the way I like anything in the south end, Manderley, Emerald links, stonebridge, etc etc
    What a sweet way of backing out of an invitation to my foursome! LMAO
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    What a sweet way of backing out of an invitation to my foursome! LMAO
    No, no I am not backing out, I would be more than happy to join you. Just giving you the option

Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    No, no I am not backing out, I would be more than happy to join you. Just giving you the option
    LOL, it sounds like the guys have already decided that we won't be making our own foursomes up anyway! LOL but thats ok, maybe just maybe I can influence them into letting me draw the foursomes!
    Last edited by Indio; 01-09-2006 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    I know it must be getting annoying having everbody chime in with their 2 cents, but if the point of this thing is to meet new guys from the forum, doesn't it kind of defeat th epurpose if the guys that already know each other make their own teams? You can do that on your own anytime you want. I would like to see everyone just enter as a single and the teams are made up on random, who you get is who you get. There's no PGA tour card at the end of this "Big Break" so it shouldn't matter, no?
    It is amazing how far this has been taken just over the weekend! LOL I agree with you, the reason I suggested this was to get to meet the 'people' in here and put some faces and real names to the 'handles'.... but hey, if what most people want is to play with their friends who am I to argue, I would get to meet them after the ecent in their drunken stupor anyway and who knows, maybe I would like them better that way! (the druken stupor I mean!)

I dont think that decision has been made yet by the "committee"

It may work if you get assigned a group, but then it may not, because some people like to play with a familiar face or two in their group. This is one reason people dont always join after they say they will. Heard them all the 20 years of organising tournaments. I have probably organised over 100 tournaments and this is ONE of the most used reasons. "My buddy dropped out and cant go so neither will I"

Your right on the travel time, Now that I mapped it out it will take about 10 hours travel time each way and about 120.00 U.S. fuel for my golfmobile (big brady bunch station wagon). But I will make every effort to make it there which would make everyone that lives a lot closer look like a wuss if they can't make it. I don't expect to shoot par with no sleep so be forwarned if you decide to pick me for your team!! Just elbow me when it's my turn to putt I may be cat napping (Ha,Ha,). I'm not rich so I'll have to start saving now for the Ottawa road trip 2006. Hopefully I'll see you there...
    Last edited by ironmaster15213; 01-09-2006 at 01:19 PM.

Thread Information