CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Mike29

Angry Improper footing

Hey, I have a problem with footing that doesn't seem too complicated, yet I can't find a solution for it. My footing becomes very improper on certain shots. It's kind of hard to explain, but basically, my feet are not always parallel to each other, which causes me to always aim off target. I make solid contact with the ball most of the time, but I always miss to one side (usually the right). Does anyone know of any drills or tips that may correct this problem. Thanks.

Hybrid Chris is on a distinguished road Chris's Avatar

Alignment?

I'm not sure if this is the problem or not but this sounds like an alignment problem.

I'm no instructor, but perhaps Colin will back me on this, as well have his own tips/drills for you.

A quick check to ensure that you are pointing down the target line is once you are set up over the ball, place your club shaft evenly across your knees/thighs, (ensure it's parallel with the ground), then look to where the club is pointing. It should be pointing at your target. If it's not, then make the necessary adjustments in your alignment.
    Last edited by Chris; 08-21-2002 at 02:09 PM.

Thread Information