100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Iron priorlad is on a distinguished road

Arnprior Golf Course Memberships

In an effort to attract new, younger members to their course, Arnprior Golf Club has announced that in 2006, the children of full members will be able to play for free. Great deal for those struggling to make ends meet. They also offer an attractive Intermediate membership, with full playing privileges for those under the age of 30. I believe that the annual rate is approximately $700 for this category, and no share or initiation fees required. Please feel free to contact the club at 613-623-3314 for further membership details.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Wow. Children, meaning under 18?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Was a member at Moutain Creek last year, but for the more than $100 in savings I might consider a switch to Arnprior. Thanks for the info, will call the course soon.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Having not played there, how does this course compare to Moutain Creek?
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Very similar with some open holes, small greens, but you don't have to be constantly on the look out for balls. Each hole is more secluded from each other. Don't have alot of the back to back holes.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I played both courses this year (Mountain Creek for the 1st time) and I would say MC was in better condition this past year. Arnprior is an older, more established course with some memorable holes, mature trees, some spectacular views, and at that price is a real bargain. If both courses greens and fairways were =, I'd prefer Arnprior. Looks like its a price war for the Arnprior-area golfer!

I heard the same things about conditions this year, but hoping it will be better for 06. Will have to do some serious thinking over the next couple of weeks.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RLaw
    Having not played there, how does this course compare to Moutain Creek?
    With all due respect to MC & it's members, to me there's no comparison. Arnprior is the better of the two courses hands down.

Shivas, I wouldn't disagree with you, but when it came to cost there was no competition. MC won for me. But with this new news, I will be considering a change. But I must say the members at MC are great people. Met some wonderful people and that in itself is a strong selling point to me.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Yup, it's all about value for sure Geoff.
    Is this wonderful phenomenon happening elsewhhere? I remember reading an article in Golf Digest about many of the high-end courses in the US cutting their initiation fees in half and some getting rid of initiation fees altogether.
    Could supply have outstripped demand for golf courses?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Shivas, I wouldn't disagree with you, but when it came to cost there was no competition. MC won for me. But with this new news, I will be considering a change. But I must say the members at MC are great people. Met some wonderful people and that in itself is a strong selling point to me.
    You also might want to consider that Arnprior has a new manager who knows what he is doing, and is likely to have a hand in turning the Arnprior Golf Club back into a first rate facility.

I have a lot of golfing friends from there and you will have no difficulty finding good people to play with. Seriously consider it.

I agree with BC, Geoff. Especially that you can get in with no share or initiation, you're getting membership at a very good course for less than half of what it cost me to join Renfrew in 2001.

Thanks for the info guys. Will probably call the course today to discuss. Will strongly consider it.

Manager's telephone # 613-623-3234

Sorry, but I posted the proshop tel# earlier. You should call 623-3234 and leave a message for the manager if interested in obtaining more membership details.

On a further note, conditions suffered in the extreme heat of last summer. However, in the almost 40 years that I've played at Arnprior, I have never seen better fall conditions! The fairways, tees, bunkers, rough and yes, even the greens were tremendous in September and October.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I'm praying for a much less humid summer this year.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by priorlad
    On a further note, conditions suffered in the extreme heat of last summer. However, in the almost 40 years that I've played at Arnprior, I have never seen better fall conditions! The fairways, tees, bunkers, rough and yes, even the greens were tremendous in September and October.
    Glad to see that the course conditions improved in the fall and with snow at grass level now, instead of ice, there is an excellent chance that you will begin '06, in very good shape.

The hot, humid summer weather leaves golf courses very susceptible to fungus damage(pithium in particular, I understand) and if the management is not searching for this possibility on a daily basis, you can lose the affected part in a matter of hours as this stuff has to be treated immediately. Expensive, yes, but, you'll lose the course if you don't spray.

You folks at Arnprior have put up with some difficulties in the last few years and it is great to hear things are looking up.

Your comments about course conditions are my concern BCMIST, and the only thing holding me back from joining there. I played the course a couple of times a few years back and really enjoyed it. But the rumours about course conditions kept me away this year. I'll have to talk with the manager about what groundkeeping plans they have for 06. I find the course more challenging than Mountain Creek so it could only make my game better. And we all want that now don't we?

Important Update For This Thread!

I posted the original at work today, and erred. I found my membership invoice at home, and the Intermediate (under age 30 as of Dec.31, 2006) membership is $500.00 + taxes. Even a better deal!

Junior and Juvenile (over ten years old, under 18 as of December 31,2006) free with adult member.

Well that seals it, regardless of conditions I think I found out where I will be joining this year. And if the date limitations are correct I could probably get two years out of it. Don't turn 30 until March 07. So that is one fantastic deal. Thanks for the info priorlad.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    It says $770 including GST on their website. Maybe $500 was an early bird rate? http://www.arnpriorgolfclub.com/fees.htm

Their website has not been updated for 2006. If you read carefully, you'll note that it states that those are the 2005 rates.

I will attempt to put the current year prices below. Prices do not include gst or pst.

Shareholder Rates (must purchase a $500 share):

Adult: $950.00
    Couple: $1700.00
    Social: $50.00

Associate Rates (no share required)

Adult: $1150.00
    Couple: $2100.00
    Student: $400.00 (enrolled in PostSecondary school)
    Intermediate: $500.00
    Junior: $200.00 (must be between 16 - 18 years of age as of Dec.31, 2006)
    Juvenile: $150.00 (must be over 10 - under 16 as of Dec.31, 2006)
    Junior and/or Juvenile with Adult: FREE
    Social: $75.00

There were some small incentives for shareholders to pay their membership dues prior to January 1, 2006.

Thread Information