100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Game Improvement 'gimmics'

Who amongst us golf fanatics(ettes) believe in or have even ordered any of the plethora of golf gimmics that are out on the market today? I was watching TGC last night and I think I saw 15 different products or videos advertised that guaranteed to improve your game by as much as 15 strokes!

I probably should have done this as a 'poll' but I am to lazy and besides, I like to read the great comments! you folks post!

Enquiring mind(s) want to know!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    All I can say is POW!

POW!

POW!
    POW!

POW!

Now there's a club that will improve your game (NOT)!

Quote Originally Posted by TA 845
    All I can say is POW! POW! POW! POW!POW!
    Now there's a club that will improve your game (NOT)!
    BUT TA, VJ says it is the best travel club in his bag! How can you not believe him???? After all, he only gets a million for endorsing it and that is pocket change for him, so it must be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    BUT TA, VJ says it is the best travel club in his bag! How can you not believe him???? After all, he only gets a million for endorsing it and that is pocket change for him, so it must be true!
    Indio, I don't think we are talking the same club, the X-Plosion created by 6 time "world" champion Jack "POW" Hamm

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The silliest product hawked to golfers (and others) is the QRay bracelet. Put it on and it makes all your aches and pains go away, and you suddenly feel just great!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    The silliest product hawked to golfers (and others) is the QRay bracelet. Put it on and it makes all your aches and pains go away, and you suddenly feel just great!
    You think a bracelet is silly, my wife was convinced these magnetic insoles would make me feel great, she paid $100 for them (against my wishes) so I had to use them (for a week) made me feel sick to my stomach - coincidence? So that was then end of that, could have had 2 extra rounds for those damn things!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Now there's a q-ray pendant! Whats next? A q-ray suppository? I am afraid that there are a lot of us out there with disposable $ just waiting to be had.

What about the supplements? Isn't there a golfer's energy bar to eat between nines?

I should market a blindfold for golfers: just slip the blindfold on and take your normal practice swing, and immediately you'll feel the proper swing plane develop. Only 19.95$ Order now and receive free golfer's earplugs. A $60 value yours free! And if it doesn't work, just put them on when the infomercials come on.

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    Dan;

The qray does work; I got it before I even played golf my aunt gave it to me; i lost it and my wrist / hand pain came back so I actually bought another one; it works! Atleast for me it does I stand by it. It doesn't make you feel just great but it does decrease the aches.

Caddy Law is on a distinguished road Law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dHacka
    Dan;

The qray does work; I got it before I even played golf my aunt gave it to me; i lost it and my wrist / hand pain came back so I actually bought another one; it works! Atleast for me it does I stand by it. It doesn't make you feel just great but it does decrease the aches.
    This must be a first, some positive feedback regarding a product that you can purchase to improve your game. WOW!
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

The experts disagree...

Study Concludes No Difference Between Ionized Bracelet and Placebo for Musculoskeletal Pain Relief
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/news2002-rst/1528.html

Marketers of Q-Ray Ionized Bracelet Charged by FTC
    http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2003/06/qtinc.htm

I think they've launched the q-ray pendant to side-step the temporary restraining order.

I am pretty sure I saw Charles Howell III sporting one in their ad.

Well, it's not really a game improvement item, how about some others?

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dHacka
    Dan;

From the study link that Dan posted:

The study authors say that although their goal was not to assess the effectiveness of placebos, their results did support the benefit of placebos in the treatment of pain.

Of course now that Dan has ruined the Q-Ray "placebo effect" for you, you'll have to find another one to relieve your wrist/hand pain! Or you could just try large quantities of drugs - always worked for me!
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Sorry 'bout that. It's played on a 6 inch course between the ears.
    I wonder if the club ho's and putter pimps are listening.

Whatever happened to TM's Bubble shafts?

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I have at least 3 friends (idiots) who bought the Inside Approach. All of them are still in the box.
    My favorite is the Momentus. Supposed to give you a nice even tempo. Damaging your back swinging a 30 pound club will indeed accomplish that...

This was mentioned awhile back, the F2 wedges. Do you suck at chipping? Pick up these newly designed wedges and kiss your troubled chip shots goodbye. I never realized that simply switching wedges would correct fat and skulled shots.
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

gimmicks

I wounder if anyone bought that new glove by Rick Smith who's suppose to help you with the hinging of your wrist.
    Claude

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Save strokes

OK, so if I get this right, I get the inside approach, save 5 strokes, then I use my putting tracker, save another 4 strokes, of course swing my medicus to save another 5, now I am ready for the speed stick which gives me another 3 strokes, put on Rick Smith's glove for another 2. Hell, I am ready for the Tour shooting in the 60s and I shoot in the 80s. I never knew it would be so easy.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas
    OK, so if I get this right, I get the inside approach, save 5 strokes, then I use my putting tracker, save another 4 strokes, of course swing my medicus to save another 5, now I am ready for the speed stick which gives me another 3 strokes, put on Rick Smith's glove for another 2. Hell, I am ready for the Tour shooting in the 60s and I shoot in the 80s. I never knew it would be so easy.

All that and you're not even using all the products available on the market. I bet you could go even lower
    Rich

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    I would have said the same thing but I can't now. Several years ago, I had problem in my hands and wrists. I would wake up in the morning and could not move them at all. It would take 20 minutes of pain to get my fingers working. My freind suggested I get one of these bracelets. It was a Qray from Fitness Depot. Anyway, after wearing it one day, the pain was COMPLETELY gone. I can't explain it. I am not a believer in any kind of weird unexplainable phenomenom but it worked for me. I ended up wearing it for a couple of years and haven't had a problem since then.
    I still have it, just in case.
    SH

Sir Post-a-lot dH is on a distinguished road dH's Avatar
    I can feel my wrist hurting again!! I need another placebo ... and quick!

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    My father was having a lot of problems with stiffness and pain in his hands. He bought some type of copper braclet and he claims it helped him.

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    The only thing I have bought that was advertized on there is the Momentus, and I like that
    There are a lot of pros that use that magnetic bracelet, so I guess they think it works.
    But some of those ads are soooo annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by TA 845
    Indio, I don't think we are talking the same club, the X-Plosion created by 6 time "world" champion Jack "POW" Hamm
    Whoops, no were not, how embaressing! I guess they all star sounding alike after a while! ROFLMAO.....

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    I lie, another one I got was the videos of AJ's Truth about golf. Thought they were just o.k.

Oh darn, I better cancel that order

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    I should market a blindfold for golfers: just slip the blindfold on and take your normal practice swing, and immediately you'll feel the proper swing plane develop. Only 19.95$ Order now and receive free golfer's earplugs. A $60 value yours free! And if it doesn't work, just put them on when the infomercials come on.

Well, where do we order and is that CDN or US $$$

Quote Originally Posted by RLaw
    This must be a first, some positive feedback regarding a product that you can purchase to improve your game. WOW!

Tsk Tsk Tsk.... false advertising, he did not say it improved his game, he said it improved the aches and pains!

I bought a wal-mart "swing trainer" last year. It resembles a solid steel shower head at the end of short bent shaft. I only swung it a few times, but for $10 (or whatever it was) it is the ideal home defense weapon.

Thread Information