100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron Bull147 is on a distinguished road

Another reason to shop at Chuck's

My wife & daughters got me a Tour Edge Bazooka driver and 3-wood, along with a J-Max Ironwood for Christmas, at the Bells Corners Chuck Brown closeout. No headcovers were included, so I asked while at Golf Town last week, and was told that the covers were only available from Tour Edge. Business took me near the Chuck Brown's Somerset location, so I popped in and gave my story. They had the covers there, but would not accept any money for them! Once again, they reaffirmed why I shop there and not the big box place.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull147
    My wife & daughters got me a Tour Edge Bazooka driver and 3-wood, along with a J-Max Ironwood for Christmas, at the Bells Corners Chuck Brown closeout. No headcovers were included, so I asked while at Golf Town last week, and was told that the covers were only available from Tour Edge. Business took me near the Chuck Brown's Somerset location, so I popped in and gave my story. They had the covers there, but would not accept any money for them! Once again, they reaffirmed why I shop there and not the big box place.
    So Let me get this straight.

Your family bought you the clubs from Chuck Browns. You went to Golftown to find out of you could buy the headcovers. They obviously don't have them and directed you to buy them from Tour Edge. You declined.

Then you went to Chuck Browns. Told them you bought the clubs from Chuck Browns and they didn't come with headcovers and they gave you a set of head covers that were lying around for free.

I have to admit I outfitted quite a few friends with stuff from that close out sale. The sales people were really nice too. However, I'm still unclear what GT should have done to make you happy. Give you a set of headcovers for the clubs you bought at CB's?

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    To me it sounds like the Chuck's where the clubs were bought from, should have gotten you the headcovers from the other store. Headcovers are always included with the club, just seems like you got for free what your wife already paid for! But it was nice for them to do it after the fact!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Gee I'd have thought that clearance items were "as is" Good on them for providing you with free headcovers.

I also didn't think he was critisizing GW, just menttioning that he wanted to buy, but they did not have them.

Putter LeShanker is on a distinguished road LeShanker's Avatar
    hola,

Iwas looking in the BC store during that sale, looking at a certain wood that they did not have a cover for. Ultimately I did not buy it, BUT (the point of the post here) I know they had no problem sending me downtown to just grab one there.

[ Also, FWIW, I never used the BC store until the big sale, I liked the service. I DID use the downtown store a few times, got poor service weeknights from the kids who worked there, and went elsewhere. ]
    [I]"It's not a gimme if you're still away."[/I]

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I purchased a couple of putters from Chuck Brown(BC) closing sale and they include a head cover from another company. They never mentioned about going to the other store to get the correct head cover. I never asked...I guess I was just happy to get any type of head cover.

Thread Information