100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I don't know about that. I think with the differnce in flex points and tourque each shaft does have the potential to give you more distance once you find the right one for you. I had the same driver with a Graphite Design 6+, Aildlia NV, Fuji Speeder and now an Accra Tour, why am I getting more distance and accuracy with the accra than with any of the others if no one shaft can make you hit any further? You still have to put a good swing on the ball don't get me wrong but each shaft with its flexing properties will give you different distance and accuracy, I've seen first hand. As for the projext X's, yes there is marketing hype, but these shafts are not on every commercial yet many tour players and amateurs play them. Their technology is very different and they have been an industry leader in the whole FM thing IMO, that's why I am surprised that these shafts would not be as well, wait and see.........

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    I wouldn't put TT Dynamic golds in the same category as the Porject X's! Maybe the Tour Concepts would be a better comparison, but either way for a company that has made such a big deal about FM their shafts I still find it hard to believe that they wouldn't do it on the project X's. Like I said, I have sent an email to them directly and should have a confirmed answer this week..........
    Check out www.bombsquadgolf.com/clubmaker and search "Project X " please .

Some people actually do some research before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider
    Check out www.bombsquadgolf.com/clubmaker and search "Project X " please .

Listen Buds,
    I don't think your smartass remark was really necessary. I did say you may be right and I did do some research, I am awaiting for the response from Royal Precision who's opinion I will take into consideration before an "expert" such as youself. If you are right, then your right. Either way I well be surprised that they don't do FM for those shafts considering the price tag on them. Just because you typed something into Google doesn't make you an expert on shafts or an advance expert in research analysis. Any idiot with an internet connection can do that kind of research as clearly shown.

Listen Buds,
    I don't think you smartass remark was really necessary. I did say you may be right and I did do some research, I am awaiting for the response from Royal Precision who's opinion I will take into consideration before an "expert" such as youself. If you are right, then your right. Either way I well be surprised that they don't do FM for those shafts considering the price tag on them. Just because you typed something into Google doesn't make you an expert on shafts or an advance expert in research analysis. Any idiot with an internet connection can do taht kind of research as clearly shown.

P.S I did check out that site but you have to be a member and as far I can tell it looks like another discussion forum like this one. Although I am sure there many knowledgable guys on there, I wouldn't take anything on any forum as concreate info. Lets see what Royal Precision has to say about the topic.

OH No!
    It looks like I have pushed a button ! It's not like me to be a sht. disturber. I apoligize .I gave you the link to the bombsquad site as a head up to what you would be getting from RP. that's it ! This is a highly regarded clubmakers site along with the PCS site. this topic is discussed in detail there ,and my time is much more valuable than to sit in front of this monitor and give you the highlights !Your resorting to name calling is very inapropriate and I take offence to it.! For your information, I am a Class "A" certified Clubmaker with 9 years of experience. Part of my job as a Class "A" is stay on top issues involving golf equipment.

Regards

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    OH No!
    It looks like I have pushed a button ! It's not like me to be a sht. disturber. I apoligize .I gave you the link to the bombsquad site as a head up to what you would be getting from RP. that's it ! This is a highly regarded clubmakers site along with the PCS site. this topic is discussed in detail there ,and my time is much more valuable than to sit in front of this monitor and give you the highlights !Your resorting to name calling is very inapropriate and I take offence to it.! For your information, I am a Class "A" certified Clubmaker with 9 years of experience. Part of my job as a Class "A" is stay on top issues involving golf equipment.

Regards
    2 things.
    1) Would your first name happen to be Les?
    2)What happened to the professor who started this thread
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Need a Caddy rockford35 is on a distinguished road rockford35's Avatar
    Not to be a dink, but the Project X shafts are NOW Frequency Matched. It even says so on their website.

"Designed by America's leading manufacturer or premium steel shafts - Rifle Project X steel shafts combine four advanced technologies to produce unparalleled steel shaft innovation. Frequency Matching perfectly matches a set of Project X clubs through electronic calibration, and Stepless Design Technology eliminates energy robbing 'steps' and provides greater accuracy and a smooth, yet solid, feel at impact. Flighted Technology also produces variable ball trajectories for different clubs within a single set. And, just like all Rifle branded shafts, Project X shafts feature Rifle's patented Internal 'Rifling' which effecitively transfers energy reduces vibration and increases distance."

I dunno, seems pretty clear to me.

If anyone needs clarity on this, PM me and I'll send you the PDF from the Royal Precision Royal Treatment section.

R35
    "Put me down for a 4..."

This is not a comment that a nice guy just trying to give someone the heads up writes nor is it a professional comment of someone who claims to be a professional. I wasn't hostile towards you until provoked, I actually admitted that I didn't know but was doubtful of your claim, hence the email to PR. Looks like someone has already found the information on their site which proves my doubts were just. It just doesn't make sense that a company known for FM of their shafts would just not do it on their top of the line shaft. Professionals like yourself are a valued asset to this site and to guys like me who aren't experts on club making, but next time why not just state the facts you know and not go out of your way to try and make me look stupid, specially if you end up being wrong. Makes it a little easier to swallow.
    Last edited by dbleber; 01-26-2006 at 03:18 PM.

RP email response

Hey Buddy ! How's it going !

I,m still waiting to see the response you got from RP. Is there a problem ?

Nope just haven't received a response. I think you have a bit of an obsession going on here or an ego trip. If you are right then you are right, I will let you know when they tell me. I have stated from the start that I don't know, but that I was surprised that they wouldn't be. I find it funny that I haven't disagreed with you but because I wasn't willing to agree with you blindly and feed into your ego as the shaft guru, you seem to think this is a great debate or battle of club maker’s knowledge. I am not a club maker, but I do understand the value of reliable information and just because you tell me something doesn't mean I will believe you since you haven't offered any documentation besides another forum website where I am sure there are 1000's of others who believe they are right about everything.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Truce You 2
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Pitching Wedge clubfixer is on a distinguished road clubfixer's Avatar
    Can you guys spend some of that extra energy and lend me your expertise on shafts and help me out with the Titleist 983 reshaft post I made?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Play it as it lies...[/COLOR][/FONT]

As I stated before I would post the info received from RP once I got it and here it is:

Project X is not a frequency matched shaft, but a weight sorted shaft. It will however hold a tight tolerance and the weight will be +/-3g. All Rifle shaft are frequency matched, however PX is not because of the manufacturing process.
    Thanks,
    Chris

It looks like downhillslider was right (although his approach was less then desirable or professional). I am still really surprised at the results but it looks like it has something to do with the way the shaft is manufactured, but that seems weird to me. I am not a club maker and have no idea how they make these shafts but quite shocked to see that their top shaft would not be FM'd. Either way there you go............

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    I had the same driver with a Graphite Design 6+, Aildlia NV, Fuji Speeder and now an Accra Tour, why am I getting more distance and accuracy with the accra than with any of the others if no one shaft can make you hit any further? You still have to put a good swing on the ball don't get me wrong but each shaft with its flexing properties will give you different distance and accuracy, I've seen first hand.
    For all of us there is a golf shaft that will maximize both our distance and accuracy. The challenge is how to find it. The shaft weight, torque, frequency profile, etc., all have to match our individual swing characteristics. In using the Accra you have found the shaft that works best for you and I hope that you were able to get a record of all these characteristics, particularly the weight and flex profile, in order to replace the ACCRA if need be.

The other shafts you mentioned are all good shafts, but not for you. Because they were not suitable, you lost distance and accuracy with them, rather than having gained because of the ACCRA - a subtle difference. However, those same shafts may increase someone else's distance and accuracy, because their swings are different and therfore their shaft needs are different, too.

Interestingly, I put an Accuflex Evolution into the driver of a friend who immediately gained 4 to 5 mph. He has a fast swing with tremendous lag. I use the same shaft but may have lost a mph or so complared to my VS339, but have gained in accuracy. The Evolution has a very, very stiff tip section, but is soft enough elsewhere to still get the ball up in the air. So many shafts; so little money.

Well said BC, I agree 100%! The shaft is an amazing thing in the whole club concept, I was amazed at the difference a shaft could make with the same driver head. Finding the right shaft combo is a very under-rated in club purchasing IMO, but it seems to be changing a bit. Even OEM's are starting to ffer more shafts and improving on the fitting sessions.

Thread Information