100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar

Scotty Cameron Custom Shop

For any of you Scotty collectors or if you have an old one that you want fixed up. Scotty now has a custom/restoration shop that you can send you putter and have stuff done.

http://www.scottycameron.com/customization/default.asp

Out of Bounds buckylasek is on a distinguished road buckylasek's Avatar
    Yes , a friend sent his old Tei3 and they made a great job. He put a lime grip and a new lime headcover. He also got a special stamp on it.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

Helpful advice needed

Does anyone have any info on the Titleist refinish process/cost for a scotty putter?
    After posting a thread about the high $ of scotty cameron putters................... I bought one. Its called 'Caliente' spanish for shark whipping.
    Unfortunately no head cover, hopefully a cheap one on ebay.

I am not interested in going the scotty studio restoration, its just too much money for me, but would like to know if the titleist is cheaper.

Too bad they are not like some manufacturers that would refinish for nothing. At Callaway fitting they told me if you ever need a adjustment of lie again, refinish etc just send it to them, done at no cost.
    Cheers for anyone who can help?
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i didn't know there was a difference between Scotty restoration and Titliest restoration for putters. I believe it costs about $110US for a putter restoration.

PM me if you want to get it done somewhere else. I have gotten a bunch done and can give you some websites.

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    i didn't know there was a difference between Scotty restoration and Titliest restoration for putters. I believe it costs about $110US for a putter restoration.

PM me if you want to get it done somewhere else. I have gotten a bunch done and can give you some websites.
    I may take you up on that, thank you. I do want to first ensure what my options are through titleist.
    On this site, and the sister Toronto site, I have heard several members post comments on the differences between a 'refinish' which is offered through Titleist, and a 'restoration' which is offered through Scotty Cameron Studios.
    I have not had a reply to my emails to Titleist (not great cust svc) so I am unable anywhere to find mention of this alternative.

One post said that the refinish is good through Titleist, and price reasonable, but nothing compared to the studio. It is that refinish I want to explore.

I haven't quite bought into the scotty hype, some prices are crazy, but in my case picked up a reasonably inexpensive used model, and was only interested in maybe ensuring the face (its being shipped, not sure of condition) was milled well, and any obvious scratches buffed out.

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Sure no problem, check out the sites:

putterplating.com
    tomslighter.com

they both refinish Cammy's and do several different finishes as well as extras that Scotty won't do.

I have worked with both companies and can't say anything but praise for each of their work.

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    Sure no problem, check out the sites:

putterplating.com
    tomslighter.com

they both refinish Cammy's and do several different finishes as well as extras that Scotty won't do.

I have worked with both companies and can't say anything but praise for each of their work.
    Thank you!

Thread Information