100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is it just me?

Uber Poster little brit is on a distinguished road little brit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    Why would anyone be intimidated by machoism? Sure am glad you weighed in on this little one err I mean Brit
    Ha ha, ok my reply was lazy. I do enjoy reading all the banter on the forum, but I do agree that it feels fairly cliquey and prefer mostly to stay on the outlines. I have become addicted like a lot of you gents out there, and guess what? I can use a computer too. Although my hubby probably wouldn't agree

Out of Bounds buckylasek is on a distinguished road buckylasek's Avatar
    When i see my mother using a computer, she takes an hour to write the link, and instead of using enter, she takes the mouse to click on OK button. She's really slow at using a computer, but my father is the same. I think it's more about your age than gender.

4Iron
    You're right bucky, my parents are not computer literate at all! I think it is more of a matter of whether you have had a need to utilize office equipment. Although, I must admit, many older generation people put the likes of me to shame when it comes to computing. BTW I can REALLY cook too! But prefer when a man does it.

Yes I believe it is exposure. I am pretty decent on the computer because my husband has been in the industry for all of his career and my son is a really good programmer, otherwise probably wouldn't have. My father-in-law is 90 years old and is very good on it. Where my parents take 10 mins to find a key, but they live across the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by little brit
    Where my parents take 10 mins to find a key, but they live across the pond.
    Is that an insult for European people? Or maybe you were talking about Asia I hope for you because people can use new technologies as well as others . The only thing i don't like to see here on the course is old people, i mean over 65, because they don't have the same culture than us, and they consider young people like bad people. They insult you on the course , and play realy slowly. They always complain about you when you ask them to go faster, don't think it's the same in America.

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by buckylasek
    Is that an insult for European people? Or maybe you were talking about Asia I hope for you because people can use new technologies as well as others . The only thing i don't like to see here on the course is old people, i mean over 65, because they don't have the same culture than us, and they consider young people like bad people. They insult you on the course , and play realy slowly. They always complain about you when you ask them to go faster, don't think it's the same in America.
    Ok, im weighing in. When were all older, were going to find the same difficulty learning how to use the new virtual reality communication system, or the new levitating car, or whatever...and yes, when I'm older, I'm going to take my time doing every thing and anything...you know why? Cause I've paid my dues. Any one younger can kiss my ass.

Every time I've golfed, and found it slow, its 100% of the time due to bad habits (like doing the score on the green, waiting to even go to your ball til your partners have hit, etc. etc., weve ranted before), and almost 100% of the time, older people are faster cause they never go into the woods...I have zero problem with seniors, 100% problem with ignorance.

The younger you are, the slower EVERYTHING seems....get used to it. Look around, smell the roses, enjoy the view...but quit complaining. You'll be old before you know it. This was not intended to be a slam against you bucky, because you seem like a nice guy...just my own perspective.

Yes but it was about europe, some people still play because they want to "have a walk in the nature". They just come with their Porsche and ferrari and don't respect anything, i don't doubt people aren't the same overseas, just obvious mentalities aren't the same here, golf is still considered as a sport for the elite, and is only 7 th in number of members in the French Golf association.

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Oh ok. Well to heck with those old farts then.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Agreed. I'm a so-so golfer, but a good cook!
    Colby, I think we need to start a 'bi-athalon' for golf and cooking! The ladies would beat the crap out of us on the course but we could overwhelm them with a great meal!

Ha ha, ok my reply was lazy. I do enjoy reading all the banter on the forum, but I do agree that it feels fairly cliquey and prefer mostly to stay on the outlines. I have become addicted like a lot of you gents out there, and guess what? I can use a computer too. Although my hubby probably wouldn't agree
    Yo Brit.... join in on the apparent clic..... I am relatively new in here as well and don't know a soul in here..... just add to the banter and as I am sure you some, some take the bait hook line an sinker.... not that i do any myself of course

Hell, hubbies never agree, thats why we were put on this earth.... to keep you ladies on your toes!

Indio

Quote Originally Posted by 4Iron
    . BTW I can REALLY cook too! But prefer when a man does it.
    4Iron,

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Most women prefer a man doing it I think

Indio

Yes I believe it is exposure. I am pretty decent on the computer because my husband has been in the industry for all of his career and my son is a really good programmer, otherwise probably wouldn't have. My father-in-law is 90 years old and is very good on it. Where my parents take 10 mins to find a key, but they live across the pond.

DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the little bad guy inside me is trying to take over my keyboard!!!

(thinking PG - PG - PG - PG) ROFLMAO

Oh little Brit, please do not give me lines like that to play with or you will get me suspended by Uncle Dan and your hubbie will be looking for me with a gun! ...

Indio

Quote Originally Posted by buckylasek
    No absolutely no insult meant. I just meant that because they live a long way from my family of computer nerds they don't get the exposure that the parents on this side do.

Ok no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the little bad guy inside me is trying to take over my keyboard!!!

(thinking PG - PG - PG - PG) ROFLMAO

Oh little Brit, please do not give me lines like that to play with or you will get me suspended by Uncle Dan and your hubbie will be looking for me with a gun! ...

Indio
    Oh Indio, Indio, What are you talking about???? are you being naughty??

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Does unwrapping and putting something in the microwave classify you as a good cook? If so, then I too am a good cook!
    It depends how well you unwrap it.... damned melted plastic wrap get caught in the throat!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Oh Indio, Indio, What are you talking about???? are you being naughty??

now little Brit why ever would you think I was being 'naughty' Santa wouldn't like that at all...

Hmm, come to think of it, he was good but not great to me this year so maybe I was 'just a little'

Oh well, who needs presents anyway!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thread Information