100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Is it just me?

My wife made an interesting observation about the forum last night..... She said 'There seem to be very few female members in that forum you are always in, how come?' Since I am somewhat smarter than I look and I needed a quick response that would keep me out of the dog house, I said 'gee, I never noticed but you seem to be right, I guess unlike me, most women have a life honey' !

Is it just our perception, or are there very few vocal ladies in here?

Indio

Indio

Out of Bounds buckylasek is on a distinguished road buckylasek's Avatar
    I don't think there are active ladies here, maybe on cosmetics.com or soemthing like that, each gender has his occupations..

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    The internet forum member is a curious beast indeed. I don't know why I feel the need to throw my opinion out there all the time, its a compulsion, I guess.

Its funny because a stereotypically female behaviour (communicating) yet it seems to be dominated by men. I guess my internet forum experience is limited to Golf, mixed martial arts and basketball, which are more popular with men than with women. I'm sure if you check out soap opera (or "daytime drama") forums, they'd be overrun with ladies. Is that a sexist statement I just made?

Quote Originally Posted by buckylasek
    I don't think there are active ladies here, maybe on cosmetics.com or soemthing like that, each gender has his occupations..
    Excuse me while I leave here and head for the local underground bunker!

Yup, definitely young and single !

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    Is that a sexist statement I just made?
    We will find out soon enough.... ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Indio
    Excuse me while I leave here and head for the local underground bunker!

Yup, definitely young and single !
    Not single sorry.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    I'm sure if you check out soap opera (or "daytime drama") forums, they'd be overrun with ladies. Is that a sexist statement I just made?
    It may be sexist, but it also may be true. Watch the commercials during soap opera's and then during golf, demographically, that will give a pretty good idea of who's watching what.
    There probably aren't as many posts by ladies because there are not as many female golfers as there are male.
    Out of curiosity, what is the % of females on the OG tour?

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I can think of two, Bailey and I believe the username is "newgolfmatron". I think "little brit" (?username) might be female. But that is all I can think of for now. So 5 out of 1958 members is not a very high percentage (0.255%) to be exact. Does anyone know of any other female forum members?

Calculations changed accordingly! Thanks Dan.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 12-20-2005 at 11:41 AM.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    There's also Agent99. They are definately in the minority, and post less frequently than the men. There are a lot of men who don't post often either, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    There's also Agent99. They are definately in the minority, and post less frequently than the men. There are a lot of men who don't post often either, so who knows?
    This is all quite interesting since there are alot of women golfers around the Ottawa area. Our club is made up of almost a 50% ratio of men to women..... 580 members....

Maybe the ladies let their clubs do the talking while our mouths flap in the wind ove the 60 foot put we made!

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    My wife made an interesting observation about the forum last night..... She said 'There seem to be very few female members in that forum you are always in, how come?' Since I am somewhat smarter than I look and I needed a quick response that would keep me out of the dog house, I said 'gee, I never noticed but you seem to be right, I guess unlike me, most women have a life honey' !
    Good answer!! ... and probably pretty close to the truth!

While I've met many women who play and enjoy golf, there are very, very few who become as TOTALLY ADDICTED to the game as a lot of the regulars on this forum (myself included, obviously). Let's face it - it is a week before Christmas and there's 6 feet of snow on the ground and yet I still have to check out several golf forum several times EVERY DAY to talk about golf. Am I crazy or what??
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    Let's face it - it is a week before Christmas and there's 6 feet of snow on the ground and yet I still have to check out several golf forum several times EVERY DAY to talk about golf. Am I crazy or what??
    Good point, my wife is an absolute fanatic goler and golfers more than I do in the summer but once she brings her electric caddy and clubs back to the house for winter storage, she doesn't even want to discuss golf anymore.....

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Is it just our perception, or are there very few vocal ladies in here?
    They'd have to figure out how to actually turn on the computer...

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Masson
    They'd have to figure out how to actually turn on the computer...
    Hey Reid, it was nice knowing you
    Last edited by Indio; 12-19-2005 at 03:34 PM.

I've seen a woman who wanted to print something, she didn't find how to do, so she put the screen on the photocopier.

4Iron
    Okay, boys, I couldn't resist any longer,I think that most of us females are a little intimidated by the male macho-ism here. And you say us gals have the gift of the gab.

Alot of the posts seem to be aimed towards the "clicks". Male golfers don't seem to have the same humour as we do. One upmanship is not really a female trait.

That said, I Personally, quite enjoy the jabbing, and chest touting I see in the forum. Knowing that most of you would be quite deflated playing with us minority members (I get that way playing with most of the females in the district).

I can picture it now, 2006 the year of the Female golfer! Sit back boys we will be a force to be reckoned with in the forum!

Happy holidays!

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Iron
    Okay, boys, I couldn't resist any longer,I think that most of us females are a little intimidated by the male macho-ism here. And you say us gals have the gift of the gab.

Alot of the posts seem to be aimed towards the "clicks". Male golfers don't seem to have the same humour as we do. One upmanship is not really a female trait.

That said, I Personally, quite enjoy the jabbing, and chest touting I see in the forum. Knowing that most of you would be quite deflated playing with us minority members (I get that way playing with most of the females in the district).

I can picture it now, 2006 the year of the Female golfer! Sit back boys we will be a force to be reckoned with in the forum!

Happy holidays!
    LOL...i love it. This is the best chest thumping yet...

Yes , you're right, female golfers are starting to play better than us , i often play with girls or women , i don't have any problem with it. I really enjoy to play with some nice girls because they don't only talk about soccer and money..

Quote Originally Posted by 4Iron

Happy holidays!
    Alright 4Iron! Happy that you weighed in on this one! If you think there is chest thumping here, try out the hockey threads! LMAO

I love it when a macho guys gets thumped by a lady golfer! Personally I have had my ***** whompped many times by a lady golfer and it hurts no worse than being whompped by a male! The only difference is the lady doesn't rub my nose in it... I enjoy playing with females, they don't seem to take the game quite as seriously (ie. there will be a tomorrow after a bad round, the world isn't going to end!)

Glad you 'revealed yourself 4iron (so to speak!) look forward to hearing much more of your insights into the machoism in here!

Indio

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Thanks for the read 4Iron

Great to see another point of view. Mind you it took 15 posts before it was posted. Not like the "machos" who took a total of 1 minute to make 5 posts
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    I've probably only read half of the comments here but there are many good female golfers in the area., including The Shtickette (Bailey)...

Remember guys, she plays better than most of you. She plays with me and the game is always close (score wise - get your heads out of the gutter). I'm a 9 handicap and she decided to go to golf school just to beat my ass. She's my partner on the NCGT (see the website) and a hell of a player.

Before you judge how women play, do some solid research first.

I love women who play with short skirts, i always let them put as many mulligans as they wan't to

Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    I've probably only read half of the comments here but there are many good female golfers in the area., including The Shtickette (Bailey)...

Remember guys, she plays better than most of you. She plays with me and the game is always close (score wise - get your heads out of the gutter). I'm a 9 handicap and she decided to go to golf school just to beat my ass. She's my partner on the NCGT (see the website) and a hell of a player.

Before you judge how women play, do some solid research first.
    Schtick....

I know how you feel, I am a 9 handicap and my wife is a 21..... her goal in life is to beat my ass and has come close a few times when I have had a less than stellar round and she has had one of her good ones..... I am actually looking forward to the day she does beat me!

Its fun to watch her trying!

Indio

Schtick....

I know how you feel, I am a 9 handicap and my wife is a 21..... her goal in life is to beat my ass and has come close a few times when I have had a less than stellar round and she has had one of her good ones..... I am actually looking forward to the day she does beat me!

Its fun to watch her trying!

Indio
    This is really funny Sarcastic you are.

This is really funny Sarcastic you are.
    Bucky...

Moi, sarcastic??? Mais non

Oh que si, ca fait vachement ironique ton sujet la.

Oh que si, ca fait vachement ironique ton sujet la.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I know some guys who play like girls...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    I know some guys who play like girls...
    Not nice to talk about Steve like that...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Lol, maybe you know Amelie Mauresmo ;p

Thread Information