100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winter Golfing

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Winter Golfing

I normally head to the warm California desert every year for anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks of glorious golfing but unfortunately this year I won't be going.

So I am going to be SADistic and find out where everyone else is going to be for the winter!

What are your plans for winter golf?
    How long you going for?
    What courses will you get to play?

Please be gentle if you are heading to paradise! LOL

Indio

Out of Bounds buckylasek is on a distinguished road buckylasek's Avatar
    Come here, there's plenty of space , and i'm playing every day of the year. I'm just going To Argentina in february, but until i'm keeping my swing ok here

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Bermuda for a week - golfing mostly the Southampton Princess course(par 3) cause we get 50% off. Maybe the Port Royal a couple of times. All of the other courses too pricey!

Australia for a month - won't be golfing everyday but hoping to get out a few times. Anybody recommend any courses in the New South Wales area(Sydney/New Castle)?

New south wales golf club

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Myrtle Beach, leave in 2 weeks!!!!!!

Playing Kings North, MBN West, Long Bay, River Club, Litchfield and Willbrook.

Can't wait!

You're so lucky, i remember my past years at hilton head island when i was only 5 years old... if only i played golf at this time

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    Going to Cheraw State Park Golf Course in South Carolina for a week in March. Too far away to be dreaming just yet. Will be going with 6-8 guys so it should be fun. We stay in cabins on the site. It's a nice little town with great atmosphere.
    SH

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by g8r

Can't wait!
    Those are good courses G8R, the most popular Myrtle Beach golf package. Have fun
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hybrid Timothy.Reeve is on a distinguished road

How about heading north instead?

This is an idea I have been toying with for some years, but have yet to follow through! In addition, I heard that graphite shafts are not recommended! Apparently, the course is built on the St. Lawrence River.
    Cheers,
    Tim

http://www.hotelleriechampetre.com/c...noEvenement=65

Ice golfing in Rimouski

Tee-off time...in February

February 21 to 23, 2003

Experience a unique golfing experience in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region on a 9-hole winter white course that’ll make your golf partners back home green with envy! Definitely one of the season’s most original activities, to be enjoyed by unconditional golfers and new-experience seekers alike...And after you’ve logged 1,920 total yards, come in for cocktails with the 280 or so participants expected for the occasion.

Didn't you hear about the golf marathon in Scandinavia? Well in summer they can play on the snow, and during 48 hours they play non stop. I heard about playning on the snow, and i don't recommend it at all.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g8r

Can't wait!
    The Master's package and the best choices from the list. If you are playing at King's North and MBN West, try and play MBN Southcreek as a replay. Slickest greens we saw all week a couple of years ago. A bit of housing, but still a fun course.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Maybe not very far from where you are, is Coeur D'alene , Idaho. It has a floating green, it seems to be a really good course.

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    The Master's package and the best choices from the list. If you are playing at King's North and MBN West, try and play MBN Southcreek as a replay. Slickest greens we saw all week a couple of years ago. A bit of housing, but still a fun course.
    We tried a different package last year, and have gone back to this one again. From what I remember of Kings 2 years ago, the greens were like putting in the parking lot. I'll file a report when I get back, post some pictures, etc.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I agree with g8r on the King's greens. I was there in Feb and even at that time they were some of the quickest greens I've ever putted on. Great course. Can't remember if it was the 9th or 18th (we might have started on the back nine) but there was a hole with 40+ bunkers. All you see on the tee is sand. Great intimidating hole. Buddy found 3 bunkers, I somehow managed to avoid all of them.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I like sand. I just hate too much water, i wouldn't be able to play the 17th at Sawgrass, because i've never managed to hit the ball out of the water hazard...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Can't remember if it was the 9th or 18th (we might have started on the back nine) but there was a hole with 40+ bunkers. All you see on the tee is sand. Great intimidating hole. Buddy found 3 bunkers, I somehow managed to avoid all of them.
    That would be #18, nicknamed "Bull's Eye".
    Myrtle Beach Golf

You better have a bullseye putter ;p

3 Wood milner_7 is on a distinguished road milner_7's Avatar
    I am heading to Cabo San Lucas for a week in January. My sister is getting married there and the we are set to play The Raven. I believe it is a Nicklaus designed course. I can wait!!
    "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals"
    HC-15.3 2009 Goal 10.0

You should play cabo del sol. If you're staying at the Melia hotel, it's not far.

Pitching Wedge francois is on a distinguished road
    My wife and I are leaving the turkey and the tourtiere behind for the relatives and in-laws to enjoy, while we'll be spending 8 days over Christmas and New Year golfing in Arizona (El Conquistador near Tuscon). I was surprised how relatively inexpensive it was ($550 airfare and greatly reduced green fees), considering we booked only a few weeks ago.

Been going to Golf-O-Max lately to ensure I remember my gap wedge from my putter... Happy Holidays everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    My wife and I are leaving the turkey and the tourtiere behind for the relatives and in-laws to enjoy, while we'll be spending 8 days over Christmas and New Year golfing in Arizona (El Conquistador near Tuscon). I was surprised how relatively inexpensive it was ($550 airfare and greatly reduced green fees), considering we booked only a few weeks ago.

Been going to Golf-O-Max lately to ensure I remember my gap wedge from my putter... Happy Holidays everyone!
    You guys are killing me with your destinations.... I think that has got me thinking I will go mouch off my brother in Palm Springs for a month or so! The 'quality' courses are expensive but well worth it (Bermuda Dunes, PGA West, Landmark, LaQuinta)

Thanks for talking me into it guys!

Indio

Pga west is top of the chart ( stadium course). Quinta is great, and it's the good season to go there.

Putter Engolfed is on a distinguished road
    My winter golf plans consist of indoor driving ranges (domes). I don't have any plans to travel to a warm destination, although it would be very nice to do so.

Maybe next year...
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrange][B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Orange]Visit[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][URL="http://www.engolfed.com"]Engolfed[/URL][/SIZE][URL="http://www.engolfed.com"]
    [/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

Your blog is great engolfed, didn't know websites like golfjobs were existing. I'd like to have a dome driving range here, to keep playing with a shirt, it isn't the same that playing with sweats .....

Quote Originally Posted by buckylasek
    Pga west is top of the chart ( stadium course). Quinta is great, and it's the good season to go there.
    Yes, they have some mighty fine golf courses in the Palm Springs area.... the cost is prohibitive at many of them to play everyday but well worth a couple of times a week. Many of the resort courses there are inexpensive (ie. $45 with cart) and compare to some of the better courses in the Ottawa area. There are approximately 120 courses to choce from in a very small geographical area and it is never hard to find a tee time at any of them.

3 Wood milner_7 is on a distinguished road milner_7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckylasek
    You should play cabo del sol. If you're staying at the Melia hotel, it's not far.
    we are staying at the Riu Palace..I do want to play another track while I'm there so I am going to check some tracks out. Thanks for the tip!
    "Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals"
    HC-15.3 2009 Goal 10.0

9 Iron putterking is on a distinguished road
    Myrtle Beach first week of March.

Farmstead
    Blackmoor
    Glen Dornoch
    Sandpiper Bay
    Diamond Back
    Long Bay.

Farmstead and Sandpiper are the only two I haven't played out of that list.

Can't wait. Already sick of winter

Glen dornoch?? isn't that in scotland?

9 Iron putterking is on a distinguished road
    Maybe, but there's one in MB as well. Played there last Spring. Great course. Rumour has it that it may be sold in a couple of years to make way for condos. Too bad. It's a great track

Quote Originally Posted by putterking
    Maybe, but there's one in MB as well. Played there last Spring. Great course. Rumour has it that it may be sold in a couple of years to make way for condos. Too bad. It's a great track
    There are some rumours about Myrtle Beach golf closures, unfortunately some are true now as of late. Wild Wing just sold their property, but we will not see closures there for a little while anyways. There are still over 100 golf courses to select from.
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information