100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daito Putters

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar

Daito Putters

Has anyone here used a Daito putter? I've seen them at Chucks and GolfTown, and they seem to have a nice feel, especially the Stealth model which is very funky looking. Just wondering if anyone's used one extensively or owns one, it's hard to find a review...

http://www.daitogolf.com/

Putter jputt is on a distinguished road
    If you go to Rankmark.com the stealth placed really well in their recent putter test. However the company is only about 2 years old it will be hard to find product reviews. I play with a Daito Golf Stealth myself, and personaly I find it to be the best putter on the market.

Out of Bounds buckylasek is on a distinguished road buckylasek's Avatar
    Can we only purchase them in canada? This brand seems to be canadian. I'd give it a try maybe.

The company is located in Montreal and is 100% Canadian. Their manufacturing is done completely In-house. If you give a run through their website, I think it shows where you can purchase their products.

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    WOW, what an interesting looking putter....sort of a half space ship, half golf club!
    Are they centre shaft only?

Whats the price range on these things?

I think golftown sells them for about $199

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    One of the golf magazines just rated it highly, especially for high handicappers, says sight lines help just about anybody.
    Hit a few with it at golftown, felt nice.
    Cheeers!
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

What magazine did you see it in? I would be curious to see that. Reviews for these putters are hard to come by.

For a putter, a review doesn't give info, the only thing is to try it..

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    Although I will agree....Bucky...that first hand is the best way to get to know equipment, there is something to be said from some golf reviews of gear. If a very high percentage of the general public give something high raves...its generally a good product, but perhaps not for all people.

This is an interesting putter....and Canadian made which peaks my interest a little more, but I think I will be staying with ol' faithful Ping Anser 2.

Lol i was just saying for the puters , but i don't read reviews no more as they say : Perfect for me , the best thing, Others say : This is a piece of , not worth the price. I got rid of these reviews .

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jputt
    What magazine did you see it in? I would be curious to see that. Reviews for these putters are hard to come by.
    I have flipped through most of my magazines. couldn't find it. I think it was golf illustrated a month or so ago. you will find it at most chapter's.
    I will dig a little more, you know what its like when u look for something, can't find it, then when u don't care, bang right in front of you.
    Kinda driving me nuts now. Cheers.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

These putters look ok, but i never got used to center shafts, how can thise be possible? They look great, but does anybody have a top view pic?

Weekend Hacker Steelhead is on a distinguished road Steelhead's Avatar
    I had the opportunity to try one out last year at the golf show in Montreal. This model had a great feel and the roll was very nice. I'd compare it to a Futura but with 10X the feel. At the time I tried it the price for them was about 300$. I see they've gone down in price a little.

My 2 cents...
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

How can you compare it to a futura if it doesn't have the same profile? I admit the futura was a flop from scotty, but he did better with the Phantom Version ( + added weight ). I tested the Monza Corza and found it to be the best large head putter available.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by buckylasek
    How can you compare it to a futura if it doesn't have the same profile? I tested the Monza Corza and found it to be the best large head putter available.
    How can you state that the Corza is the best putter available? Have you tried every mallet style putter?

Just pulling your leg a little bit bucky. Just making the point that what is good to one is not to another. That's why reading reviews from many level of golfers is a good idea. Not everyone has the same skill so in reading reviews you can get an idea of what works for different handicap levels. But a product that gets great reviews from all skill levels should generally be considered a good product.

I too have tried these Daito putters. They have a good feel, just a little too clunky looking for me.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    How can you state that the Corza is the best putter available? Have you tried every mallet style putter?
    The best for me i meant, nice MOI, makes the ball roll without skipping,you can customize it with the weights, it's good looking ( subjective ) and tour proven ( objective ).

Thread Information