CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

Merc Kevlar or Graff Blue

Looking for some input from my fellow members. I have a 10.5* Cleveland Comp head. I already have the Kevlar shaft and waiting on the Blue to arrive from Arizona. Was wondering what was everyone's expreriences with these two shafts. In a bit of dilemna as to which one to put in. Just a little background on myself; I play to about a 6, not sure of SS but last time I checked it was around the 110MPH mark, tempo is slow back with quick transition to downswing (almost jerky like) or so I've been told.

Does anyone have any comments? All would be appreciated, especially from those that have seen me play.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Looking for some input from my fellow members. I have a 10.5* Cleveland Comp head. I already have the Kevlar shaft and waiting on the Blue to arrive from Arizona. Was wondering what was everyone's expreriences with these two shafts. In a bit of dilemna as to which one to put in. Just a little background on myself; I play to about a 6, not sure of SS but last time I checked it was around the 110MPH mark, tempo is slow back with quick transition to downswing (almost jerky like) or so I've been told.

Does anyone have any comments? All would be appreciated, especially from those that have seen me play.
    A quick transistion to the downswing? Charles Barkley has a quick transistion to his downswing... you're way beyond that .
    I like the Blue, but it is definitely stout for flex. The stiff Mercury I've always found a bit soft for me. For you, I think the Mercury would be a better choice because despite your quick transistion and tempo you don't seem to load the shaft as much as I do.

Thanks for the input Reid. Hopefully you won't be the only one to respond. You know this would be so much easier if I just had two Comp heads.....hmmm Here comes that itch again.

I've been thinking of putting the Blue in my 5 wood. Only played three rounds with it but I found I didn't like the feel of the YS6 that is in there now.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    I like the Blue also (mostly because of its low-launching trajectory) - but as Reid says it is stout for flex. It is a very tip-stiff, low-torque shaft. I've heard that many people who would normally play stiff flex opt for the regular in the Blue. I can see why.

I have a regular flex Blue in a Wishon 515/GRT. If you want to get together for a round at Golf-O-Max sometime, I'll let you try it.

Haven't tried the Kevlar but I've heard good things about it.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Might take you up on that el tigre. Thinking of heading to GOM for the cleaners game next Sat. I've heard the same as well about going down a flex to play the Blue. I still have about a week to wait before I have to decide (hopefully sooner so I can have my driver ready for Sat if I choose to go).

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Might take you up on that el tigre. Thinking of heading to GOM for the cleaners game next Sat. I've heard the same as well about going down a flex to play the Blue. I still have about a week to wait before I have to decide (hopefully sooner so I can have my driver ready for Sat if I choose to go).
    Well, I'll probably be playing it there if you want to hit a few.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Out of Bounds buckylasek is on a distinguished road buckylasek's Avatar
    Yes the blue plays stiffer. I just can't feel the shaft when i hit with it.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

Wink

I wouldn't worry about it Geoff. you won't hold on to them long enough
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

You are probably correct in that assumption Chief! HO, HO, HO, and I don't mean that in the holiday spirit!

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    I've been thinking of putting the Blue in my 5 wood. Only played three rounds with it but I found I didn't like the feel of the YS6 that is in there now.
    Which YS6 is in the 5 wood? I might be interested if you do change it out. (sorry for the threadjack....)

GarthM

pm sent Garth.

Thread Information