+ Reply to Thread
    Andru

The Leafs are awful!

They truly are. Sorry I should say they're thin.

they have 2 defensemen and 1 great forward and 4 good forwards. After that. There's not much going on. This is the year Sens fan. Lap it up.

On the part of the sens. Chara needs his brain examined. Why risk a suspension. The worse part is this. He's on the record now he has to walk on egg shells. Say he makes a small mistake and catches a guy with an elbow. He's gets double the suspension. And for what? Avery was gone!

Mc Gratton's a tough guy why did he have to crosscheck avery across the face( seems a little Hatcher like) . Just drop the gloves and pummel him.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I think the suspension to Chara and fine to Murray was uncalled for. I know its mandatory if an instigation happens in the last 5mins, but Campbell has the right to overturn the ruling.

A couple weeks ago he decided not to fine Gretzky when Shane Doan got an instigating penalty in the last 5min of the game. In no way do i think Murray sent his "All-star" defensemen out to fight, he was just putting his best defensemen on the ice. Its just another case of Campbell showing how much "friendship" plays a role in the NHL. Murray came out publically saying that he doesn't want Chara fighting this year, so clearly he wouldn't have sent him out for that reason.

On the other hand, putting Emery out there at the end of the game, it was clear that he wanted Ray out there just in case it got way out of hand, Emery is literally Ottawa's 4th best fighter!!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I think you're reading way to much into it. I don't like the rule, but it was designed for exactly this situation: a chippy game that's already been decided, and guys are out there looking to settle scores. Not saying Murray sent him out there, but nonetheless, that's what the rule is for. Like i said, I hate this rule, and the instigator in general, but I don't think there was anything inappropriate about the way it was applied

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    I agree that Chara and Murray, based on the rule, deserve what they both got. The only problem i have is that they designed a rule that has a human element, therefore there are going to be problems. I mean i remember the Doan incident and it was no different context then the Chara incident. Neither Murray nor Gretzky would send their all-stars on the ice to fight. I just don't understand how one can receive the full punishment, while the other gets off with nothing?

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    I agree that Chara and Murray, based on the rule, deserve what they both got. The only problem i have is that they designed a rule that has a human element, therefore there are going to be problems. I mean i remember the Doan incident and it was no different context then the Chara incident. Neither Murray nor Gretzky would send their all-stars on the ice to fight. I just don't understand how one can receive the full punishment, while the other gets off with nothing?
    I believe the only difference was that Chara lined up for the face-off in the left winger's position instead of on defence. Obviously that is not what he normally does, so it was pretty clear what his intentions were. Now whether that was Murray's idea or Chara decided to do that on his own - I guess we'll never know. But the rule is written such that in the last 5 minutes you are presumed guilty unless proven innocent.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    Also remember. McGatton was sent out to start something with avery already. SO it wasn't the first time this game. and add Emery to the mix. It just doesn't look good.

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    I believe the only difference was that Chara lined up for the face-off in the left winger's position instead of on defence. Obviously that is not what he normally does, so it was pretty clear what his intentions were.
    Quite often you will see a defenceman move up to the wingers position (beside his winger) I didn't notice who was playing left wing at the time or where they were...

Pulling Hasek was the right thing to do, not for Razor's fighting abilities but to protect their #1 net minder from further abuse!

Don't forget Cowan had just pounded the snot out of Kelly - that was a real tough guy thing to do, he was asked to dance earlier by McGrattan & Neil refused and decided on the team's heavyweight - Kelly! I think Chara was sending a message to the rest of the NHL that the team sticks up for each-other. Yes he got suspended for 1 game & Murray lost 10k but in then end it will be worth it.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by TA 845
    Yes he got suspended for 1 game & Murray lost 10k but in then end it will be worth it.
    That is yet to be determined.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    I like that sens fans need to start a thread by the Leafs are awful just to get people to look at it. GO Flames GO!
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinshark
    I like that sens fans need to start a thread by the Leafs are awful just to get people to look at it. GO Flames GO!
    Ummm...I think Andru is a Leafs fan...

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63
    Ummm...I think Andru is a Leafs fan...
    That is correct. They are awful and winning with smoke and mirrors right now.

Thread Information