100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge spart is on a distinguished road

Renfrew Golf Club

Played Renfrew last Wed and was VERY disappointed with their greens. Despite all of the rebuilding there seems to be some sort of weed in the grass. also a number of bare spots. I have played there several times last year and earlier this year and thought they were making good progress with the new greens. Don't know what happened but it will be a long time before I go back

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar

Thumbs down Have to agree about Renfrew's greens...

I too was looking forward to playing Renfrew last month, having played last year when the new greens were growing in and they were only cutting every other day (we were there on an off day). I think the greens were in worse shape this year then last year.

I probably won't be back soon either. Too bad because it is a great layout and a fun course to play.

G.

Driver natgolfer is on a distinguished road

Greens

Played Renfrew in the City and District Championship on Tuesday and was appaled at the condition of the new putting surfaces.

Poa Annua has already moved in, so in a couple of years they will be back to the same problems they had pre reconstruction.

If I was a member there I would be some upset with the condition of the putting surfaces.

Having said that, however, the redesign of the greens, bunkers, grass bunkers and mounding is just beautiful. Visually, the view from some of the tees is breathtaking, particularly number 13.

The course used to moderately difficult, but now it is much more punishing if you miss to the wrong side or in the wrong spot.

The sand is consistent and quite easy to get out of. If they can somehow solve the greens problem, this will be one of the most enjoyable courses in the area to play.

Thread Information