CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Practice

jazman

Practice

Good Day,

I practice the physical side of my game and then leave the practice on the range and just "play" when I get out.

Should I approach the mental aspects of the game the same way...work on them on the range but let myself "play" when on the course?

Jeremy

Sand Wedge Sean Rea is on a distinguished road
    Jeremy,

It depends on the purpose of your playing...If you are out just to have fun, then you don't have to practice the mental side. However, if you have goals to improve certain aspects of your game then you should be practicing the mental skills during your game.

Sometimes we just need to have fun and play, after all that is truly what sport and games are about. But if you want to improve you must focus on changes during your play. The range is a good place to practice, but it is simulated competition. To increase how quickly you adapt to new changes or improvments to your game they need to be worked on both in practice and in competition.

If you want the mental aspect of your game to improve it is best practiced both on the range on the course. Don't try to incoprate new techniques on the course first, but eventually you will need to bring them into your game.

Sean
    Sean Rea

jazman

Thank-you

I will do just that,

I try to "simulate" these conditions, which can be entertaining....although I agree that they are just simulated.

Thread Information