100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar

Sens vs Bruins game

I know its petty to complain about a team that is 19-4-0, but is it just me or do the Sens either play amazing or horrible!!

All of their loses have been because they have played just horrible. None of their 4 losses have been when they played great and still lost. It just seems that when they play good, they win, when they dont' they lose!!

If only we could get there best every game, there is no doubt that they would be 72-0-0, but you can't win every game!

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    I know its petty to complain about a team that is 19-4-0, but is it just me or do the Sens either play amazing or horrible!!

All of their loses have been because they have played just horrible. None of their 4 losses have been when they played great and still lost. It just seems that when they play good, they win, when they dont' they lose!!

If only we could get there best every game, there is no doubt that they would be 72-0-0, but you can't win every game!
    You're dead wrong. There's another team on the ice. Sometimes teams do things to make your team play poorly. Either out working a team, getting more bounces, being in better position. It's hockey.

Dude contrary to what you've been told this isn't the greatest team to step on the ice in history. They're a team that has a great head start on other teams ( due to good budget management ) in a transition to a salary cap era.

Boston had a few things going for it tonight. 1) they've had to listen to EVERYONE say they're lost without JT 2) The 3 new players all wanting to show
    Hey we're not pylons here!
    and 3) guys were given a wake up call. Trading the guy eveyone thinks is untouchable will light a fire under anyone.

They met a team that just plain out worked them tonight. The good news is they're home to play the kings tomorrow. I'm getting sick of this inter-division play. I want to see how the east measures up with the west.

I for one believe the east is overrated. Boston had 4 players signed going into this season. That's not much for chemistry, The leafs are just thin, and Montreal is missing some impact players. The true test is a trip on the left coast. To play Detroit, Van, Col, Edmonton, Calgary. It's very very early. I'm sure you've heard the saying don't count your chickens..........

Cheers

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk

I have to agree with Andru (for the most part)...that's like saying every time the Sens score more goals than the other team, they win, but when they don't, they lose.

I'll even admit that the Sens have won a few games where they didn't exactly play amazing, but the other team just made a few more mistakes. And in their losses to Carolina they played very well but got beat by a hot goalie and a few missed chances.

Thread Information