100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    I agree, you just got to be cautious. What i always do is ask for additional pics from the seller, usually giving them my email address where they can send them. If they are a good seller, they will send you the pics, then if the clubs aren't the same as the pics, you have more pics to use against them!!
    Cautious yes.In this particular case the seller has a 100% feedback. So unless like you wrote the seller and asked for additionnal pics or condition of the clubs you could never have guessed the actual condition. There were also 14 bidders who I am sure thought this was a great set of sticks in top shape.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid Masson
    You didn't get them all Dan LOL!. Just a heads up.
    Yah, I let that one go too long and it got quoted a lot.

Par Samick is on a distinguished road

XXXx.com

Sorry about that Dan......I wasnt aware that posting a website was a no-no......wont happen again. Just trying to share my not so fortunate incident and to warn fellow patrons so they dont get ripped. As others did.....

Perhaps it was in the rules of the site somewhere not to downplay anyone in particular........but praise was ok. I'll brush up.
    Great site by the way.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    No problem, we just don't want one person's problem to be a major issue for anyone's business. These things can be sorted out through proper channels.

Yea........tried that to no avail. Ever get the feeling that sometimes the law shows no justice?? Ce La Vie.....

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Out of curiousity, what was this guys feedback before he shafted you? Did he have good references? I've always suspected that the whole ebay reference thing is useless.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    This is why I don't deal with ebay and only deal with local stores or the wonderfully honest and trustworthy members of Ottawa Golf for all my club hoing needs!
    I would have to agree,
    E-bay scares the heck out of me.
    I have however, purchased 3 clubs from Golftown e-bay
    Clubs arrive in better than advertised condition.
    Denny,surely there must be a way to get a refund?
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Quote Originally Posted by covanant

I would have to agree,
    E-bay scares the heck out of me.
    I have however, purchased 3 clubs from Golftown e-bay
    Clubs arrive in better than advertised condition.
    Denny,surely there must be a way to get a refund?
    GT is fine but keep in mind they will charge you taxes as opposed to other sellers. Also they have charged me both taxes which they should not because they are shipping out of province therefore I should only get charged the GST. Their shipping rate is reasonable(15 CDN) where others will charge you $20USD to ship an item from Toronto.I have shipped clubs to Texas using Fedx ground for $16.07 CDN. One seller was asking $35USD(shipping and handling) and I kindly replied no thank you.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Ya i know,thats why i kept that into consideration when bidding.
    I got my hogan cft in graphite for 90.00 tax in/at my door.
    Its flawless,can pass as new
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee
    GT is fine but keep in mind they will charge you taxes as opposed to other sellers. Also they have charged me both taxes which they should not because they are shipping out of province therefore I should only get charged the GST.
    Actually Chief, you are legally supposed to pay Quebec Sales Tax on taxable goods shipped to you from out-of-province.

Because GolfTown has stores in Quebec, they have to charge you PST or the Quebec government can make GolfTown pay it out of their own pocket. Other businesses in Ontario that don't have stores in Quebec can get away with not charging you PST because the Quebec government has no way to "shake them down" for the money.

If you order something from outside Canada, you will be charged PST. That's because all the provinces have made arrangements with Customs & Excise to collect it for them.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Did not think about the Quebec store issue. That could be the reason. If I pick something up at GW they will charge both taxes but not if I have it shipped. Same with all the other suppliers out of province. Your explanation makes sense.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Golfpeasant
    Out of curiousity, what was this guys feedback before he shafted you? Did he have good references? I've always suspected that the whole ebay reference thing is useless.
    The particular person I delt with had a pretty good rating...something like 98%.....but, I should have looked further into it and read some of the feedback given to them. Their rating was so high because of the volume of product they move........hundreds of thousands a year I estimate. So when a 8 or 10 people every month gave a negative feedback versus the few hundred.....its looks pretty good.

dbleber.........did you contact the seller to see if you can resolve the issue? I had a watch that stopped working (vintage bulova) after a couple weeks......so I wrote the guy to ask if there was something I did wrong or what-not. The guy graciously gave me a refund and I sent the watch back.

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    Just want to warn everyone of the dangers of dealing with Ebay. Buyer beware.
    Hi dbleber

Sorry for your bad luck dude, but these forged irons look terrible. I too buy off eBay. Just received a full set of forged Mizuno MP-30's [2-PW, MLH] used 2 rounds for $300 USD + $20 Shipping. My money order in CAD was $380. Not sure what you paid for them, BUT we ALL run that type of risk from eBay. Some deals are too good to be true. I bought an Ian Legget autographed ball once that never arrived.
    Kind regards, Harry

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ap_logan
    They all arent bad.....thats only one bad incident. I have had many many transactions go very smooth...actually, I just received my new Florsheim Magnaforce golf shoes from Texas an hour ago.....cost me $34 Cdn and took them 2 days to ship! Bought my TA3 irons (still in plastic) for $345Cdn.....so the deals are out there......but you still have to watch yourself.
    Have you used the Florsheim Magnaforce shoes before? How are they? Just bought a pair yesterday from Sportchek on clearance for $60. Someone else posted either here or another forum that Florsheim and Nike golf shoes were the ones to avoid...not suppose to last very long.

Dave

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Don't know about the Magneforce, but I had a pair of Florsheim Frogs that lasted me for 3 years. Best shoes I've ever had.

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidY
    Have you used the Florsheim Magnaforce shoes before? How are they? Just bought a pair yesterday from Sportchek on clearance for $60. Someone else posted either here or another forum that Florsheim and Nike golf shoes were the ones to avoid...not suppose to last very long.

Dave
    Use golfreview.com. Would never go on just one review, but if there are at least a couple, it is everyday people posting, so you start to notice tendencies with equipment, shoes etc.

Here is your shoes (doesn't sound too good!)
    http://www.golfreview.com/cat/shoes/...9_2944crx.aspx

A pair of shoes I tried recently, that were inexpensive, were the etonic G-sok at golf town. Marked down from $120 to $69.99.
    They are a new design with no replaceable spikes, but have supposedly computer designed tread so they are not nessary.
    Thing I liked most was no tongue. You do lace them up, but they have a neoprene collar you slip your foot into. Feels really comfy. There ads say "feels like you're wearing socks instead of shoes"

p.s. will all my posts on shoes lately, i'm thinking I shouldn't have bugged my ex so much about her love of shoes

Cheers, Shark
    Last edited by sharkhark; 12-15-2005 at 05:50 PM.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

I have had two pairs of Florsheim shoes.....the Magnaforce and the Comfortech. Both were great shoes in my opinion. They lasted over two years each.....and they were very comfortable.....one of my favs actually other that Adidas.

Hope you enjoy yours!

ap_logan

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY

Dave

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Here's a little update:

Looks like so far I will be having the last laugh! I did all the credit card stuff and said the hell with Paypal, what useless protection that is! My credit card company finally gave me my money back and all is well. Here is the real kicker: My credit card company wanted me to ship the clubs back, which I said sure, no problem as long as I can ship them COD! No problems there but, UPS put the sticker tag over the tape which I ripped off like a 5 year old at Christmas thinking I was getting the mother load until I saw the big lump of coal! Anyways, along with that went his return address. I emailed him and told him what was going on, no response! I contacted eBay for seller information, they did not have a full street address but did have his home phone, no response and no return call from messages! Desperate I tried the 411 stuff on the internet, no hits. UPS didn't have his, or wouldn't give me his home address. Long story short I proved all of this to the credit card company and they gave me my money back and the clubs are down in my basement! If he ever contacts me, I will do the right thing and send back his irons but if he doesn't do it in a reasonable time frame, then who am I not to sell them!
    Last edited by dbleber; 01-19-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    You go Denny!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

Red face

Here's a little update:

Looks like so far I will be having the last laugh! I did all the credit card stuff and said the hell with Paypal, what useless protection that is! My credit card company finally gave me my money back and all is well. Here is the real kicker: My credit card company wanted me to ship the clubs back, which I said sure, no problem as long as I can ship them COD! No problems there but, UPS put the sticker tag over the tape which I ripped off like a 5 year old at Christmas thinking I was getting the mother load until I saw the big lump of coal! Anyways, along with that went his return address. I emailed him and told him what was going on, no response! I contacted eBay for seller information, they did not have a full street address but did have his home phone, no response and no return call from messages! Desperate I tried the 411 stuff on the internet, no hits. UPS didn't have his, or wouldn't give me his home address. Long story short I proved all of this to the credit card company and they gave me my money back and the clubs are down in my basement! If he ever contacts me, I will do the right thing and send back his irons but if he doesn't do it in a reasonable time frame, then who am I not to sell them!
    Not that you really..ahem..want to get ahold of this guy, but if you really did, or wanted full address, phone, etc etc.
    I can get it . Due to my own experiences from ebay, mostly good, but a couple of bad apples, I have gathered some sites on my own, plus ones given to me through community chat boards.
    PM me if you ever wanted that stuff, even for pits & giggles.
    Cheers, Shark
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

That's good to know but I will be quite honest in saying that I did do my research and have sent the emails and phone calls. If he doesn't think it is important to return my emails or phone calls then he can't be to worried about. I will wait and see if he will return any attempts of contact now that he is missing the money from his account, if that doesn't spark anything then I'm done chasing this guy and selling them on him will be a good lesson learned and even make me feel better in a very sadistic way!

You kidding me? He misrepresents the club quality, AND doesn't phone you back, and you are thinking of mailing him his clubs back?

I'd leave a "haha, I got your clubs and my money back" message, and sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfpeasant
    You kidding me? He misrepresents the club quality, AND doesn't phone you back, and you are thinking of mailing him his clubs back?

I'd leave a "haha, I got your clubs and my money back" message, and sell them.
    I would not recommend that...

I am trying to stay away from that kind of stuff, although I would really like to say a few things to this guy but I am trying to be the bigger man here. Things like that sometimes come back to bite you in the .....! Also, I want to give it a reasonable time frame incase my credit card company makes contact or he makes contact with them and they give me his address to send them back. If I sell them to quick I may get some cash for the clubs but my credit card company will return my money and I will be out of cash. Tricky stuff this eBay thing!

Well if thats the case, than you don't have anything yet. You just have the promise that the credit card will try to return your cash. Now once you have the cash, and this guy DOES NOT phone you, why would you be concerned about mailing his clubs back?

He exercised deception. He tried to con. The biggest lesson this guy could learn is be out of pocket and out of product. I wouldn't lose 2 seconds of sleep over it. Its like catching a pickpocket, then giving him $5 anyway.

Sorry Golfpeasant but I have to disagree. Two wrongs do not add up to a right now matter how one trys to justify it.

I already have the cash but the reason I have the cash and the clubs is because I had no contact from the buyer and full mailing address. The credit card company wasn't going to give me anything until I proved the clubs and been sent back, since I could do that I had to submit a bunch of documents which proved I tried. If he now contacts the credit card company and gives them his full address (unlikely but....) I will have to send him the clubs or the credit card company could reverse my refund. All of this is unlikely and just my speculation/paranoia but I would rather be safe then sorry and since nobody is in a real buying mood until March/April, I have plenty of time to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Masson
    Sorry Golfpeasant but I have to disagree. Two wrongs do not add up to a right now matter how one trys to justify it.
    Well thats your opinion Reid, straight out of the phrase book. I'm saying what I'd do: I wouldn't sweat it.

I think mean you wouldn't sweat it until the seller contacted you to find out when you were sending the clubs back. Then when you tell him you sold them, he files his own fraud claim and you end up paying him again for the full price of the clubs, even if you sold them for half of that.
    Happens all the time.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    That's good to know but I will be quite honest in saying that I did do my research and have sent the emails and phone calls. If he doesn't think it is important to return my emails or phone calls then he can't be to worried about. I will wait and see if he will return any attempts of contact now that he is missing the money from his account, if that doesn't spark anything then I'm done chasing this guy and selling them on him will be a good lesson learned and even make me feel better in a very sadistic way!
    I am not so sure that the guy is missing ANY money from his account.

Strictly speaking, you did not pay the seller with your credit card. You paid him via PayPal, using your credit card as the source of funds. If you had gotten your refund through PayPal, then they would take the money from his PayPal account and the seller would be out the money you paid him.

However, you got your refund through your credit card company. The seller probably does not have an account with your credit card company, so your credit card company has no way of getting the funds back from him. In all liklihood, your credit card company is writing off the refund paid to you under their customer protection program.

This might be why the seller isn't getting back to you. I'm sure he would be all over you if he was out both the money AND the goods. Even so, if I were you I would hold onto the clubs for a few months - and you might want to check your PayPal account frequently. There is always a chance that the seller could go through PayPal if your credit card company gets their money back from him and you still have his clubs.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Thread Information