CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar

Just Got Ripped off on Ebay

I just bought a set of Titleist 690 CB's from Ebay that were supposed to be in great shape with only normal wear and tear. The lower clubs 7-PW have the wear in the sweet spot that forged clubs get, no big deal. All clubs have bag chatter that forged clubs get, again no big deal. The 8 iron has a ding on the back of the club head and the 5 iron has a ding in the toe. The bottoms show wear, but if you are not as picky as I am about the cosmetics then they will be a sweet set of forged clubs. I have them posted in the classifieds for anyone who is interested.
    Just want to warn everyone of the dangers of dealing with Ebay. Buyer beware.
    Last edited by 1972Apex; 12-01-2005 at 09:07 AM.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    I just bought a set of Titleist 690 CB's from Ebay that were supposed to be in great shape with only normal wear and tear. I have just received them and although I can go through the mess of Paypal to try and reclaim my money I am willing to take a loss and you can get a nice set of cosmetically challenge irons for a lot less. The lower clubs 7-PW have the wear in the sweet spot that forged clubs get, no big deal. All clubs have bag chatter that forged clubs get, again no big deal. The 8 iron has a ding on the back of the club head and the 5 iron has a ding in the toe. The bottoms show wear, but if you are not as picky as I am about the cosmetics then they will be a sweet set of forged clubs. 3-PW DGS300 steel shafts with a nice set of Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips. $300! Take a look around these clubs sell for $500 on Ebay everyday (I should know), my loss your gain.
    Please tell me you left some bad feedback for the seller. Cheers

Amateur Brianson is on a distinguished road Brianson's Avatar

Neutral Feedback

If you really want to stick it to the guy, you can leave neutral feedback and stick it to him in the comment. He won't be able to leave a reply to neutral ranked feedback as he could if it was negative feedback. Just depends how pissed off you really are.
    I keep commas, over long periods.

I am kind of lost on what to do about feedback. Since he is waiting for me to reply first I can't hammer him with a Neg because my record is %100 and I don't want a Neg on my record from a guy that ripped me of and then finished the job with crapy feedback. I contacted my credit card company and they are going to send me forms, the Paypal route is useless, but if can just off load them first then i'll take my losses and chalk it up to experience.

Ok,
    Here are some pics. The 7 iron is in the worse condition and thats what you see here. Looking at the faces and the grooves the clubs are not that bad and if i would have been made aware of the condition before hand I would be happy. It's the fact of being lied to and the thought that I was buying something else. Anyway..........

5 iron:

8 iron:

Set:

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Thats unfortunate denny.. I was just at chuck browns though and they stil have a decent set for 550..

Thanks man,
    If you would like to see that set let me know because they are in my basement!!!! The bad thing is I have to sell these off so that i am not spending Xmas as a bachelor!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Bummer. Looking at the pics those clubs have some serious miles on them.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Denny. That is quite unfortunate. Do you have a link to the winning bid. PM is OK.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

jhazelton

Your feelings are understandable

I can see why you are disappointed. No mention of the dings in the description and these certainly do not look like normal wear and tear clubcs to me.

You should really file a dispute with Ebay and push for a refund. These should definitely qualify as being significantly not as described. Check out:
    http://pages.ebay.ca/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

It notes that you will be referred to Paypal for resolution, but push the issue. Call your credit card company and see if they can help. Since you did receive the items, they may not be able to reverse the charge, but they could certainly apply some pressure to Paypal.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 12-01-2005 at 06:07 AM.

I did contact the credit card company but I don't think I can get back the jacked up shipping costs he charged me ( which at the time seem ok becasue of the final auction price) plus the taxes from customs.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Looks like the pictures were doctored. I would claim that he mis-represented the item and ask for a refund. That really sucks!! Especially when you look so forward to getting them. Sorry to hear about that.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Brianson
    If you really want to stick it to the guy, you can leave neutral feedback and stick it to him in the comment. He won't be able to leave a reply to neutral ranked feedback as he could if it was negative feedback. Just depends how pissed off you really are.
    Hey I never knew that! Thanks.
    I had a bad experience when new on ebay, received shirt in different color, after 6 emails, and 3 weeks of no reply, posted negative.
    Well seller within 15 minutes replies with negative, lies in their version. I end up dinged in my feedback rating.

Could have avoided that with your method, although I did pursue the person and their feedback, eventually got it removed by ebay, but after a ton of effort. Cheers
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

6 Iron Thimble is on a distinguished road
    they actually don't look to bad to me... dings don't affect playability, eh?

might i ask how much your winning bid was? i would think about $250 USD (not including shipping) would be a decent deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Thimble
    they actually don't look to bad to me... dings don't affect playability, eh?

might i ask how much your winning bid was? i would think about $250 USD (not including shipping) would be a decent deal?
    You want them? I give you a good deal then!

6 Iron Thimble is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    You want them? I give you a good deal then!
    if i hadn't JUST bought clubs off ebay myself, i mighta had an offer.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint
    Looks like the pictures were doctored. I would claim that he mis-represented the item and ask for a refund. That really sucks!! Especially when you look so forward to getting them. Sorry to hear about that.
    I agree, in the pic that shows the full set of irons, nowhere can you see that 7iron face! None of the faces in the pics shows any real bad wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianson

The whole Feedback on Ebay is BS anyway! Seller's should have to leave feeback 3 days after payment is received, most wait until the buyer posts +ve then they may post. As a buyer it isn't fair to be black mailed into leaving feedback for people who don't deserve it out of fear of having your own rep damaged.

Par Samick is on a distinguished road
    I had a problem with XXXX.com when I won a Taylor 580XD driver for my fathers birthday. After winning the bid I tried to contact them with 8 emails and 4 phone calls.....which none were answered! When the final day to pay came around, they emailed me and threatened to rat me out to Ebay for not paying.....so I paid.

I tried to find out if there was a tracking number so I could see where it was and when it would arrive (on a tight deadline for the birthday!) and still got no response.

so I left a neutral feedback saying that they were extremely slow to corrispond after 8 emails and 4 calls.....but the product was as described. They left a negative feedback to me saying I was a liar! You can reply to feedback as well for yourself which I did to explain what happened......they called me a freakin liar again! I'm not the only one who had trouble with these people......after looking through their history, several people said the same about the emails.....and XXX.com response every time was to call the buyer a liar!

I have reported them to Ebay but they did nothing.....

Now....all of their bids have a clause that states that due to some emails not getting through.....that a buyer must call if they get no response....no Kidding!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    This is why I don't deal with ebay and only deal with local stores or the wonderfully honest and trustworthy members of Ottawa Golf for all my club hoing needs!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

They all arent bad.....thats only one bad incident. I have had many many transactions go very smooth...actually, I just received my new Florsheim Magnaforce golf shoes from Texas an hour ago.....cost me $34 Cdn and took them 2 days to ship! Bought my TA3 irons (still in plastic) for $345Cdn.....so the deals are out there......but you still have to watch yourself.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ap_logan
    They all arent bad.....thats only one bad incident. I have had many many transactions go very smooth...actually, I just received my new Florsheim Magnaforce golf shoes from Texas an hour ago.....cost me $34 Cdn and took them 2 days to ship! Bought my TA3 irons (still in plastic) for $345Cdn.....so the deals are out there......but you still have to watch yourself.
    I agree, you just got to be cautious. What i always do is ask for additional pics from the seller, usually giving them my email address where they can send them. If they are a good seller, they will send you the pics, then if the clubs aren't the same as the pics, you have more pics to use against them!!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ap_logan
    I had a problem with XXXX.com when I won a Taylor 580XD driver for my fathers birthday. After winning the bid I tried to contact them with 8 emails and 4 phone calls.....which none were answered! When the final day to pay came around, they emailed me and threatened to rat me out to Ebay for not paying.....so I paid.

I tried to find out if there was a tracking number so I could see where it was and when it would arrive (on a tight deadline for the birthday!) and still got no response.

so I left a neutral feedback saying that they were extremely slow to corrispond after 8 emails and 4 calls.....but the product was as described. They left a negative feedback to me saying I was a liar! You can reply to feedback as well for yourself which I did to explain what happened......they called me a freakin liar again! I'm not the only one who had trouble with these people......after looking through their history, several people said the same about the emails.....and XXXX.com response every time was to call the buyer a liar!

I have reported them to Ebay but they did nothing.....

Now....all of their bids have a clause that states that due to some emails not getting through.....that a buyer must call if they get no response....no Kidding!

Stay away from these idiots!
    Funny, I've purchased several items from XXXX.com and had excellent service each time. One of the more legit companies out there IMHO. Golfsmith is great to. Had a problem and they resolved it very quickly.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Out of Bounds buckylasek is on a distinguished road buckylasek's Avatar
    Well these 690 CB's are the older version, which was replaced by the dot series. And overall, these clubs are made from the softest kind of steel existing now, that's why they are so fragile, but whatever, they look playable. I bought some stuff on ebay, but only to those who have kind of ebay stores, and look really serious. You have to spend something like 400 dollars to get a good deal in a cosmetic way. But i'm sure these heads will perform well, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc
    Funny, I've purchased several items from XXXX.com and had excellent service each time. One of the more legit companies out there IMHO. Golfsmith is great to. Had a problem and they resolved it very quickly.
    I have no doubt that some people have had some good dealings with them as they have sold thousands of items.....but my experience was not a favourable one to say the least. It didnt help these guys by calling me a liar either..one of my HUGE pet peaves.

I would agree that Golfsmith is very reputable.....and so is Dallasgolf.

I hope you have continued success with XXXX.com and dont run into a problem like I had.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I have edited the above posts replacing the site with XXXx.com.

If you have issues with an ebay seller please contact ebay.

If you want to discuss various ebay issues and safeguards... have at it.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    I have edited the above posts replacing the site with XXXx.com.

If you have issues with an ebay seller please contact ebay.

If you want to discuss various ebay issues and safeguards... have at it.
    You didn't get them all Dan LOL!. Just a heads up.

Thread Information