100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Just curious, what is the difference between the various software that would make a 10 stroke difference in scores. Is it the putting or longer length off of the tee that makes a difference?????

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBack
    Try 10 years old.
    Yeah he won nothing and we felt bad for Garth didnt we boys

Best for me is also 10 under with only ONE hole in one in ther ten years on those sims.
    At least you gave me a few $$ for low gross, and I think I won a CTP didn't I?

Sunday is another day boys....

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    Just curious, what is the difference between the various software that would make a 10 stroke difference in scores. Is it the putting or longer length off of the tee that makes a difference?????
    12 foot gimmies and always a flat lie. Hitting out of the sand is easier, and there is no slice/fade/draw/hook.

Makes for a pretty simple game.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    IMO the difference is that the ball flies almost perfectly straight no matter what you do (I hit a draw or hook in the real world). Also, when you miss a green, the chipping is very, very easy. Unless the green is severly undulating, it's an easy up and down every time. Third, the putting is pretty easy. You will regulary make 20 footers and we play 12 foot gimmies.

Having said all this, I'm sure I'll shoot 95 on Sunday!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    O.K. that would make some sense, The 12 foot gimmies are really the big difference. It certainly is easier getting up and down on those chip and even pitch shots when your target is a 24 foot circle. We have always used 6 foot gimmies and half the time even if it says 6 foot from hole you still have to putt!! I wish I had a quarter for every 7 to 9 footer that I missed for birdie. But you have to admit that at least your getting to swing and hit a ball towards a target, It will do till spring. I have to play 18 on Friday, I wonder what course we have to play?
    Last edited by ironmaster15213; 01-12-2006 at 10:24 AM.

O.K. that would make some sense, The 12 foot gimmies are really the big difference. It certainly is easier getting up and down on those chip and even pitch shots when your target is a 24 foot circle. We have always used 6 foot gimmies and half the time even if it says 6 foot from hole you still have to putt!! I wish I had a quarter for every 7 to 9 footer that I missed for birdie. But you have to admit that at least your getting to swing and hit a ball towards a target, It will do till spring. I have to play 18 on Friday, I wonder what course we have to play?
    I guess the 12 foot gimmies are the main reason. I've never played it any other way so I can't be sure. One thing though, if you have a 13 footer on the software we play, it's like putting a 2 footer in the real world. I don't remember ever missing a 13 footer on this software. Not sure if that would change if we went to 6 foot gimmies.

I played the brand new software a few weeks ago and made only one putt the entire game. We had it on 12 foot gimmies but if was 13 feet, it was a two-putt. The new software is harder but much more realistic for putting. As a result, my score was 14 strokes higher than it is on the old software.

For me, playing during the winter is just a way to keep sane and keeps my hands rough and ready for the March trip to South Carolina. Nothing worse than going on a spring golf trip and ripping open a blister on your hand.

SH

Just for laughs what was the longest putt that you have ever seen made on a simulator? I had a lady partner about 4 years ago sink a 126 foot putt, It hit the hole so hard it popped up in the air about 2 foot and fell back in the hole. We had to have played the replay 10 times cause we wanted everyone to see it and we were laughing so hard. Hell I think my longest made putt is about 48 feet but I have dropped some bombs in real life. The longest putt I have ever seen somebody make in real life was my buddy Bob during his vacation in Phoenix. He must of hit a really bad shot cause he was on the right side of a double green with the flag that he was going for on the extreme left of the second green with a large mound in the middle of the double green. His girlfriend was taking a video of his attempt and you guessed it, BAM right in the hole after tracking the ball for what seemed like an eternity. He was easily 50 yards away and he has it on tape, I told him he should send it to Americas funniest home videos.

Just for laughs what was the longest putt that you have ever seen made on a simulator? I had a lady partner about 4 years ago sink a 126 foot putt, It hit the hole so hard it popped up in the air about 2 foot and fell back in the hole. We had to have played the replay 10 times cause we wanted everyone to see it and we were laughing so hard. Hell I think my longest made putt is about 48 feet but I have dropped some bombs in real life. The longest putt I have ever seen somebody make in real life was my buddy Bob during his vacation in Phoenix. He must of hit a really bad shot cause he was on the right side of a double green with the flag that he was going for on the extreme left of the second green with a large mound in the middle of the double green. His girlfriend was taking a video of his attempt and you guessed it, BAM right in the hole after tracking the ball for what seemed like an eternity. He was easily 50 yards away and he has it on tape, I told him he should send it to Americas funniest home videos.
    Well maybe a 60 footer. Not really sure. I have had lots of those putts that hit the hole and jump 2 feet in the air but I don't remember one ever going in. My longest in real life is probably an eagle putt I made on a par five at Fox Creek GC in South Carolina. I think it was the 10th hole. I was on the back of the green, the pin was on the front. I had to roll it through 2 or 3 deep valleys as it broke both ways. As it fell in, I still remember my playing partners shaking their heads in disgust. I have always been full of s#@t on the golf course. I bought the beer in the club house after the round… with their money that is.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    We have room for one more player due to a last minute cancellation. If you are interested in playing at Golf-O-Max tomorrow morning at 8 am please pm me or email me at steve@nationalcapitalgolftour.com

We will be playing at 8 but you can get thre early to practice as they are open at 7 AM.

See you all in the am.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Any takers on the last spot Steve?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

nope

no problem though we are 23

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    It's been really fun. Thanks NoBack...

Quote Originally Posted by big easy
    It's been really fun. Thanks NoBack...

Good to put a face to the name too. Glad you had fun big easy

I will post the results on the NCGT site soon.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    No please don't! Just didn't have it today. But Thom was on fire. I think he could've payed for our groups fees today with the coin he won. Way to go Thom!
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I wish I didnt have to also.

But the shootout CTP afterwards made up for the lousy play that I had earlier on.
    Gotta luv having a little extra time on the sims.

Thanks to all those who came out again.

Results are now posted on the NCGT site. Under the Silly Season button in the dropdown area you will find all the results.

http://www.nationalcapitalgolftour.c...3/Default.aspx

Thread Information