100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Cobras

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

New Cobras

Meet the new Cobras.

http://www.cobragolf.com/

X F M for different swing speeds.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

cobra

They look sweet, I always liked the cobra line (SZ) but these do look like they finally caught up to the competition. I would love to try one of those fairway woods.
    Claude

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I have always been a big fan of Cobra drivers, very long. But the members on the marketing team who were responsable for naming the new product line should get canned for such a lame naming concept. XSpeed.......cheesy!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Had a chance to hit these at Gt on the weekend. Not a bad club but not a true Cobra. They took away that nice loud Cobra sound that when you smacked it right in the middle made everybodies head turn. Also the hosel design is to close to a Callaway for my taste and the shafts they have in them may say Alidia NV but it has a much more flexiable tip and their stiff was super whippy. The club does feel nice whne you are hitting it and like all Cobras they are a few degrees closed if you have any slicing issues (these new ones are really closed). Not my taste in a driver but if you are looking for something a bit different that can help your game if your not very accurate off the tee you should give it a try.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I too was at GT over the weekend and had a quick look at the new Cobra drivers. That M/Speed model looked too weird at setup...with the offset and closed face. I would be afraid to hook big time with it. But if it cures the slice...who cares about the look.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    To each his own.Sound is nice but does not make any difference to me. The Cobra ss 290(hyper steel) has a different sound but it gets the job done. Same deal with closed face angles and offset. If it fits the bill go for it. Which brings me to the offset topic. Most people don't like offset drivers. But why? Looks? Image? All irons have some degree of offset in them and for most except the low handicappers offset is a good thing.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information