100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

Red face

Ok today was pushing it. I would like to claim to be a die hard, but foul weather i.e. rain (hate it, sticky, wet grips yuck), cold, high wind etc.
    However, today in Kingston, sunny, no wind, didn't care about temp. As I dream about another round this season, unbelievably I hear call waiting.
    After call with dear old mom, I take message, reading my mind it is a die hard friend asking if I would like to go.
    Tee'd off at 2:15. Finished at 4:45 in darkness, with 1 cm of snow everywhere.
    Temp -2.
    If this doesn't say cdn, I don't know what does.
    It was quiet, no snow first 9, light dusting last 9. Light flurry last hole, plus dark. If we hadn't hit straight drives we wouldn't have found them.
    I usually shoot low 80's. Shot 83.
    Suprising that I have improved to point that freezing cold, snow etc, can still shoot regular score.
    Anyone else out today? Weather here is sunny and 8 sunday, sunny and 9 monday.
    hmmmm?
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark
    Ok today was pushing it. I would like to claim to be a die hard, but foul weather i.e. rain (hate it, sticky, wet grips yuck), cold, high wind etc.
    However, today in Kingston, sunny, no wind, didn't care about temp. As I dream about another round this season, unbelievably I hear call waiting.
    After call with dear old mom, I take message, reading my mind it is a die hard friend asking if I would like to go.
    Tee'd off at 2:15. Finished at 4:45 in darkness, with 1 cm of snow everywhere.
    Temp -2.
    If this doesn't say cdn, I don't know what does.
    It was quiet, no snow first 9, light dusting last 9. Light flurry last hole, plus dark. If we hadn't hit straight drives we wouldn't have found them.
    I usually shoot low 80's. Shot 83.
    Suprising that I have improved to point that freezing cold, snow etc, can still shoot regular score.
    Anyone else out today? Weather here is sunny and 8 sunday, sunny and 9 monday.
    hmmmm?

You are truly Canadian! I would love to get out once more but it doesn't look like it will happen this year.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston

You are truly Canadian! I would love to get out once more but it doesn't look like it will happen this year.
    Thanks for the kudo's, and we all hate it when that fateful day arrives where we clean the clubs (well I do) and put them away for the winter. It is any day now for me.

I will say this, is there a greater feeling then the butterflies and excitement when the first course opens in Spring and you stand once again on the 1st tee!

almost makes you enjoy it more than the southern year rounders....almost!
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    is there a greater feeling then the butterflies and excitement when the first course opens in Spring and you stand once again on the 1st tee!
    Nothing like it. Even after 40+ years of playing the feeling is always the same.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    Nothing like it. Even after 40+ years of playing the feeling is always the same.
    Golf has a way of magically transporting you to your youth despite the aches and pains that come with age. Golf trully is the game for a lifetime and for all ages.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Time To Clean The Sticks One Last Time

Well the course I belong to is pulling the flags sometime tomorrow. Since I am back to work tomorrow I most likely played my last round of 2005 today. Actually 3 of us played 27 holes. So I finished the season with 148.5 rounds. Not bad at all
    All in all it was not a bad year, although I did not score quite as well as I did in 2004. But hey I am another year older, have more aches and pains But I know what I need to work on for next season so hopefully the magic touch comes back.
    One change will be the driver shaft so I can lower the ball flight and that is going to be looked after soon.

Hope every here had a good season, played as much as you could and that the grand old game of golf did not frustrate you too often!
    I am looking forward to next year already. Here's hoping that Ontario does not suffer through a long and cold winter.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Managed to get out for one last round today at Heritage Golf Course in Lancaster. Actually it was two rounds, as I showed up at 9:30 and played with a local and then hooked up with El Tigre for a second 18 at 1 p.m. Course was in good shape.
    Bit of a struggle on the first 18 but held it together for an 81. On the second 18 played much better for a 75. Nice way to finish the season.

Red face

Played in Amherstview outside kingston today, sunny 9 deg. Guy I barely know, was supposed to meet me, didn't show, he was pretty whew hew last night i.e. blitzed, so not suprised.
    Played well, two guys showed up to play, let me join them. They are close to scratch golfers, find i play much better with better players.

Tomorrow is same forecast sunny and 7. So will get out, then shut her down.
    Weather after monday is supposed to be several days in a row of zero temp with snow.
    Trying to push in another.
    cheers!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Played 27 holes today(Monday 21st) with gbower and Sphere Hunter, and in looking at the forecast for the next few days, the clubs could soon find themselves in their winter home.

We played the "Reward" game that I described a week or so ago, and it came down to the last shot on the last hole, with a birdie having to be made to win, after 3 excellent iron shots. It was.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Sure hate seeing the season come to an end but it was a great way to end it. Now to work on things over the winter and get ready for some Florida golf in Feb. The reward game is something I should have learned a long time ago as score means nothing and the good shots work. Helped to slow me down a lot although the brutal shots still sneak in.
    Have a great winter everyone.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    looks like it's going to be in the low 30's for highs for the rest of the week, I have a funny feeling that outside golf is all but over, especially since I have no more vacation days to take off if it does get above 40 degrees. So now it's back to the winter schedule: Inside golf league, hitting into a screen. played harbortown last week and shot one over. I hated the course though, I couldn't swing my driver except on about 3 holes, it was lay up with this, lay up with that, blah, blah, blah. I've been practicing about 10 hours a week in the golf dome, (inside driving range) Not thinking about anything except rhythm, timing and balance. I feel that's the secret to consistancy, and that's the only way I can really improve as old as I am. Those plus index numbers aren't that easy to come by. I'm just curious if you have any indoor facilities up there in Canada where you can practice without freezing your private parts off.

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower
    Helped to slow me down a lot although the brutal shots still sneak in.
    I didn't see you hit a single "brutal" shot. You are way too hard on yourself. You were a few inches from beating our club champ. Only positives can be drawn from this experience. Have fun… always.
    SH

Red face

Played again today, it was warm enough but strong wind. I finally beat 80 this year, 3 times, on a course in grand bend I know very well.

Here in kingston, however, have never beat 80 on Amherstview G.C.C.
    Played 9 alone, then tagged up with someone I know (a little). Good player, friendly, kept things light.
    He can keep track in his head ( I can't). Told him I didn't want to look at card, when I know a score I need, I fall apart badly.

He smiled at me after par 5 finish and said congrats you shot 77 I believe. I said ha ha, might have broke 80, sure enough 39/38.

Cannot believe it. Some here are consistently near par but for me this has been such a break through year.
    Shooting my best score ever, blue tees, cold, windy. I just can't believe it!!! cheers

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    looks like it's going to be in the low 30's for highs for the rest of the week, I have a funny feeling that outside golf is all but over, especially since I have no more vacation days to take off if it does get above 40 degrees. So now it's back to the winter schedule: Inside golf league, hitting into a screen. played harbortown last week and shot one over. I hated the course though, I couldn't swing my driver except on about 3 holes, it was lay up with this, lay up with that, blah, blah, blah. I've been practicing about 10 hours a week in the golf dome, (inside driving range) Not thinking about anything except rhythm, timing and balance. I feel that's the secret to consistancy, and that's the only way I can really improve as old as I am. Those plus index numbers aren't that easy to come by. I'm just curious if you have any indoor facilities up there in Canada where you can practice without freezing your private parts off.
    Couple places ironmaster. See for yourself. This one is in ottawa.

http://www.coliseum.ca/golf.php
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Shooting my best score ever, blue tees, cold, windy. I just can't believe it!!! cheers
    That's fantastic, congratulations! I too have had some of my best scores this month, though not breaking 80. That's next year's goal for me. It was hard this year with the little guy coming at the end of June, hopefully next year I'll be able to get out a bit more and put some consistency into my game.

I played my last round today at Falcon Ridge, they said that today was their last day as well. I was up all last night with my teething son, ended up wrenching my back somehow, but I still made it out. I played terrible, not the worst round of the year but up there, but it was still fun. I tried to focus on the shots I did make, not the ones I didn't, and I'm going to try and carry those feelings through the offseason. I hope to try Golf-o-max this year, maybe get some work in at an indoor dome when it truly gets desperate.

Ah well, let it snow! The earlier the hills open for skiing, the easier golf's offseason will be to take. Got to get out of the igloo....

[quote=spackler]I was up all last night with my teething son,quote]

Thanks for the kind congrats and kudos to your idea to carry the good feelings through. It will have you start next year on a positive note.
    P.s. new kid responsibilies are major, any single friends without them have to spot you a couple strokes when competing next year! cheers!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Congrats, Sharkhart, that's a great score. especially for this time of year. That will give you something to lift you through the winter during your practice sessions. Maybe there'll be a 75 in your future next season!!!!!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213
    Congrats, Sharkhart, that's a great score. especially for this time of year. That will give you something to lift you through the winter during your practice sessions. Maybe there'll be a 75 in your future next season!!!!!
    Appreciate it!

Thread Information