CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Ottawa Citizen Amateur Golf Championship-Second Round

Tuesday, July 10, 2001

Media Advisory

Ottawa ~ Round 2 of the Ottawa Citizen Amateur Golf Championship presented by the Buick Dealers of Ottawa-Hull will be held at Stonebridge Golf and Country Club in Manotick, on Wednesday, July 11th, 2001.

Michael Walker of the Outaouais leads the Amateur Tournament after having shot a 69, 1 under par during Round 1. Scott Johnson and Larry Lucas both shot a 75, 5 over par and are tied for second. Three players are tied for third, at 7 over par. All 144 golfers will participate in Round 2.

For Round 3, the field will be reduced to 72 golfers (plus ties) to be held at the Camelot Golf and Country Club on July 23rd. Only 36 golfers (plus ties) will compete in Championship Round 4 at Eagle Creek Golf Club on July 30th. The Amateur Champion will hold the best cumulative gross score of the four rounds of competition.

Round 2 tee time is set for 7am. Golfers will play in threesomes teeing off at 10 minute intervals.

Top 2 From The Outaouais Golf Club

Ottawa Citizen Amateur Golf Championship Presented by the Buick Dealers of Ottawa-Hull

Thursday, July 12, 2001

Media Release

Ottawa ~ Round 2 of the Ottawa Citizen Amateur Golf Championship presented by the Buick Dealers of Ottawa-Hull at Stonebridge Golf and Country Club proved to be exciting!

Michael Walker of the Outaouais Golf Club was leading by 6 strokes going into today’s round. He shot a 77, 6+ over par for a cumulative score of 146. Larry Lucas, also of the Outaouais Golf Club, stands alone in second place, after shooting a 76, for a cumulative score of 151. 4 other golfers are all within 8 strokes of the leader. Only 72 golfers (plus ties) have qualified for Round 3, to be played on July 23rd at Camelot Golf and Country Club.

Feedback on the amateur tournament, thus far, has been extremely positive. Players have expressed their approval with the depth of field and the course selection, in turn, providing an excellent tournament experience. "As a sponsor, I was pleasantly surprised to have participants approach me and thank the Buick Dealers of Ottawa-Hull for supporting a local golf initiative of this caliber," stated Buick Dealers Representative Mr. Jim Low. "And clearly, the local Buick Dealers are very pleased that the quality of this inaugural event is consistent with the quality of the Buick brand."

36 golfers (plus ties) will compete in Championship Round 4 at Eagle Creek Golf Club on July 30th. The Amateur Champion will hold the best cumulative gross score of the four rounds of competition.

Official Results After Game 2 - Wednesday, July 11th, 2001 - Stonebridge

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Smile excellent... tx

.....so....

you don't have an opinion about whether ALL the participants really play to a 10 or better?

spidey

Hehehe.
    Not when they must follow ALL the rules to the letter.

These folks are not used to the preassures in a tournament such as this, and there is no ESC repairing damage done to a round by the inevitable blowups. Also, gimmies are allowed in handicapping. Some of them probably have not had to actually make a two footer in years.

I too am suprised at some of the high scores reported, but heck, they are under a LOT of preassure here to play well. I give them all high marks for effort.

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

...partly agreed

Yes, I'm with you on A-for effort.

I certainly wish the best for them, and I sympathize with their plight...

spidey

er... zipit

jbwoo9

Ott. Citizen Amateur - 2nd round

Was wondering why Brian Jones' score which was the best of the day 72 not recognized by the writers and that he presently in 3rd place.

Thread Information