53 43.80%
  • 59-74

40 33.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Scores

BlackdoG

Best Scores

I achieved my goal of breaking into the 70s on Saturday with a 77, and followed it up today with a 79 at Vieux Moulins . What are the best scores that everyone has shot?

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    I think I just had my best ever golf weekend with two career-best games. I shot a 91 at Calabogie in the oppressive heat and humidity from the tips in a match play round against a guy whose handicap is about 9 less than me (I'm a 17, he's an 8). Straight match play, no handicap and he won 2up on the 18th green. He shot an 84 and if it hadn't been for two bad luck holes (both par-5's on the front) I'd be there with him stroke for stroke.

I also beat my all-time low score of 84 with an 83 at Mountain Creek in a friendly game on Sunday. Shot a 41 on the front and had visions of 79 dancing through my head (I've had several 38s on the back) but bogeyed the first 5 holes, effectively dashing my chance.

The 91 has to be the best quality game and at 6,800 yards with all the pressure against an opponent with arguably higher skill level. I'm on a golf high and am loving every minute of it!

Can't wait for holidays in 4 weeks. Then it's three weeks of glorious golf time!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    76 at Casselview.....talk about being in the zone for me!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    72 at Hautes Plaines with a 33 in the front.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Made my best score of 97 at Gatineau last Friday. Still learning the game and making good progress this year. If I can stop myself before making silly errors then I think I could be in the low 90s high 80s by the end of the season.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I think the bottom two categories should be split up, there is a great variance between someone whose best ever score on a par 71 or better is 84 to someone who had a 75. Thats the difference between a 4 handicap and a 12. Ditto for the 59-74 range.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I think it is pretty amazing that most people on here are in the 59-74 range! I also agree with the above post that mid 80's is completely different then mid 70's and under par is just another level on its own.
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    I think it is pretty amazing that most people on here are in the 59-74 range!
    It is awe inspiring for me to imagine a round in the 59-74 range. Those of you who clicked on that option would probably beat my personal best with just your golf umbrella and a putter. Still, it means I have many years of targets ahead of me to try and reach.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Don't forget, this was asking for BEST scores ever.

Back when I was good, I shot a string of consecutive rounds in the mid to low 70's, then went away to school and stopped playing regularly until recently.

I haven't scored like that in a while, but am slowly working my way back. As was pointed out earlier, it's a big difference between shooting mid to low 80's and mid 70's.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    As the numbers drop, each stroke gets harder to shave off. You go in leaps and bounds, and then it seems that no matter how much better you play, strokes come off very slowly. So slowly that you always know you can play better. You will have the round of your life, and then afterwards bemoan the ones that you left out there.

Gotta love a game that can mess with you like that.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Best score on a course of par 71 or higher was a 73 at Pineview last fall. Best score ever was a 71 this year at Mountain Creek. When I walked to my ball to hit my approach shot, the dreaded brain kicked in. I thought to myself "If I hit this close I have a shot at 69". Of course I hit my shot fat just short of the fringe, chipped up to about 8ft and lipped out for par to shoot 70 (even par) for the day. Couldn't believe I played that well and like Dan said, real tough to get back to that number. Best score since has been a couple of 75s.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I've shot 70 (-2) five times. Twice with chances to shoot 69 or better going to the final hole, and one of those was an eagle putt that lipped out. But, it's been a couple of years since I last did it. I'm not getting to play enough, and it's reflected in my recent scores. Frustrating for sure, but I'm not going to stop trying.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Lob Wedge loopie is on a distinguished road

My best score ever was 92 at Smiths Falls golf and cc a few years ago. The closest I've come to that since has been a few 96's. My game was getting a lot better, now I'm not so sure.

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    An 86 last Friday (in the heat) at Cloverdale , then a 90 (in the heat again) at Meadows (West 48-North 42) you've gotta love that #6 North!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TA 845
    then a 90 (in the heat again) at Meadows (West 48-North 42) you've gotta love that #6 North!
    Especially if you went for it in 2
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Especially if you went for it in 2
    Played it safe this time & made par, won't complain about that!

Putter dutchie is on a distinguished road
    Golf is a strange game, for a few years I normally have a score of 88-93.
    This year is different, in the spring it was difficult to play under 100 and I did not know what I did different from the previous years.
    Two weeks ago at Manderley I had a 78, my lowest ever and last weekend I played at Emerald links an 80 and I do not know what I do different from a couple of months ago.
    When the scores go down you don't really care.

Managed to lower the best score to 95 this weekend. My playing partner was amazed that I hadn't shot in the 80s because I was playing so well. I lost most of my strokes from hitting too far (which is unlike me) going over greens and getting into trouble spots. I think my swing and contact is much better and now I will have to re-assess the average distance for each club.

I missed an easy putt on the 18th for a 94, which would have moved me to the 85-94 bracket of the poll. Still, onwards and upwards.

Fairway Junkie dasnutz is on a distinguished road dasnutz's Avatar
    72 at Emerald Links (East-South)

40 on the East, 32 on the South

Driver bazooka Don is on a distinguished road
    Had a 70 on the back nine at Oaks of Cobden on the weekend. Anything that could go wrong did go wrong. Came back Monday shot a 48 on the front nine at nationview then i broke my driver and ended up with a 56 on the back nine.

Lob Wedge jmayo16 is on a distinguished road jmayo16's Avatar
    i've shot 79 twice at canadian and 77 at cedar hill. Im 14 so i still got better games ahead

9 Iron putterking is on a distinguished road
    Had my best score ever on Friday at Mountain Creek. 41 - 34 for 75. Bogeyed the 18th. It was choke factor 9 on the scale.

Lob Wedge Wrexxer is on a distinguished road
    My best game was last year a 79 at kingsway felt like I was shooting in the 60's tho I felt like I couldn't miss! I also had 40 putts so the rest of the game was near perfect!! well for me I mean...

came close a couple of times this year... but I also shot 91 last week, shows my inconsitentcy!

bbad
    Had a -4 going into 18 at Talon. A friend of mine on eight called over and asked how things were going...one of my "buddies" said, I'm 4 under.....

You my as well gave me a bottle of exlax, cause I posted a 9 on 18 for an even par 72...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH

Still have never broken the 70 barrier...Have posted -2 at least a half a dozen times...Oh what a GREAT game.
    Last edited by bbad; 09-26-2005 at 09:21 PM.

2 Iron BOMBER is on a distinguished road
    This is a very interesting poll but can be misleading. Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but the difference from shooting a 71 at Pineview, to a 71 at Eagle Creek is HUGE. My best round was 73 at Eagle Creek in a game my buddy and I finished before dark and started at 4PM. It was a quick round to say the least, but I played well.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Best score was this year at Les Vieux Moulins, from the tips which isn't saying much at that course. Not too long. Birdied all the par fives for a one over 73. Choked on my eagle putt on 18 for the first even par round for me. Yarghhhhhh.

Lob Wedge jmayo16 is on a distinguished road jmayo16's Avatar

Thumbs down 75

i shot 75 at canadian a week ago and bogied the last 3 holes. Talk about choking!

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    71 (-1) at Fontainebleau last year from the blue tees (6690 yds, par 72, rating 71.8, slope 131)

I reached all par 5s in two except for #5 - made birdies on all of them (except for #5 again - bogey instead).

Drove pin-high on #2 - 320 yds - Birdie
    Three-putted #15 for bogey
    Pitched in from 60 yds on #16 for an eagle.
    Missed a 3-footer for birdie on #17
    Bogeyed #18 after hitting a sky-high drive

All in all an excellent round but could have been a 67-68 easy.

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackdoG
    I achieved my goal of breaking into the 70s on Saturday with a 77, and followed it up today with a 79 at Vieux Moulins . What are the best scores that everyone has shot?
    66, -6 at Lake Hefner South in Oklahoma City way back in 1984, to produce a nice win in the city Interclub Championship.

Lob Wedge Snoopy is on a distinguished road
    Earlier this year at Mountain Creek, I went into #18 not knowing my score... I hit a perfect 3 iron to the left of the second water hazard. From there, I proceeded to pull hook a wormburner into the creek on the left - the creek never even entered my mind, it is so far left! Anyway, dropped, then hit a poor wedge, then a poor chip, and two putted for a triple bogey 7. I was thrilled when I counted up my score and realized I still managed a lifetime best 82! As happy as I am about that, I kick myself with the realization that had I parred #18 I would have shot a 79!

Thread Information