CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter golffreaks is on a distinguished road

El Cid Golf & Country Club (Mexico)

El Cid has 39 hole course. Marina , Moro ans Castilla Courses. All courses run right beside the ocean. Best time to visit Mexico and play this beautiful golf course is January to March. The weather is not to hot to enjoy the round. My husband & I went 10 months ago to Mexico and enjoy every hole. When playing you receive a caddy who is very helpfull with every shot you do. Putting is a challenge for it is hard to read the greens. Watch out for wild life roaming the tee boxes. Marina Course is made up of 2 par 5's, 5 par 4's and 2 par 3's. Hole #3 is a full lenght par 4 and is the toughest hole on the Marina. A large lake guards the right side of it's narrow fairway, which seems like a madnet since the wind blows and the fairway rolls in that direction. Only one long & slim bunker sits on the left side, very close to the OB line. A par on this hole will feel as well as a birdie.
    Moro Course is made up of the same par levels. Hole #8 is the most difficult and challenging hole in the whole course. This dogleg to the right par 5 has a lake in front of the tee box, which even good players must hit their tee shot solid to make it across & straight to reach the narrow landing area. The fairway is well tree lined on both sides. Do not underestimate the direction of the wind. Stay off the right side on the approach shots or there will be no chance to have a clear view of the green on the next one. The medium sized green is well protected by two bunkers on its sides. Do not over club the approach shot. A par on this hole feels as good as a birdie aswell.
    Castilla course has hole #8. This full length, into the wind par 3 is the most difficult on this side. The fairway is wide and well tree lined, but the slighly mounded green is well protected by bunkers in front and to the sides. Stay away from the hugh rubber tree that sit on the waste bunker on the right. Take extra club on the tee shot.
    El Cid is a great place. I highly suggest visiting there if you ever go to enjoy a great vaccation.
    Marnie
    [URL="http://www.golffreaks.com"] Golf Components[/URL]

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I stayed at the El Cid Marina on my sister's sailboat a few years back, It was before I took up golf as a serious hobby, but I did enjoy looking at the course.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Thread Information