CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

2007 President's Cup

Just wondering if anybody else is planning on going to this event in Montreal? I just picked up my tickets this morning for the Sunday single matches. $75 US per ticket. Not too bad. They have some week long packages for $200 and $300 with prices going up in 2006 apparently.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Yeah, I was planning on going for the Sunday singles as well. Are they tickets available online?
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Just go to www.Presidentscup.com and look in the bottom left corner for 2007 tickets.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    Done and done, I just bought 4 tickets for Sunday

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up. I just bought 2 for Sunday. My wife and I will be going. I expect we'll stay Sat and Sun night somewhere and make a big weekend of it! Time to start browsing for accomodations, and golf for Saturday and or Monday!
    My pard at RM Golf (Montreal) - Paul Simard will set us up with golf at a discount, but it's a long way off so let's look at our options and pick something special.

This will be so cool!

Dan keep me informed. Maybe a round early Sat would doable for me. The lady friend will be coming as well and maybe her sister and boyfriend (also a golfer). We plan on making a weekend out of it as well but don't think we'll be staying Sun, probably Fri and Sat. LMK

Lots of time. Almost 2 years! LOL
    We can make this a weekend to remember!

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Wow, Dan is pumped! I too will be making it to this event, but, will Weir??? Let all hope!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I think Weir will have to unfortunately buy tickets like us. But he'll probably be a captain's pick
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    thanks for the info on this. I think I will plan to take my dad who is retiring right around then and its also his birthday Sept 24th......
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    I ordered 4 x week-long badges and bought them with my credit card. I got them about a month ago, but the charge has not yet shown up on my credit card. Anyone else have this happen to them? Is this because they don't mail out the tickets until just a few months prior? I have a confirmation number and everything so I'm not too worried.

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    If you look on the site they will not charge anyone until they have finalised the pricing. Once this has happened they will contact everyone to confirm the purchases.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrace
    I ordered 4 x week-long badges and bought them with my credit card. I got them about a month ago, but the charge has not yet shown up on my credit card. Anyone else have this happen to them? Is this because they don't mail out the tickets until just a few months prior? I have a confirmation number and everything so I'm not too worried.

They actually sent you your tickets/ I thought they were not mailing them out until 45 days prior?

I suppose it's an official confirmation card they are sending out. Good to have something in hand to confirm your reservations.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    what if you purchased now and tickets are delivered few weeks prior, will the price be charged differently if there's a price increase? So technically, this is more of reserving tickets..

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    You are reserving your tickets, they will give you the final price 3 weeks after you reserve. You then say yes or no. They will then ship you the tickets 45 days prior to the tourny. I know I'll be there!

The price is $75 for a Sunday ticket if you buy (reserve) it now. They mentioned "final price which will include applicable taxes". A bit odd, but tax application can be a real pain when you consider how pst and gst is applied to interprovincial and international orders. I guess they are doing it manually.

I expect tickets (if available at all) will be higher priced if you order next year.

"Contact you within the next three weeks with confirmation" Since I already have my confirmation number I expect I'll get something in the mail. Tickets themseves will not be sent out until 45 days before the event.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    They actually sent you your tickets/ I thought they were not mailing them out until 45 days prior?
    Sorry Denny, I just realized what I wrote. No, I did not actually get the tickets. I should have wrote that I bought the tickets (or so I thought). What I did get was an e-mail confirmation with the price, order number, etc. It was $800 + a $16 (i think) administration/handling fee. Something like an electronic invoice I guess, with all prices in US dollars. I don't remember anything about them "finalising" or "adjusting" the price after the fact. I was under the assumption that I was paying $816 US for four week long passes.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    w00t ordered my 2 Sunday tickets today

why is 2007 so far away

Well, I ordered a couple of tickets for the Sunday singles as well - will be going with my brother. Probably make a weekend of it as well and play La Cite or Casselview or somewhere on the Saturday. Perhaps we could have a similar event (Ontario vs Quebec??) and/or team up with Reidfest for a Canada vs. US thing. Long ways off, so lots of time to come up with ideas.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Just wondering if anyone out there can recommend any hotels around the area. That is if they're not all booked already. Trying to avoid staying right in Montreal and driving all the way out to the course. Thanks

I'm sure most of us have heard but just in case, the 2007 President's Cup has been pushed back one week. http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/p.../story/9031019

Still no answer to my accommodations question, eh? Bueller??? Bueller???

I just got this... No problem for us, we did not reserve rooms yet.
    Dear Presidents Cup Ticket Purchaser,
    Thank you for ordering tickets to The Presidents Cup 2007. Due to scheduling issues, the dates of the tournament have been moved to September
    25 - 30, 2007. This new date is one week later than was originally announced. Your reservation at this discounted price has been received, however, you will need to place your revised order due to this date change.
    You must reorder your discounted tickets by going to the special link below which is reserved for those who made orders previously. Your previous order will NOT be processed. Please note there will be a price increase to the general public on March 1, 2006.

Tickets will be mailed in August of 2007 to the address you provide. If the address should change please contact us with the revision. You must reorder via this website link above or your ticket reservation will be cancelled. Please place your reorder no later than April 1, 2006.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you enjoy the tournament.
    Best Regards,

The 2007 Presidents Cup Staff

Thanks for the update Dan, tickets re-ordered.

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    So did I... ordered more tickets this time too

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar

Ile Bizard

Just wondering if anyone out there can recommend any hotels around the area. That is if they're not all booked already. Trying to avoid staying right in Montreal and driving all the way out to the course. Thanks
    the Royal Montreal is located on Ile Bizard. I've played the St-Raphael course which is very near by, and I used to live in Montreal. I don't think there are any hotels within walking distance, but its not that far from the airport (Dorval). I also think that Cahteau Cartier-looking hotel just before you get onto the island of Montreal is not as far as you might think, and its closer to Ottawa, and may be cheaper. The tournament is at Royal Montreal, isn't it?

Just idle thoughts from a bored man.

Thanks for the info. BTW, I have not recieved an e-mail or anything like Dan recieved. Has anyone else?

Thanks for the info. BTW, I have not recieved an e-mail or anything like Dan recieved. Has anyone else?
    I haven't received anything either.

I recieved my email, but didn't look in my email until Dan posted the heads up. In your junk mail maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    I recieved my email, but didn't look in my email until Dan posted the heads up. In your junk mail maybe?
    Nope, just checked. I have a confirmation number, so the price should be guaranteed. Since I'm moving at the end of the month, I opted to pick up the tickets onsite rather than getting them shipped. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Thread Information