100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road

Lofts and Distance-splain please

I recently traded in my set of DCI blacks(10 years +) for a set of Taylormade RAC LT's.Both are cavity back cast clubs with DG s300 shafts. The new set have significantly less loft ie. DCI PW is 48 degrees and RAC's PW is 46 degrees. Should I not see a difference in trajectory and distance?

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by clankoffdatee
    I recently traded in my set of DCI blacks(10 years +) for a set of Taylormade RAC LT's.Both are cavity back cast clubs with DG s300 shafts. The new set have significantly less loft ie. DCI PW is 48 degrees and RAC's PW is 46 degrees. Should I not see a difference in trajectory and distance?
    It all depends on what the lofts were on your old irons.
    This past summer I bought a used set of Wishon 550C irons. The first couple of rounds I played with them I came up short on a few wedge shots, from distances I know I can hit a wedge from. My other set of irons are TaylorMade 200's. Sooooooooo I get on the net, check the lofts of the Wishons against the lofts of the 200's. Lo and behold the Wishons are different, less loft on the wedge through to the 6 iron. The 3-5 irons are only one degree difference. The TM's have the stronger lofts, the Wishon's have the old standard lofts from irons made years ago. No wonder I was coming up short! Plus the TM's have inch longer shafts, which makes a big difference as well.
    What you should do is see if you can find the lofts for your old irons and compare them to the LT's. Might give you some idea of how far you can hit the LT's. IMO the LT's should be a little bit longer than your old irons.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information