CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 67's Couture

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

67's Couture

I recall when Ottawa drafted Logan Couture that some of you were concerned about his attitude etc. I remember saying he would be just fine and would turn out to be a good player.
    So far he has done just that. I watched him against London two weeks ago and he had a ton of ice time, killed penalties, played on the PP and scored a goal. He certainly did not look out of place.
    Ottawa got a great pick there, I honestly think Logan will be one of the better players in the league, maybe not in his rookie year but eventually he will be right there amongst the top players in the OHL.

Speaking of top players, Dave Bolland and Rob Schremp are on fire! Schrempie comes back from Edmontons training camp, last cut made and in 6 games has 28 points London's PP is right back on track from last years team.

Should be an interesting year in the OHL with the new rules in place. Like the NHL the ice has opened up a little more, average goals per game has gone up. Gotta love that.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

In the Zone psniddy is on a distinguished road
    I know the people this kid lives with and I can tell you that he is everything you would want your teenager to be. He is not the spoiled kid that the media portrayed him to be.
    As for his on ice play he is in my opinion he would be a top 3 player on just about any junior team in the country since at 16 he already knows how to play in his own end and can win important face offs.
    Another thing, if you watch you will see him get hacked all game but never take stupid penalties. Mark my words, he will be the best palyer in junior hockey by the time he is 18.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by psniddy
    I know the people this kid lives with and I can tell you that he is everything you would want your teenager to be. He is not the spoiled kid that the media portrayed him to be.
    As for his on ice play he is in my opinion he would be a top 3 player on just about any junior team in the country since at 16 he already knows how to play in his own end and can win important face offs.
    Another thing, if you watch you will see him get hacked all game but never take stupid penalties. Mark my words, he will be the best palyer in junior hockey by the time he is 18.
    Last season as a 15 year old rookie playing for our local JR B team in St Thomas Logan was one of the best forwards for coming back and playing in his own end. He took his fair share of hacks and never took stupid penalties.
    As the year progressed he gain more confidence and was one of top players on that team when the playoffs rolled around. He got a little meaner as the season progressed too
    Best thing that ever happened to Logan? Oshawa choosing not to take him first overall. He is now with a far better coaching staff. Would have been nice if he was with the Knights though
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information