100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road

ping fitment centers

: just wondering if anyone has any more info...i talked to the pro at carleton golf and yatch club..its supposed to be a ping fitment center..and wanted to get fitted for the new ping steel driver..anyway i wa told that there would ba a $60 buck an hour for this fitting process, which would be waived if i bought the club from him...
    my question is..i thought the ping club fitting was supposed to be a free of charge service for someone who was interested in buying these clubs..
    anyone else been told there is a charge for club
    fitting or is this guy trying to make some extra
    cash here..i have emailed ping with the question
    as well..when i bought my ping irons i was fitted
    for free, then evenutally i bought the irons..
    any comments????
    does anyone else know of another fitting center???

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Lightbulb Ping Fitters in Ottawa

PING fitters lookup

Click the link at the bottom for 'Fitters/Demo', and in the popup click on the Canadian flag.

Valid Postal Codes for the Ottawa Area are K0, K1, K2, K4 and the Hull Area are J8, J9 and J0.

Good luck
    spidey

RulesNut Gary Hill is on a distinguished road Gary Hill's Avatar
    Meadows Golf Club has a Titleist fitting center. Kevin Haime Golf Center has a fitting center also (not sure what brand).

As far as I know they all charge for the fitting. It takes quite a long time to properly fit a shaft (over two hours in my case). Some places may waive the fitting fee if you actually buy the clubs.

wahz
    There has always been a charge for the fitting. It is standard for the customer to be charged for the fitting, and then the cost of the fitting will be deducted off the price. If you belong to a private club, there's a good chance you won't see the charge and then the deduction on your bill from the pro shop. Reason being: The proshop doesn't need such detailed paper work, after all...it's only paper work.
    But i agree, it was wrong for the pro at carleton not to advice you about the charge.

wahz
    If you go to a place like Chuck Brown's, they will fit you for free, as a service they offer. But it is not an extensive fitting system as the fitting carts.

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Thumbs up Club fitting

There was a good article in Flagstick Golf Magazine, July 2001, on club fitting. Worth reading if you're considering being fitted for new clubs.

5 Wood hx101 is on a distinguished road
    From experience, especially for PING stuff, i would recommend a place that carry's a lot of different combinations, especially the choice of shaft's and hosel positions that PING offers. I got one of their Tsi drivers, and was trying every combination, however, I was in Florida..... lol

Thread Information