+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Outaouais

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Outaouais

Just wondering if anyone has played it recently, i'm heading up on Saturday.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    It's well worth the money. One of the nicest course around. They punched the greens a couple of weeks ago but they're growing back in.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Played it for the first time today and I was very impressed. Greens are only showing the remnants of being punched. They were punching 16 fairway today. Super course.

Hybrid clankoffdatee is on a distinguished road

outaoais

Awesome.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Outaouais

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Played it for the first time today and I was very impressed. Greens are only showing the remnants of being punched. They were punching 16 fairway today. Super course.
    Hey Dan, want to buy my Share..... might get converted to a Club Link membership with any luck after Thursday Nov 10th Shareholders meeting!

Par stinger is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BobL
    Hey Dan, want to buy my Share..... might get converted to a Club Link membership with any luck after Thursday Nov 10th Shareholders meeting!

what's this, clublink trying to buy OUtaouais????

Outaouais

Quote Originally Posted by stinger
    what's this, clublink trying to buy OUtaouais????
    They have been sniffing around for about a year now is my understanding. The share holders at Outaouais have been called to an 'emergency' meeting this Thursday night to discuss the financial situation at the club....

I'm a shareholder and I just got a notice in the mail that raises my annual dues to the same as a regular member (go figure!).

Rumor has it that Club Link wants to buy us out. I hope its true because Outaouais is a great track! I've been there for about 12 years and it plays different almost every game, especially with the addition of the new 9 hole course.

Hopefully, I get something out of my share if it does go down the tubes!

B

Oh my, yet another rumour. Nothing more than a possibility at this point, but then again, anything is possible.

Not to be a nay-sayer; I have no doubt that fine courses like this and others are on the short list of Club Link. Nothing is more than a rumour until a deal is signed. We here at OG have seen a LOT of ClubLink acquisition rumors that never came to be.

Outaouais

Oh my, yet another rumour. Nothing more than a possibility at this point, but then again, anything is possible.

Not to be a nay-sayer; I have no doubt that fine courses like this and others are on the short list of Clublink. Nothing is more than a rumour untill a deal is signed. We here at OG have seen a LOT of rumours that never came to be.
    I hear ya Dan....

That is one of many circulating around the club. I get a new one every day from other members!

Its safe to say that the club is in big trouble financially and something has to break before the strat of next season. Its a crying shame, such a magnificent course and so many issues (unless you are a green fee player and then you are treated like royalty!)

Personally I think we will come out of the other end, but there are just so many courses around Ottawa now that the competition is tough. I remember when there was a waiting list a mile long to become a member, now all they ask you for is $1000. initiation (a special to attract new members) which has devalued my share a great deal! Grrrrrrrrr

B

Iniatiation and or lifetime meberships / shares are only a bargain in a perfect case scenario. Laying out tons of cash in future value is always a gamble. Great if the buisness plan works, but it sucks if you get vortexed

1 Iron Daft_driver is on a distinguished road
    After playing the South and West nines last week, I am having a hard time figuring out what everyone is raving about. It's a nice course, but the conditions leave alot to be desired.

Alot of the greens were really rough and one of the them was closed with a temporary green, Poplar Grove-style.
    And I have never seen an astro-turf tee box on a par 3, regardless of how bad the box was damaged.
    How they can be asking 50$ in high season is beyond me.

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Daft_driver
    After playing the South and West nines last week, I am having a hard time figuring out what everyone is raving about. It's a nice course, but the conditions leave alot to be desired.

Alot of the greens were really rough and one of the them was closed with a temporary green, Poplar Grove-style.
    And I have never seen an astro-turf tee box on a par 3, regardless of how bad the box was damaged.
    How they can be asking 50$ in high season is beyond me.
    Astroturf tee box? Where was that? I played there a few times this season and conditions were always very good - even the new nine that was only open for a year in June. Greens were always good - true and fast. Maybe conditions are off just because its November.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Its November..I have playe dthere about 10 times... usually in great shape..

1 Iron Daft_driver is on a distinguished road
    #8 elevated par 3. Astro-turf, no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by powerlefty
    Astroturf tee box? Where was that? I played there a few times this season and conditions were always very good - even the new nine that was only open for a year in June. Greens were always good - true and fast. Maybe conditions are off just because its November.

93LE
    Yup I saw it too, it was weird. I felt like I was at the range as I tee'd off. I've never had the "pleasure" of hitting off fake grass, even at places like Pineview. And I agree, it is a decent course, but nothing nearly as good as people rave about. For my $50, courses like Le Sorcier and Emerald Links put it to shame.

Outaouais

Iniatiation and or lifetime meberships / shares are only a bargain in a perfect case scenario. Laying out tons of cash in future value is always a gamble. Great if the buisness plan works, but it sucks if you get vortexed
    Dan...

In this case it might work out just fine..... but if it doesn't then yup, it sucks big time.

Hopefully the rumor is true and Clublink comes in with an offer us 'owners' can't refuse.....

Outaouais

Quote Originally Posted by Daft_driver
    #8 elevated par 3. Astro-turf, no joke.
    I am a member at Outaouais and believe me, we aren't pleased about it either.. but because of the trees around the tee, the tee box just doesn't hold up. Plans are in the works to move the tee box to give it more air and sun for next year. Believe me, with the large tournamnets they host of 'non-golfers' that tee box takes quite a beating on Monday's and Fridays!

B

Thumbs down Last of the ole

I gotta weigh in on this one. I absolutely love this course especially the ole course and would hate to see this happen. 15 and 16 are two of the best holes in the city.What a shame that would be. What went wrong there?Did they have to build an additional 9 to please their members and their complaints of too many tournaments?Did the members run the ship for too long? Used to be you couldn't get on this course.I played there many times this year for $30+-!! Even with a sheet of plywood as a tee box on 17 it would still be the best deal in the city. An awesome course and it could be a terrible loss.

Personally I am not a fan of Clublinks approach and to corporate golf. How can someone justify $10k with no equity plus yearly dues and bar tabs just for the "priviledge" to play other courses and still have no say.IMHO their courses are way overrated especially the value for the dollar in Ottawa. What happens next?

Clank....

We changed the club Management this year after 35 years.... I can't say for sure what happened but lets just say expenses far out weight revenue! The new 9 was to give us more playing time and you are right, it is a fabulous club for both fgeen fee and members alike. Yes, there are a few 'popcorn' holes like 9 South and 10 west but aside from that, it is a great course to play. I think it was the best deal for your money around Ottawa.

I guess I will find out tonight what the options are for us, it will still exist for sure but I am just not sure in what form and if my share in the club will be worth anything.

I will keep you posted...

B

contd

I wish you the best Bob L.!It would be a damn shame to lose this course to "The Corporation".I already lost one of my regular tracks (Dome) to those guys.
    I know quite a few members there and they have all echoed your thoughts about the new manager this year and the changes.I came very close to joining myself but decided not to because of the tournament factor.Surely there must be a way to save this course.

Par stinger is on a distinguished road
    Sorry about being curious since this is none of my business, but I'm intrigued to know what happened at the shareholders' meeting.
    Thanks

2 Iron guyfrompei is on a distinguished road guyfrompei's Avatar

Clublink

I've recently heard from a very good source that CL is indeed very close to finializing the deal and that Outaouais will be the next Ottawa region ClubLink course. It sounds as though only the details need to be worked out at this point. I hope it is going to happen.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I really can't stand ClubLink.

Just rumors for now. As always, these rumours come and go. We'll see.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I really can't stand ClubLink.
    Just asking but why?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

acethewolf

Smile clublink member here

played probably my last round today on talon. great course and was alot of fun to play. yeah, i have through a *read* reliable source that it is going to happen. this is excellent as Clublink must expand in the Ottawa region in order for them to be successful. I can't wait until they gobble up a few of the others. i don't want to stir the pot , but let's face it, Clublink WILL acquire a course, its just a matter of time!

Just asking but why?
    Probably because they are taking away some of the better public access courses and charging large initiation fees for memberships that have no equity.
    Few object to them developing new properties or acquiring courses that are already private, but when I can't play a course like the Dome, that I used to play frequently, I know what he means.
    Of course ClubLink members will like it. It's another nice course in their coral. Nothing wrong with that from their perspective. Lord knows they are paying for it.

8 Iron MrMulligan is on a distinguished road

Talking Clublink rocks!

I don't understand the anti-Clublink sentiment . The fact that we can play 26 different golf courses and not have to pay green fees is a real downer . Fact is this, aside from a few golf courses in Ottawa that charge in the $50-$125 range, there are no courses that are worth playing. Emerald Links? Give your head a shake - it can't hold a candle to Predator, Talon and the Dome (which I think is a bad course) and it's members are leaving droves and joining Clublink!

Most public courses are overrun with hackers and generally slow play. At Clublink courses you can almost be guaranteed at 4-4:20 minute round every time out. What a shame.

Clublink works. I've played some very fine courses over the past year including Fountainbleau and Le Maitre. I've played them 12-15 times - that almost pays for my entire membership. If you're younger than 31 the value is even greater! You can potentially have to pay less than half dues and membership fees .

If you don't like Clublink then don't join - join a $500 membership public course and take your spot in line with all the other 120+ shot makers . Clublink will add at least two more courses in the Ottawa region over the next couple years - Outaouais is pretty much done except for ink on paper. The same goes for Stonebridge. Two very fine courses that I will enjoy playing very very much.

I'm tired of the Clublink bashing - I have not met one member who doesn't believe that his membership is not worth it. Take it from the us members - Clublink Rocks!

except for ink on paper.
    Let us know when it's a done deal. Until then its a rumour.

I don't know why you don't understand the anti clublink sentiment. Public players are losing access to nice courses. They don't like that. What is so hard to understand?

join a $500 membership public course and take your spot in line with all the other 120+ shot makers .
    Hmm, you sound a bit uppety here. Perhaps the "I have more money and am a better golfer than you peons" attitude of some members is also part of the anti clublink sentiment.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Just out of curiousity?
    How much is a clublink membership?
    I assume its out of my reach.
    As far as having to play with hackers at 120+,lets not forget
    we have all been there,in fact im still there.
    Clublink to me seems like a good thing,but if they gobble up all the decent courses,
    My bag and its contents will be on this forum.
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Thread Information